1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who do you want in the 2nd Round?

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by jrry32, May 9, 2014.

1. BatteringRambo Gym Rat (Rams) Stoner

@Alan nice choice with Big Head Todd and the Monsters...great band buddy! I caught on to them back on the Riviera album up through to the most recent Black Beehive. :D

2. Boston Ram Member

There is some depth at OG so if they go DB this round you can find some talent in the 3rd or 4th at G. S falls off the cliff after Brooks, Joyner, Exum. I think your are on with Murray, looks like Murray or McCarron to me.

3. Memphis Ram Well-Known Member

Slightly slower on the official times. But, while almost impossible to judge, Mathieu just looked faster on the field to me.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/tyrann-mathieu?id=2540180
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/lamarcus-joyner?id=2543492

And the height difference, while small, is still a difference I would have preferred go the other way since I believe that Mathieu is the better player/playmaker.

4. jrry32 Well-Known Member

Well, I can't disagree but Mathieu is playing for Arizona so we don't have that opportunity. While Mathieu was the better playmaker and corner, I think Joyner displays better instincts in deep zone coverage and is a stronger player.

5. Memphis Ram Well-Known Member

I wonder if a center could be in play today. Scott Wells is sure making a lot of money for not being able to stay on the field.

Elmgrovegnome likes this.
  6. bluecoconuts Well-Known Member

I still think they're grooming Jones to be the eventual replacement. Dude is smart as hell, they essentially gave him a redshirt year.. With word that he's gotten much bigger, I think he makes his way in the rotation with the coaching staff eyeing him to take over next year.

Memento likes this.
  7. MizzOU New Member

Memphis Ram I was thinking the same. Guy from USC looks good.

8. Slappy967 Active Member

4 hours to go til we shake things up! I honestly believe tonight we will be more active moving around the board and am hoping we come out of the night with at least 3 players.

9. Alan Well-Known Member

Laid back rock. Good stuff. (y)
    I've never seen them live but if this video is any measure of their live performances I'd like too.
    I've got their Another Mayberry and Sister Sweetly CDs.

10. V3 Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me. Diplomacy and communication has won once again on ROD. :cheers:

11. Ramhusker Well-Known Member Pit Boss

Don't sleep on Tom Savage in the 2nd either. Prepare to be surprised!

12. STLINI New Member

I'm a Joyner fan. I think he'd be a nice playmaker in the secondaryd either at FS or slot CB. I didn't watch a ton of Brooks, but from what I've seen I think he'd be a nice fit. I don't see them going WR, but I really like Matthews. I'm not sure I see the value of the CB's right now. Maybe Jean-Baptist, but not over Joyner and maybe not over Brooks. I'd rather get Decir, McGill or Aikens in round 3, but who knows if they make it there.

I know the Rams had reported interest in trading up for Martin, but if they do intend on starting Robinson at LG, I just don't see the need to go overboard with OL right now. I totally get the value over need sentiment, but they better have the guy graded waaaaay ahead of everybody else for me to think another OL at this point is a good pick.

13. Elmgrovegnome Well-Known Member

A center is on my list a few pages back.

14. STLINI New Member

Would anybody be shocked with a RB? Not that I want it, but if Hyde is still sitting there when we pick, that'd make a heck of a punch with Stacy.

15. STLINI New Member

So do you guys just not think Jones is our future C?

16. -X- Not into the whole brevity thing.

Counting on it.

17. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

God just sign Tebow and run the triple option already.

fancents86 likes this.
  18. Ramhusker Well-Known Member Pit Boss

I can't help but feel Greg Reid is our Lamarcus Joyner, very similar in size. He may be better, rusty, but better. I like the idea of drafting Jean-Baptiste and turning him into a big Safety but he could play a little CB. Drafting another OL, especially like Bitonio or Su'a Filo is insurance for now and a move towards the future because we don't know what Barksdale may cost us next season and we don't know for sure if Long is going to be 100%.

19. Boffo97 Well-Known Member

A guy named Savage has to be a Macho Man!

20. Elmgrovegnome Well-Known Member

I don't at this point no. Once I see him on the field playing well then I will.