Who Else?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Was disappointed we didn't blitz Copernicus a little more and use it to contain him?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Me.

At the very least we should have spied him after the first couple of breakaway runs.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
Me.

At the very least we should have spied him after the first couple of breakaway runs.
Blake's daddy would have thrown the house at Copernicus

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thordaddy said:
X said:
Me.

Agreed. I hope he's reinstated.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
X said:
Thordaddy said:
X said:
Me.

Agreed. I hope he's reinstated.

Hell Spags would have, did you see how much they blitzed Vick OMG!

stan

Rookie
Thordaddy said:
Was disappointed we didn't blitz Copernicus a little more and use it to contain him?

No, not once his passing game improved since his receivers Moss, Crabtree know to read the blitz and can burn us. Their running round the end is what made monkeys of our defense.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i'd have much rather just contained him and forced him to throw. how do you leave all that space in front of him to run, a known running qb? crazy.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
kurtfaulk said:

i'd have much rather just contained him and forced him to throw. how do you leave all that space in front of him to run, a known running qb? crazy.

This ^

We didn't only not contain him, but also made some play calls to allow him to easily make the decision to run.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
stan said:
Thordaddy said:

No, not once his passing game improved since his receivers Moss, Crabtree know to read the blitz and can burn us. Their running round the end is what made monkeys of our defense.
Well there are blitzes that leave recs. uncovered and there are blitzes that force backs to stay in to block.JMO but JL is a better pass defender when he blitzes than when he tries to stay with Gore in the pattern and.
TOO often the middle of the pocket was so wide open Billy Kilmer could have run for first downs .

BTW I'm not suggesting every down , but we were predictably eschewing the blitz to the point I could read it wasn't coming ,notice the words LITTLE MORE.

To me you GOTTA see how a guy handles it, and when he threw under pressure regardless how good the recs. WERE he was missing badly enough it COULD have forced some turnovers.

ANYWAY Here's a post from RRF by this astute guy named Odin:

Mistakes happen in every game they get blown up to larger proportion when you don't win.

Young team, imperfect coach, still getting better IOW IMO if we'd played as well as we did Sunday in every game we'd currently be 6-2-1.

YOU JUST HAVE TO consider WHO we were playing and where.
IN VIEW of the aforementioned WHO and WHERE,I see NO game on the schedule we can not win if we play JUST THAT WAY.

WE PLAYED the niners to a tie committing 12 penalties,but for those penalties which can be fixed with a little better focus we KILL THEM.

I 4 1 am NOT going to get my undies in a bunch over a tie AT the Stick .
THAT SAID we'd better be ready for San Fran at our place cuz they see it as a humiliating loss,bet on that, IF we beat them at our place ,PEOPLE WE HAVE A TEAM

stan

Rookie
Thordaddy said:
stan said:
Thordaddy said:

Well there are blitzes that leave recs. uncovered and there are blitzes that force backs to stay in to block.JMO but JL is a better pass defender when he blitzes than when he tries to stay with Gore in the pattern and.
TOO often the middle of the pocket was so wide open Billy Kilmer could have run for first downs .

BTW I'm not suggesting every down , but we were predictably eschewing the blitz to the point I could read it wasn't coming ,notice the words LITTLE MORE.

To me you GOTTA see how a guy handles it, and when he threw under pressure regardless how good the recs. WERE he was missing badly enough it COULD have forced some turnovers.

ANYWAY Here's a post from RRF by this astute guy named Odin:

Mistakes happen in every game they get blown up to larger proportion when you don't win.

Young team, imperfect coach, still getting better IOW IMO if we'd played as well as we did Sunday in every game we'd currently be 6-2-1.

YOU JUST HAVE TO consider WHO we were playing and where.
IN VIEW of the aforementioned WHO and WHERE,I see NO game on the schedule we can not win if we play JUST THAT WAY.

WE PLAYED the niners to a tie committing 12 penalties,but for those penalties which can be fixed with a little better focus we KILL THEM.

I 4 1 am NOT going to get my undies in a bunch over a tie AT the Stick .
THAT SAID we'd better be ready for San Fran at our place cuz they see it as a humiliating loss,bet on that, IF we beat them at our place ,PEOPLE WE HAVE A TEAM

My undies are in a bunch because that game was so winnable. I do agree with the rest of your outlook. This team has made tremendous improvement over that coached by Spags. Fisher is fearless and with continued improvement of players this Rams team will be of consequence.

diggity

Rookie
X said:
Me.

He's a very good running QB. Saw him quite a bit at UNR. None of the runs on Sunday were a fluke. If the RAMS had blitzed more often...the chances of getting burned go through the roof.
GO RAMS!!!!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
diggity said:
X said:
Me.

He's a very good running QB. Saw him quite a bit at UNR. None of the runs on Sunday were a fluke. If the RAMS had blitzed more often...the chances of getting burned go through the roof.
GO RAMS!!!!

I agree with diggity. Kaepernick's the only quarterback in college football history to pass for over 10,000 yards and rush for over 4,000 in his career. There's a reason why the Whiners traded up for him; I can't help but think that he's is going to be a pain in our side for years to come.