Who is your 'dark horse' for TC?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Ill pick a rookie from a later round as my "dark horse". Alexander, Maurice. I think our earlier rounds are solid picks and should do good. But I think this kid will out preform his draft round selection.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Who said anything about can't miss? You like Cody and Seward for your dark horses, I'm going with Reid as mine ..

fair enough, I was just questioning your point about the return game being so wide open. Kickoff return, I agree is "best man wins" But there is no indication that they are looking to reduce Austin's role there at all.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Kickoff return, I agree is "best man wins" But there is no indication that they are looking to reduce Austin's role there at all.
It almost doesn't matter. Teams are going to kick-off to us about 3 times a game max this year (and that includes the coin-flip). :heh:

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
It almost doesn't matter. Teams are going to kick-off to us about 3 times a game max this year (and that includes the coin-flip). :heh:
Even if it goes to overtime?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I may be madly optimistic - but I think Gilbert is going to surprise. At least enough that they won't dare try to sneak him onto the practice squad. And there's a non-zero chance he'll be the #2 qb in 2015.

But I've been known to drink the kool aid on QB prospects before. But strong armed, responds well to good coaching - sounds promising.

CoachO

Hall of Fame

I meant to say they arent gonna reduce his PUNT RETURN duties... my bad,,,

TShram03

UDFA
I think Buffalo's run defense ranked 28th...and I know you can't blame it all on Carrington but...

Sure, I overstated Buffalo a bit to help my case w/ Carrington.

Bottom line: He was starting for a 2013 defense that ended up finishing 2nd in NFL in sacks and INT (also finished 3rd in passes broken up).

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I meant to say they arent gonna reduce his PUNT RETURN duties... my bad,,,

I know this is random coach, well sorta, but how good is Tavon Austin on a speed and quickness level? Like, who would you compare him too?

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I'd like to see Sabino impress enough that he sticks. Not sure how his rehab is going but his coach at OSU sure loved him!

jjab360

Legend
Black Beauty.
attachment_zpsc6ae015b.jpg

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I know this is random coach, well sorta, but how good is Tavon Austin on a speed and quickness level? Like, who would you compare him too?

The closest thing I have seen is Dante Hall, and I actually think Austin is shiftier. I haven't seen many who can stop and start like he can. But I also think that was part of his issue early last season. He tried to rely on that too much, instead of just trying to get up field when there wasn't much space.

You definitely leave practices knowing he is special in his ability. But having the game slow down around him, should benefit him overall.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
The closest thing I have seen is Dante Hall, and I actually think Austin is shiftier. I haven't seen many who can stop and start like he can. But I also think that was part of his issue early last season. He tried to rely on that too much, instead of just trying to get up field when there wasn't much space.

You definitely leave practices knowing he is special in his ability. But having the game slow down around him, should benefit him overall.

Pretty awesome knowing we may have the quickest player of all time lol I can't wait to watch him this year. I agree with you though, he looked like he tried too hard last year.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
I'm going to go with Steward. Going to need some linebacker depth, this is an area of the team whose depth might be in the most question.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I am going with Reid as well, and I am not a "Nole Homer" It is no secret that both kickoff and return duties are up for grabs as the Rams' coaching staff apparently want to reduce wear and tear on Tavon while giving him a larger role in the offense. I see Greg Reid as securing at least one of those jobs if not both. He also can be a standout defender on special teams. The man is not afraid to hit. Anyone see the hit he put on Marcus Lattimore on one of Reid's highlight reels? There is no reason to believe he can't contribute depth in our secondary as well. Camp/preseason should be fun to watch ..

Is Reid better than Cunningham at kick off returns? Benny seems to have the better physique for it

…..

Legend
I'd like Mo Alexander to show out and help us all relax alittle about the safety spot.