Who is the greatest living legend rock star?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And why?

Don't get hung up on the word "rock" though. I mean any front man/woman. It's a hard question to answer because it has so many possibilities. For me, I'd probably have to say either Elton John or Paul McCartney. Their music is going to live on for a very, very long time after they're gone, and they were two of the better lyricists of their time.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Has to be Mick Jagger. I really can't think of anyone close. There are a lot that would fill the top 20 or so but IMO, they would all be well below.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Has to be Mick Jagger. I really can't think of anyone close. There are a lot that would fill the top 20 or so but IMO, they would all be well below.
Figured you would have said Neil Young.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Figured you would have said Neil Young.
Ha! Love Neil Young but I'm at least a little bit of a realist. Besides, the dude has been absolutely mailing it in lately. His last several albums have been a bunch of trite, uninspired lyrics put to Neil's signature sound. Sad really.

fearsomefour

Legend
I don't even know how you would measure this.
I personally wouldn't really cross the street to see Mick Jagger. He can't sing and is fronting, for the most part, a relatively average bar band. Now, I am looking at that from the perspective of today. Back in the day, I am sure they were special. To me, he is a jester, the first coming of David Lee Roth.
Im not a huge classic rock guy, so, hard for me to say. Any of my favorites would not register on a list like this.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I personally wouldn't really cross the street to see Mick Jagger. He can't sing and is fronting, for the most part, a relatively average bar band. Now, I am looking at that from the perspective of today. Back in the day, I am sure they were special. To me, he is a jester, the first coming of David Lee Roth.
Im not a huge classic rock guy, so, hard for me to say. Any of my favorites would not register on a list like this.
I'm not a big Jagger fan either but what he has done and the amount of time he has been relevant in the rock scene is pretty staggering really.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I have to go with Robert Plant.
Still quite a few greats out there, but I had to go with the front man from Zep.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I like the comparison to Roth. Completely agree.
I do love Sammy and Eddy though.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
And why?

Don't get hung up on the word "rock" though. I mean any front man/woman. It's a hard question to answer because it has so many possibilities. For me, I'd probably have to say either Elton John or Paul McCartney. Their music is going to live on for a very, very long time after they're gone, and they were two of the better lyricists of their time.
Hard to argue Elton John or McCartney. Incredible songwriters, musicians and singers. (and yes, you can mention John, without a mention of Bernie T.)

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Easy to forget about Bowie.

It's interesting
David Bowie isn't connected with a partner like Robert Plant is with Jimmy Page or Paul is with John, or Jagger with Keith.

That's why I think Bowie is the #1 living legend
He stands alone throughout rock history. He continues to be relevant and the rock star I'd most want to hang out with at a dinner party. As long as he brings Iman

005_iman-et-david-bowie_theredlist.jpg

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think of this as in, who would I wanna party with the most....John Mayer...for a few reasons....Jennifer Aniston, Tayler Swift oh and let us not forget Katy Perry....this dude has fucked em all. Show me the ways sir, show me

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Surprised you would even need to ask this question , the only difficult part was trying to choose which song to use

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'd have to give a shout out to Don Henley and Steven Tyler simply for the longevity of their music as well. Bob Seger is poking his head around the corner as well. And no one mention Bob Dylan?