Who gets their walking papers?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Fisher just recently said that he'd like to bring back all of his free agents, but we all know that's financially impossible. So, who goes? And what do you do to replace them?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Here's a list of them;

ScreenShot2013-01-02at112708AM_zps6875d331.png

http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/st.-louis-rams/

PhxRam

Out of that group I would like to see back

Amendola
Cudjo
Fletcher
Gibson (yeah yeah still would be a good 4th wr)
Hayes
Richardson (in a backup role)
Stewart
Turner

If I had to even further reduce that list

Amendola
Fletcher
Hayes
Stewart

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Haggan
McIntosh
Smith
Fletcher
Stewart
Barksdale

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Fletcher is gone. That has been the assumption from all of us since the start of the season. I think bring Pointer up to the 53 man in week 17 seals the deal.

I think Barksdale, Clemons, and Smith are gone.

I think 1 of the 2 other LBs will be resigned. The other let go.(Haggan and McIntosh)

All the RFAs will be brought back.

That leaves SJ, Amendola, Dahl, Cudjo, Gibson, Hayes, Turner, and Richardson. All guys Id like to see next year. IMO SJ and Amendola are the top priorities. Followed by the 2nd tier of Cudjo, Hayes, Turner, and Richardson.

Dahl and Gibson are fringe players. IMO they will be brought back only if the $ is right. It will be interesting to see if there is any market for Gibson.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
These are the strongest players on that list;

Amendola
Fletcher
Hayes
Stewart

I'd like to see them back.

I'd also add Richardson. I think Barry did an admirable job and (just like signing a FA WR) takes a little pressure off the draft if we keep him.

nittany ram

Rookie
CGI_Ram said:
These are the strongest players on that list;

Amendola
Fletcher
Hayes
Stewart

I'd like to see them back.

I'd also add Richardson. I think Barry did an admirable job and (just like signing a FA WR) takes a little pressure off the draft if we keep him.

Interesting but why all the love for Stewart? Several posters in this thread want him back.

I mean, he's a player that couldn't even beat out Craig Dahl who's a box SS playing out of position at FS. And unfortunatey he played like it.

I would rather have Dahl back than Stewart. At least Dahl excels on special teams.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Stewart is an interesting situation. He showed a lot of promise before, but last year no. Was that a lack of talent or the nagging injury he had? Either way, I wouldn't be set on him replacing Dahl, neither of them are the long term answer really. Whichever one they feel would be the better backup and better on ST would be who I bring back. If Stewart just couldn't beat out Dahl, then send him packing. If Dahl had the spot only because the injury kept Stewart that limited, then he goes.

nittany ram

Rookie
bluecoconuts said:
Stewart is an interesting situation. He showed a lot of promise before, but last year no. Was that a lack of talent or the nagging injury he had? Either way, I wouldn't be set on him replacing Dahl, neither of them are the long term answer really. Whichever one they feel would be the better backup and better on ST would be who I bring back. If Stewart just couldn't beat out Dahl, then send him packing. If Dahl had the spot only because the injury kept Stewart that limited, then he goes.

Yeah, seems to me Stewart played pretty well in Spag's defense. Either way, I agree that neither should be viewed as the answer at FS. The Rams need to find a starting FS in this draft. That's probably the issue where there's the biggest consensus among posters.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Players that I think will be brought back:

Steven Jackson. You have to bring this guy back. Sure, he may be older, but he still eclipsed 1,000 yards this year. He's a perfect mentor for Richardson, Pead, and Ganaway (as well as any young back that we may draft this year), and he's the heart and soul of the team. He's certainly worth a two-year contract at a reduced price.

Danny Amendola. This offense couldn't get anything done without him. Even with Givens, Quick, Pettis, and maybe another highly-drafted receiver on the team, Amendola's probably our best receiver. We have to bring him back.

William Hayes. Will he get a raise? Most definitely. Do you almost have to bring him back? Yes. He got seven sacks as a backup end. He's a key part of the backup defensive line that we have.

Darian Stewart. Did he have a lackluster year? Yeah. Do you let him go because of it? Certainly not. He's still a restricted free agent, and the talent is certainly there. I have to think that Fisher would give him a second chance now that he's seen more of Stewart on tape.

