Who Is The One Player You Don't Want The Rams Taking In Round 1?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
The Clowney haters are getting rather hilarious.

He will be a 12-14 sack guy year 1 with the impact of an Aldon Smith, As a situational pash rusher.

I want Robinson for other reasons not because I doubt Clowneys love for the game. Warren Saap and the other knuckleheads are talking like Clowney has no passion for the game. Please.

He will destroy 1 on 1 matchups.

He will be a 12-14 sack guy year 1 with the impact of an Aldon Smith, As a situational pash rusher.

I want Robinson for other reasons not because I doubt Clowneys love for the game. Warren Saap and the other knuckleheads are talking like Clowney has no passion for the game. Please.

Why? Because you don't agree with them?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Manziel. His additude to being a second string QB to Sam would be a distraction.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stop. You are ruining your credibility my friend.

I'm not too worried that I am. If we're using pick #2, it needs to be a top two talent. And my top two players are Clowney and a QB. A QB is obviously out of the realm of possibilities.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'm not too worried that I am. If we're using pick #2, it needs to be a top two talent. And my top two players are Clowney and a QB. A QB is obviously out of the realm of possibilities.
There are about 5 players that are well worth the number 1 pick...so at least 4 players are worthy of number 2.

Saying there are only 2 players worthy of being taken 1 and 2 is being very tunnel visioned and setting yourself up to fail.

This cliche notion that you take the BPA no matter what is a fallacy. Not to mention how many times we here this "best player in a decade" talk when said player ends up being just as good as other players in the class at other positions (sometimes the SAME position).

No...there are more options than J.Clowney at # 2.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

I'm going to have to agree with Jrry. If this is based purely off BPA at #2, then it's Clowney or a QB. Anything else is a reach.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'm going to have to agree with Jrry. If this is based purely off BPA at #2, then it's Clowney or a QB. Anything else is a reach.
Yeah, I could just see the headlines now...Team X takes the 3rd best player on the board at No.2...draft is a complete failure!!!

:ROFLMAO:

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW

That's your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it.
Considering he did nothing this year that's a lot of expectations going against LT and RT's that are already better than anyone he faced in college on average.
And FWIW, I am not a Clowney hater at all. I just don't think we have the luxury of taking a position of strength with so many other needs. That's all.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler

Your ability to see into the future is amazing.

If your powers aren't Jadeveon Clowney related only can you give me next weeks powerball numbers?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Mike Evans

I realize he had a nice combine, but his lack of quickness off the line scares me.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I do not want Clowney, we are stacked at DE, and this guy has bust potential. No thanks.

There are OTs and a WR worthy of that #2 pick, and those are big needs as well.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I don't want Robinson. We need O-linemen to keep Sam upright before anything else and Robinson doesn't offer the same pass blocking ability as the other top tackles in the class. He also screams boom or bust to me in general. Give me Matthews or Lewan over him any day of the week...

Dude, Robinson is a beast. He ran a 4.92 at 332! Have you seen this guy? He's not sloppy like Fluker or Andre Smith. The exploitation of his run dominance by his coaches does not mean he's a futile pass blocker.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame

I'll bet you 1,000 ROD dollars he doesn't get 14 sacks his 1st year.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Dude, Robinson is a beast. He ran a 4.92 at 332! Have you seen this guy? He's not sloppy like Fluker or Andre Smith. The exploitation of his run dominance by his coaches does not mean he's a futile pass blocker.
I'm not really interested in the 40 times for a LT(as impressive as his time was). His game shows deficiencies as a pass blocker. Does he have the potential to be a good, even dominant pass blocker? Yes. But we don't know for certain that he ever will. At this point i'd rather take a guy who can dominate as a pass blocker immediately, as for me, priority number 1 is protecting Sam. Both Matthews and Lewan fit that mould for me. I like Robinson's potential but i wouldn't be prepared to take that risk at #2 overall.

VARAMS

UDFA
Name
Dano
If we must pick at 1.2 - Watkins - WATKINS - WATKINS!!! - need to draft a blue chipper not draft a positional need. I am starting to think Clowney is a wild card - something a bit immature and unfocused.