Who here has been a Rams fan the longest?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Loved to catamaran, we had a perfect hill in Newbury Park, very low traffic. We would skateboard over to it and walk and skate to the top, down we went until one day there was what seemed like a 10' Rattle snake sunbathing and we almost ran it over. OK it was probably 5'-6' but if you have ever seen a Diamond Back you know they are beefy.
Yeah - carving a good part of my ankle off under my buddy's board ended my catamaran days for the most part. I actually moved north shortly after and Atascadero didn't exactly have a bunch of skateboard friendly areas. But they DID have Rattlers. My dad bought a barley and alfalfa ranch and I had to work it every day after school and on weekends. You couldn't shake a stick out there without stirring up a rattler. At least they're good eating.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Holy cow! I'm totally envious. He and Jack are my all time faves.
I remember thinking, when Jack Youngblood took Deacon's Place, " Who does this young punk think he is , He'll never fill Deacon's shoe's!" Boy! Was I ever wrong!!!!:D Show you how lucky the Rams can be at times!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
At least they're good eating.
Butter and Garlic? I bet you have a recipe or two up your sleeve. Your Dad sounds like a very interesting and great guy. A mans man with the adventurous tasks he took on. My Pops was an exec in the family adopted business He worked at Paramount Pictures for 40 years. Ironically I have been there parts of the last 3 years. He did like to work on cars though and I always enjoyed that. Sorry about the hijacking, I just love when a great memory of my dad comes to me in an organic way. RIP Pops, Go Rams he would say

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Butter and Garlic? I bet you have a recipe or two up your sleeve. Your Dad sounds like a very interesting and great guy. A mans man with the adventurous tasks he took on. My Pops was an exec in the family adopted business He worked at Paramount Pictures for 40 years. Ironically I have been there parts of the last 3 years. He did like to work on cars though and I always enjoyed that. Sorry about the hijacking, I just love when a great memory of my dad comes to me in an organic way. RIP Pops, Go Rams he would say
Hey - I'm pretty sure this is why Prime started this thread. Yeah - my dad is an interesting guy. He and my mom raise long horns in Atascadero now. Of course most of them are models for my mom's art (Vel Miller). She calls them by name. We all hated having to work like that as kids but looking back, I don't regret any of it. Here's a shot of my dad bringing back a long horn calf that rolled under the fence just after being born. He's a second generation Rams fan BTW.
IMG_2903.JPG

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Hey - I'm pretty sure this is why Prime started this thread. Yeah - my dad is an interesting guy. He and my mom raise long horns in Atascadero now. Of course most of them are models for my mom's art (Vel Miller). She calls them by name. We all hated having to work like that as kids but looking back, I don't regret any of it. Here's a shot of my dad bringing back a long horn calf that rolled under the fence just after being born. He's a second generation Rams fan BTW.View attachment 3474
That's A great shot, That hard work and contributing to the Family's success isn't fun when your young but pays off later. I wish I was tougher at times but hey I go with the gut and the spirit of all the good things I learned from my parents is always there. It's a new world when it comes to raising kids, That's For Sure. I believe you brought up your mom before and I checked out her stuff. She is very talented did that sort of artistic expression pass on to the kids at all? her stuff is very Native American influenced. Kinda nice to drift from the Team for a moment and see the layered complexity that makes us. I think you are right that prison preacher is no dummy, he knows if he calls the thread more about you and yours..........Crickets.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That's A great shot, That hard work and contributing to the Family's success isn't fun when your young but pays off later. I wish I was tougher at times but hey I go with the gut and the spirit of all the good things I learned from my parents is always there. It's a new world when it comes to raising kids, That's For Sure. I believe you brought up your mom before and I checked out her stuff. She is very talented did that sort of artistic expression pass on to the kids at all? her stuff is very Native American influenced. Kinda nice to drift from the Team for a moment and see the layered complexity that makes us. I think you are right that prison preacher is no dummy, he knows if he calls the thread more about you and yours..........Crickets.

You remember right about my mom. My brother is very talented but chose a different path. I draw stick figures and not even very well - but I like to think food is my art. Funny enough, I married a very talented artist www.beckymillerartist.com. She and my mom get along like peas in a pod.