Jermelle Cudjo. He was probably one of our biggest unsung heroes this year. He was a solid presence against the run and got significant push up the middle. Plus he's a restricted free agent. We should definitely bring Cudjo back, if only because we'd less depth at defensive tackle if we didn't.

Joe Barksdale. Probably the one guy that people will unanimously disagree on, but here's my thoughts. Barksdale played very well in his short stints, even against teams with a solid pass-rush. He may have been a healthy scratch for some games, but that was only because Saffold and Hunter were back from injuries. And to top it off, he wasn't even on our team at the start of the year. Imagine what Boudreau could do with him when he has a full year to work with him. Barksdale's still only twenty-three years old. You can't give up on a guy who's that young when he's shown that much potential.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Memento said:
Players that I think will be brought back:

Steven Jackson. You have to bring this guy back. Sure, he may be older, but he still eclipsed 1,000 yards this year. He's a perfect mentor for Richardson, Pead, and Ganaway (as well as any young back that we may draft this year), and he's the heart and soul of the team. He's certainly worth a two-year contract at a reduced price.

Danny Amendola. This offense couldn't get anything done without him. Even with Givens, Quick, Pettis, and maybe another highly-drafted receiver on the team, Amendola's probably our best receiver. We have to bring him back.

William Hayes. Will he get a raise? Most definitely. Do you almost have to bring him back? Yes. He got seven sacks as a backup end. He's a key part of the backup defensive line that we have.

Darian Stewart. Did he have a lackluster year? Yeah. Do you let him go because of it? Certainly not. He's still a restricted free agent, and the talent is certainly there. I have to think that Fisher would give him a second chance now that he's seen more of Stewart on tape.

Jermelle Cudjo. He was probably one of our biggest unsung heroes this year. He was a solid presence against the run and got significant push up the middle. Plus he's a restricted free agent. We should definitely bring Cudjo back, if only because we'd less depth at defensive tackle if we didn't.

Joe Barksdale. Probably the one guy that people will unanimously disagree on, but here's my thoughts. Barksdale played very well in his short stints, even against teams with a solid pass-rush. He may have been a healthy scratch for some games, but that was only because Saffold and Hunter were back from injuries. And to top it off, he wasn't even on our team at the start of the year. Imagine what Boudreau could do with him when he has a full year to work with him. Barksdale's still only twenty-three years old. You can't give up on a guy who's that young when he's shown that much potential.

I can't argue with your list or reasoning. I think Bark has more potential than Richardson, and may be as good as him right now. Rich saved himself by never playing badly two games in a row.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
If Steve Smith didn't play in a single Ram game next year,,, would anybody even notice ?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Selassie I said:
If Steve Smith didn't play in a single Ram game next year,,, would anybody even notice ?
That's deep, man.

Deep.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
X said:
Selassie I said:
That's deep, man.

Deep.

LOL

I'll try and stay in the shallow end from now on, as usual :hehe:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Selassie I said:
X said:
Selassie I said:
That's deep, man.

Deep.

LOL

I'll try and stay in the shallow end from now on, as usual :hehe:
That was one of those tree in the woods things. If it fell....

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Selassie I said:

Shit man, we didn't notice him in the games he played in.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
CGI_Ram said:
Of this list, the only player I don't expect back is Steve Smith.

Now, when I say 'back,' I mean players the coaching staff would want back for OTAs, mini-camps and training camp. Obviously, some of the UFAs might be out of their control, but the RFAs will most likely return.

Of the UFAs, Danny and SJ are as close to locks to return as any UFA can be. I agree with whoever said only one of Hagans and McIntosh will be resigned.

But however many of these players are 'back,' just because they're on the roster in July doesn't mean they'll make the 53. Draft picks and UDFA will take spots. Some of the practice squad players from last season may make the jump at the expense of a vet. Player development is what we want anyway.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Amendola and Hayes for sure.
Turner as a backup only.
The rest I really don't care. Just guys. If there the best we can get, sure bring them back.

Fletcher? He really lost something after his last knee injury. Don't see him starting anywhere. But if wants to come back as the 4th corner and be paid like it sure.

Stewart....For what ever reason he doesn't fit with what they did last year. A new DC might like him though. If he couldn't beat out Dahl then his future is sealed here.