Who here lives in Arkansas?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I have an opportunity with a job for pretty good money in little rock. My best friend and his wife lives there and we all would get a house together for at least a few years. Pros and cons about Arkansas?

bluecoconuts

Legend
A job is a job, Arkansas is about as flyover as you can get, but if you'll enjoy the work and the money is good (or good enough) then the state shouldn't be a big deal. I would imagine the weather is similar to the region, and if you want to have fun, you'll have limited choices.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A job is a job, Arkansas is about as flyover as you can get, but if you'll enjoy the work and the money is good (or good enough) then the state shouldn't be a big deal. I would imagine the weather is similar to the region, and if you want to have fun, you'll have limited choices.
Yeah for sure. I would be going from buffalo to Arkansas so that would be a pretty big move.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If you are in Little Rock, you'll be just fine. It's a city of 200,000 people, so you'll have all the big restaurants and shops.

The worse part is probably the summer heat. Then again, I'm a cold climate guy.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't know much about the Arkansas climate but if it's anything like the rest of the Southeast, it'll be hot and muggy. But you'll get used to it.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I live 2 hours directly west of little rock in fort smith, Don't go to little rock that often other than to see a concert or something. crime rate is really high there be careful when your picking out a place to live. As far as the weather I don't know where your moving from but if its from the lou the weather here isnt much different than there. maybe a little warmer in the summer bout the same in the winter. if your an outdoors man you will love it here lots of mountains and lakes its a beautiful state when you get out of the city. don't have any professional sports teams everybody eats sleeps and breaths Razorbacks here and if you enjoy sec football at least for now they still play a game or two every year in little rock the rest are played in fayettville.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Just read you were coming from buffalo lol. yeah way way different climate! very very hot and muggy in the summer compared to what your used to. most days from mid june to august heat index could be 100 plus with damn near 100% humidity. but you will love the winters stays in the 40s to upper 50s for the most part with some 30s and a little snow sprinkled in here and there. like I said they dont call it the natural state for no reason lots of national parks.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Just read you were coming from buffalo lol. yeah way way different climate! very very hot and muggy in the summer compared to what your used to. most days from mid june to august heat index could be 100 plus with damn near 100% humidity. but you will love the winters stays in the 40s to upper 50s for the most part with some 30s and a little snow sprinkled in here and there. like I said they dont call it the natural state for no reason lots of national parks.
That's awesome thanks man. I'm not really worried about the crime rate. The places were looking at are all really nice neighborhoods. But yeah the heat will take some getting used too.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
That's awesome thanks man. I'm not really worried about the crime rate. The places were looking at are all really nice neighborhoods. But yeah the heat will take some getting used too.

Will be nice to get another rams fan here in AR I think I'm the only one:cheers: pretty much everybody here are cowboys fans with a few saints fans sprinkled in. Arkansas took in and helped a lot of hurricane katrina victims that lost there homes and a lot of them liked it so much they never went back.

Last edited:

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
You got any specific questions about anything I would be glad to help if I can. Ive lived here all 31 years of my life. Cost of living here is cheaper than most places in the country too so thats a plus.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
You got any specific questions about anything I would be glad to help if I can. Ive lived here all 31 years of my life. Cost of living here is cheaper than most places in the country too so thats a plus.
Thanks a lot man I really appreciate the help. I'm not leaving much behind in buffalo so it will
Be pretty easy to transition. Just some family. I think we're looking in the Cabot area which is supposed to be nice. But yeah I heard there's tons of razorback fans and cowboy fans. I guess I'll have to get into college football lol any good players come out of there?

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Thanks a lot man I really appreciate the help. I'm not leaving much behind in buffalo so it will
Be pretty easy to transition. Just some family. I think we're looking in the Cabot area which is supposed to be nice. But yeah I heard there's tons of razorback fans and cowboy fans. I guess I'll have to get into college football lol any good players come out of there?