The prison preacher is wise indeed. This is the only site I have been a part of where we actually foster getting to know the real poster. It's great and I think the site gets stronger for it when we do. Cheers to Prime for keeping us grounded.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Yes the food and Beer crafting are your Art indeed, I myself am much more creative than Artistic and a bit of a plagiarist when it come to my craft. I agree it is nice to get to know the person behind the post, Humanizing. It is said that once you get to know someone you create compassion and de-vilify them even if you have created contempt without knowing them. I try to reach out to people that rub me wrong and often find they are not what I had created in head. I wish I was better at it. This site certainly has a uniqueness to it that is inviting. On another note I am looking at attending the Charger game and started a thread in the ROD Events section. If anyone is interested make a post about your plans. Maybe some pre game Breakfast or tailgating if they allow it at Qualcomm.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yes the food and Beer crafting are your Art indeed, I myself am much more creative than Artistic and a bit of a plagiarist when it come to my craft. I agree it is nice to get to know the person behind the post, Humanizing. It is said that once you get to know someone you create compassion and de-vilify them even if you have created contempt without knowing them. I try to reach out to people that rub me wrong and often find they are not what I had created in head. I wish I was better at it. This site certainly has a uniqueness to it that is inviting. On another note I am looking at attending the Charger game and started a thread in the ROD Events section. If anyone is interested make a post about your plans. Maybe some pre game Breakfast or tailgating if they allow it at Qualcomm.
I saw that. I haven't been to a game in SD since it was Jack Murphy stadium. Same place? I'm guessing everything I remember about the area around the stadium has changed. I doubt I will be able to make it to that game but if I can figure something out with my boys and my dad I will be sure to let you know. Long way to go = but so was Tampa. Who knows?

Talk later man.

Stu

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Great stuff! I became a lifelong fan in 1968 at the ripe old age of 8. Roman Gabriel was my boyhood idol and on the couple of occasions we moved during my childhood my RG poster in my room was the last thing to come down and the first to go up in the new place. I kept it on my walls, although it became somewhat tattered later on, until I went off to college in 1979.

I grew up in NC and we did not have a team back then. The networks tried to force feed us the Redskins but I guess I've always been something of a rebel. With RG also being a North Caronlinean the deal was sealed for me! Been a die hard fan ever since.

OT: @RamFan503 , took the time to look at Becky's work. Amazing! Please tell her I said so. Being a "child of the sea" myself I naturally gravitated to the kelp paintings...loved them! Does she ever work on vacation? I would love to see her rendition of some of the mangroves here in the Keys. Hope all is well with you, my friend.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Great stuff! I became a lifelong fan in 1968 at the ripe old age of 8. Roman Gabriel was my boyhood idol and on the couple of occasions we moved during my childhood my RG poster in my room was the last thing to come down and the first to go up in the new place. I kept it on my walls, although it became somewhat tattered later on, until I went off to college in 1979.

I grew up in NC and we did not have a team back then. The networks tried to force feed us the Redskins but I guess I've always been something of a rebel. With RG also being a North Caronlinean the deal was sealed for me! Been a die hard fan ever since.

OT: @RamFan503 , took the time to look at Becky's work. Amazing! Please tell her I said so. Being a "child of the sea" myself I naturally gravitated to the kelp paintings...loved them! Does she ever work on vacation? I would love to see her rendition of some of the mangroves here in the Keys. Hope all is well with you, my friend.

I figure I was about a year ahead of you when I started being a Rams nut - '67. I don't know that I had a real favorite right off the bat. I met RG and Snow and several of the other Rams at, of all things, an alumni basketball game at my sister's HS (Cleveland High) in what I have to guess was about 71 or 72. That got me seriously geeked about the Rams. Sure would like to find that picture.

Becky does work on vacation at times. This time I kept her pretty busy. :D Maybe our next visit to the Keys she can bring her paints and do a plein air or two while we're down there. She didn't really get any good shots of the mangroves when we were down there and when she works from photos, she only works from her own.

It was great being able to spend a little time with you while we were down there. We WILL be back.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Your wives stuff is really great. I showed it off to a couple friends (artists/photographotographers)and they really liked it. Let her know her stuff is very nice. Love the coloring
Thank you. I will.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I figure I was about a year ahead of you when I started being a Rams nut - '67. I don't know that I had a real favorite right off the bat. I met RG and Snow and several of the other Rams at, of all things, an alumni basketball game at my sister's HS (Cleveland High) in what I have to guess was about 71 or 72. That got me seriously geeked about the Rams. Sure would like to find that picture.

Becky does work on vacation at times. This time I kept her pretty busy. :D Maybe our next visit to the Keys she can bring her paints and do a plein air or two while we're down there. She didn't really get any good shots of the mangroves when we were down there and when she works from photos, she only works from her own.

It was great being able to spend a little time with you while we were down there. We WILL be back.
We enjoyed it as well! Glad to hear there is to be a sequel. We'll have to get y'all out on our boat next time. There are tons of photo ops from which she could work.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
We enjoyed it as well! Glad to hear there is to be a sequel. We'll have to get y'all out on our boat next time. There are tons of photo ops from which she could work.
Sounds great. We will shoot for next year - probably around this time of year or the end of October.:cool:

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Sounds great. We will shoot for next year - probably around this time of year or the end of October.:cool:
The perfect time of year to be in the Keys! The weather is still perfect, the snow birds haven't arrived yet and the Miamis have stopped coming down because school is back in session. Nice and laid back, just like we like it!

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Definitely not me. Born in '96. I remember my dad bought me Madden 04 for the PS2 and me and my twin brother always played as the Rams. I never followed them until I saw Torry Holt's juggling TD catch against the Seahawks in '06. They lost the game on a last second field goal, but they won my loyalty forever. My dad is very happy to have raised a family full of Ram fans since he has been a fan since at least '79.