Who is that guy they are calling Sanchez?????

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Wow he looks like a different guy. I know the other QBs that have been in that system that have produced but MAN he is looking good.

I want that system for the Rams

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
He looks phenomenal. Get him an offensive line and some decent weapons, and he will produce. Something he never got as a Jet. He's always had the talent.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It's what all Quarterbacks look like after leaving Brian Schottenheimer.

A55VA6

Legend
It's all about the offensive system. Schotty's sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:

V3

Hall of Fame
This is what I've been trying to say. I don't get why people keep defending him(Schotty). He's not good. It's why Sanchez did NOT want to come here. If Fisher doesn't get rid of him in the offseason, I'll lose all faith in him. I'm starting to think he's not the only coaching change that should happen, either. Certain positions coaches where we see players stagnate or regress...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This is what I've been trying to say. I don't get why people keep defending him(Schotty). He's not good. It's why Sanchez did NOT want to come here. If Fisher doesn't get rid of him in the offseason, I'll lose all faith in him. I'm starting to think he's not the only coaching change that should happen, either. Certain positions coaches where we see players stagnate or regress...

I concur and I believe you will see many changes to the staff, however, do not be shocked if the new offensive coordinator is not a high profile guy.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

You mean the guy that was in charge of the Jets offense when they went to the AFC title game 2 years in a row?

Or the one that magically made the Jets an offensive juggernaut when he left in 2012?

There's ALWAYS more factors than taking the lazy route and blaming the OC.

JCK363

Behind Enemy Lines
Name
John
I agree. It's not like the Jets are lighting up the scoreboard since both of those guys left.

Lesson

Oh, really?
It's all about the offensive system. Schotty's sucks.

Even though Sanchez had most of his success under Schotty while his play declined in Schotty's last year in NY, leading to Schotty being scapegoated and a new OC to be brought in. Under that new OC(Sparano), his play continued to decline. Schotty's been fine for the most part this season, IMO, but has been hamstrung with who has been at QB, but that's a different story.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I don't have to take the lazy route, Schotteheimer's body of work speaks for itself.

I agree, that's why Sam Bradford was off to a career year last year.

Why Brian Quick was breaking out this year.

That's why our TEs are the teams' leading TD receptions.

And why 3rd round and beyond RBs are playing well.

All this with injuies and 2nd and 3rd string QBs.

Sorry dude, but I won't ever blame the OC, call for changes after every loss. Always more factors. Always.

moklerman

Warner-phile
It's hard not to think that Schottenheimer doesn't get the most out of his QB's after watching Sanchez tonight.

That's what I don't understand about Schottenheimer's offense. Why is it so complicated when it's so conservative and unproductive? It's also frustrating to watch relatively good plays in the first quarter and then nothing the rest of the time. Is the "script" solid but then no adjustments are made?

When it comes right down to it though, regardless of how good or bad Schottenheimer actually is, the Rams are BORING to watch most of the time. Watching the Eagles tonight was bringing back memories of Mad Martz. Watching the Rams has been like watching Shurmur. Even if things were going well and the Rams were able to replicate what the Jets were doing a few years ago, which is what I assume they want to do, it would be relatively boring.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
It's just one game. Matt Flynn threw 6 TDs in one game, that doesn't make him an elite qb.

Consistency and longevity, just saying.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I agree, that's why Sam Bradford was off to a career year last year.

Why Brian Quick was breaking out this year.

That's why our TEs are the teams' leading TD receptions.

And why 3rd round and beyond RBs are playing well.

All this with injuies and 2nd and 3rd string QBs.

Sorry dude, but I won't ever blame the OC, call for changes after every loss. Always more factors. Always.
Totally agreed. Really wish it was as simple as just change out one guy and everything will be hunky dory though.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Totally agreed. Really wish it was as simple as just change out one guy and everything will be hunky dory though.
Therein lies the problem: 1999. Because we did just change out one guy and won the Super Bowl.

But that, of course, wasn't the whole story. Faulk for a steal. Tory Holt in the first round. London Fletcher. Kurt Warner. The list goes on: Vermeil compromising his practice schedule.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I used to think Schotty was the problem, but I believe he has done a pretty good job for the most part this season. I would like to see him make better use of Tavon, however, but that could come when the offense is clicking more.

Memphis Ram

Legend
You mean the guy that was in charge of the Jets offense when they went to the AFC title game 2 years in a row?

Or the one that magically made the Jets an offensive juggernaut when he left in 2012?

There's ALWAYS more factors than taking the lazy route and blaming the OC.

I've never been a fan and wanted Fisher to bring in Norv Turner this offseason. But, I can't help but to give him a pass this year due to the QB situation.

BTW, while he was in charge of that Jets offense during the years you mentioned, anyone who watched knows that Buddy Ryan's top rated defenses were the main cogs that got the Jets to those Championship games. The 9-7 2009 team even gave up the fewest points in the NFL.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've never been a fan and wanted Fisher to bring in Norv Turner this offseason. But, I can't help but to give him a pass this year due to the QB situation.

BTW, while he was in charge of that Jets offense during the years you mentioned, anyone who watched knows that Buddy Ryan's top rated defenses were the main cogs that got the Jets to those Championship games. The 9-7 2009 team even gave up the fewest points in the NFL.

cordarelle patterson has vanished this season under norv. i understand losing adp and starting a rookie qb limits you somewhat but still.

was 2009 the year the colts took manning out of the game in the last game of the regular season against them while they held the lead? if the colts win that the jets don't even make the post season.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Every team has a coordinator that will make them better...........every coordinator has a team that will make him better. The job of the team and Head Coach is to match those two things up. Fisher and the Rams have not.

Schotty is an average to good OC who doesn't fit the Rams offensive talent. (flipping that for another perspective........the Rams players are not a good fit for Schotty's offensive scheme.)