There will be a lot more in the coming years Brett Bielema is building a good program right now next year will be year 3 of the rebuild and were starting to accumilate some serious talent on the roster. Some names you probably know that have come from here the last few years off the top of my head

Darren Mcfadden
Felix Jones
Payton Hillis
Ryan Mallet
Tyler Wilson
Jarious Wright
Matt Jones
And we have put a lot of Olineman in the NFL within the last 5 or so years.

Something cool about the program right now is we have the biggest Oline in the world by average weight. I think the Bills have the second biggest there are some mammoth dudes on that line. our left tackle is 6"10 dude is a monster and weve got 3 NFL caliber RBs. were gonna make some serious noise in the SEC next year.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Another thing that will probably be new to you is you will be moving into tornado alley so if your freaked out by that your gonna be pretty tense through the spring time because there are a lot that roll through here. Storms fascinate me so I get out and do a little tornado chasing from time to time trying to catch one one on video.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Jerry Jones was an Olineman at U of A also if you didnt know that so thats part of the reason there are so many cowboys fans here. plus there the closest team.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Good ole Bill Clinton was born and raised here too. we love our BJs here in arkansas(y)

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
My grandparents live in Fayetteville. I've been visiting that area my entire life. It's actually pretty nice and is quite beautiful. I don't think it's too close to Little Rock but that's where the University is. They've got insanely nice facilities and they're all named after the Waltons. As far as things to do in Arkansas, you can always catch a Razorback game. As far as boring old people things there is Terra Studios, http://terrastudios.com/ and Crystal Bridges Museum, http://crystalbridges.org/. I'm sure there's more to do in Little Rock.

Another thing that will probably be new to you is you will be moving into tornado alley so if your freaked out by that your gonna be pretty tense through the spring time because there are a lot that roll through here. Storms fascinate me so I get out and do a little tornado chasing from time to time trying to catch one one on video.
Is it much flatter south of Fayetteville? Fayetteville is a city of rolling hills.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
That's some really good talent of the players you mentioned. I wonder what life would like bein 6'10 haha but Yeah my buddy was helping out with the one tornado that came through it completely wiped out everything. There's always gunna be something wherever you live. Do you get like tornado insurance? Lol probably a stupid question.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
My grandparents live in Fayetteville. I've been visiting that area my entire life. It's actually pretty nice and is quite beautiful. I don't think it's too close to Little Rock but that's where the University is. They've got insanely nice facilities and they're all named after the Waltons. As far as things to do in Arkansas, you can always catch a Razorback game. As far as boring old people things there is Terra Studios, http://terrastudios.com/ and Crystal Bridges Museum, http://crystalbridges.org/. I'm sure there's more to do in Little Rock.

Is it much flatter south of Fayetteville? Fayetteville is a city of rolling hills.

No I live about 50 miles south of fayettville its really hilly and moutainy untill you get well past the middle of the state.you have the ozark mountain range up north and the Ouachita range in the middle on down a ways. the very eastern part of AR is flat and probably bottom 1/3rd of the state is flat.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
That's some really good talent of the players you mentioned. I wonder what life would like bein 6'10 haha but Yeah my buddy was helping out with the one tornado that came through it completely wiped out everything. There's always gunna be something wherever you live. Do you get like tornado insurance? Lol probably a stupid question.

There are no stupid questions only stupid people:ROFLMAO: kidding! that insurance is just included in whatever insurance your gonna get down here along with hail damage or anything like that.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Good ole Bill Clinton was born and raised here too. we love our BJs here in arkansas(y)
My grandfather taught law the same time as the Clintons so he went to faculty meetings with them.

Lou Holtz used to coach at Arkansas. Some of my family claim to know him and his children.

No I live about 50 miles south of fayettville its really hilly and moutainy untill you get well past the middle of the state.you have the ozark mountain range up north and the Ouachita range in the middle on down a ways. the very eastern part of AR is flat and probably bottom 1/3rd of the state is flat.
I just don't ever think of there being tornados because it's so hilly there and hills tend to kill a twisters momentum.