Who knows? RB battle

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram4life11

Rookie
I want info on how our Running Backs are coming along? Who's looking the best? Who's not looking so good? And what will the backs be on the depth chart when preseason ends?
Info Info Info PLEASE...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Ram4life11 said:
I want info on how our Running Backs are coming along? Who's looking the best? Who's not looking so good? And what will the backs be on the depth chart when preseason ends?
Info Info Info PLEASE...

I think this, more than any position on this club, takes shape thru preseason.

There are a lot of reports from camp. Each guy has had their moments. The clarity begins on Thursday!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Ram4life11 said:
Info Info Info PLEASE...

Looks to me we have several ROD'mers who have provided us with some excellent reports on our new RB cadre. Still looks to up in the air as to which RB will come up as our #1. I think we will see a lot of the four throughout the 2013 season.

Stacy seems to have had some issues lately...DR is still a liability as the last line of defense for Sam. Pead seems to have the lead currently as the best all round type. Cunningham is sore and sore. Four pre season games ahead with much for all of them to prove. IMO I feel that Pead & Cunningham will be our top two when the season is done. Best of all they are healthy!

chefRAMzy

UDFA
Name
Chef
i couldnt find the rescent article about fisher, but he says he expects to see d.rich as the starter. Its somewhere on espn but seems like my phone got the news before they put it up.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Fisher said in his Post Practice comments that Richardson....

"(On the running back competition)
“I think Daryl (Richardson) comes back as our starter because he played significantly more last year than anybody, and so Isaiah (Pead) is working himself up and competing with Daryl. And you’ve got the rest of the guys that are just going to battle it out, and we haven’t ruled anybody out from that matter. But we’re going to try to get as many carries as we can.”

This unit will truly be a committee, unless and until someone separates from, the pack. And IMO, there is no one who is that much better than the rest to do that. They all have unique skillsets, and they all bring something to the mix, given the game situation.

And just because they don't have that "bellcow" guy, I still think they can be every bit as productive if not more so as a group.

jap

Legend
BonifayRam said:
Ram4life11 said:
Info Info Info PLEASE...

Looks to me we have several ROD'mers who have provided us with some excellent reports on our new RB cadre. Still looks to up in the air as to which RB will come up as our #1. I think we will see a lot of the four throughout the 2013 season.

Stacy seems to have had some issues lately...DR is still a liability as the last line of defense for Sam. Pead seems to have the lead currently as the best all round type. Cunningham is sore and sore. Four pre season games ahead with much for all of them to prove. IMO I feel that Pead & Cunningham will be our top two when the season is done. Best of all they are healthy!

I agree with both choices.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
chefRAMzy said:
i couldnt find the rescent article about fisher, but he says he expects to see d.rich as the starter. Its somewhere on espn but seems like my phone got the news before they put it up.

Reading from some very good TC reports since the TC began...DR is impressive but & its one hell of a big IF

The top RB in this offense must...... may I repeat must be the last line of protection for Sam Bradford............DR in this area gets a FAIL! So no matter how well he runs how fast he runs how well he catches if he can not P R O T E C T he will not be the main show...in this area alone that's why I will state that Benny Cunningham is the type of young man (inside & out) to be that all important RB for our the franchise QB. Sam must be kept upright and his body shielded. Cuz once this offense gets rolling the only way to stop it will to take Sam out of the game thus Fisher in his wisdom will not permit an incapable RB who has shown no ability in this area to remain in this post.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I honestly expect both Richardson and Pead to improve.

And while I agree that Pead has more to offer all around, the RB's primary skill set is running the ball and Pead's indecision at the line is what gave Richardson the backup job last year. Otherwise why not play a tight end that can catch at half back? Oh, they'll probably do that too :) But I think the team depended on rushing yards more and needed a different kind of running back last year, so who knows?

As well I expect Richardson to improve at blocking. That still doesn't mean that they can't or won't both be used in situations that suit their strengths. The idea with this offense is to exploit what the defense gives, and no huddle with the right personnel out there is where I think they can force defensive time outs :)

They don't want to see Austin out there getting killed either, but that doesn't mean you won't see him lined up in the back field occasionally as well. I am just too excited about the offense this year, and I have to remind myself that this is one of the youngest teams in the NFL.