Who do you want to add post 53 man roster?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I still think the RB room is too light. Again I'm not a Hendo fan due to his durability issues.

So for me I would acquire Trey Edmunds RB x Steelers 6'2 223 could be a ok #4 RB whom can grind a little.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Are there any decent OLBers kicking about? I'm not confident in our OLBs

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It feels like we need to add a RB. Maybe 2, including practice squad.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Damarea Crockett. Former Mizzou running back. 5'11", 225 lbs. bruiser with underrated speed and third down ability.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
There were some decent backs cut lose yesterday Devonta Freeman,Jordan Howard,Wayne Gallman

Yes… you’d think the Rams are an attractive choice for any that don’t go thru waivers. We’re a good team… and we have opportunity at the position.

I bet we add a developmental type.

oldnotdead

Legend
I think any RB added will be strictly PS. It could be a vet or a young player with limited experience. Most vested vets are not going to want to sign a PS contract. I think offensively we will see a lot of 2018 concepts. It's the defense that I'm most curious about. I know Morris will play primarily zone because that is what he's most comfortable with and he's going to try to build upon Staley's zone concepts. If there are going to change that is where it will be, i.e. in the implementation of the scheme.

The roster is pretty much the way I pictured it would be. The only positions they are overly deep at is NT and safety. Fuller and Rapp are basically SS types with Hughes and Reed being more of what you expect at FS in terms of build and speed. Burgess is a hybrid DB who can play CB as well as FS. Burgess makes the secondary 5 deep at safety and CB. I think he will play both Rapp and Burgess as SS/coverage LBs.

I like the makeup of this roster. It's loaded with talent. Now it's a matter of it being used properly. In that regard, I hope Morris will be more aggressive with his secondary. They were very passive in pre-season stressing reacting to the pass instead of coverage like Staley emphasized. I think that style in the preseason had a lot to do with the poor speed of the DBs he was playing with. Harris was basically toast if he had to play man coverage.

The only criticism I might have with the makeup of the secondary is Reed instead of Deayon. Reed is what you expect if you are playing strictly a zone scheme, whereas Deayon gives the ability to play both zone or man. I think Morris and McVay feel they have what Deayon brings in Hughes and to a certain extent I agree. As long as Reed can stay ahead of the play and play downhill he will be fine. That's why I put Reed as the #5 safety.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I’m hoping for a young RB. Gore who was in KC looked pretty good. Andy Reid has always had a good eye for runningbacks and he likes them to be versatile like McVay does.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Yes… you’d think the Rams are an attractive choice for any that don’t go thru waivers. We’re a good team… and we have opportunity at the position.

I bet we add a developmental type.
I've always liked Gallman but money wise it probably couldn't happen. For his career he averages 4.3 yards per carry.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IMO they need a RB who also can return kicks, really hope Funk does not return kicks because that is how he was hurt in college, both times. I would look at RB Ito Smith, played for Morris in Atlanta and can return kickoffs too.

Memphis Ram

Legend
IMO they need a RB who also can return kicks, really hope Funk does not return kicks because that is how he was hurt in college, both times. I would look at RB Ito Smith, played for Morris in Atlanta and can return kickoffs too.

I'm almost sure Funk got hurt running down on coverage, but not actually returning the kicks.

If they like someone like Calais, someone like speedsters like Jason Huntley or Pooka Williams might fit the bill.

dang

Legend
RB3 - I see Funk as ST player for this year.
IOL - keep looking for depth.
Edge - keep looking for diamonds in the rough (e.g. Garrett).

Would love to add KJ Wright but I’m sure he’s looking for more $$$ than the Rams are able to pay.