Who do you think will be the Rams top pick?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
My wish, trade back, take Flowers or Collins....If we take a OG convert at 10 my head will burst...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Cooper and Mariota will be gone, as will White IMO.

Rams will take Scherff. If he is off the board they slide down and take Flowers or Collins.

Right off the top that will alleviate a lot of pressure on the OL position group.

Oh and Snead is gonna focus the position I think with another couple guys the rest of the way.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Somebody will trade up. One of them will go to Raiders. Then somebody will trade up for other. All the nfl people say that. They say the only reason they mock him to us is because they don't mock trades and don't know who is going to trade up

Then you also have the idea that the value on WRs is not what it used to be.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Get your heads around it now .....

flowers-for-her.jpg

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
If we dont get Cooper or White in the 1st, and by some miracle DGB is still available when we pick in the 2nd round(highly doubt it), I'd turn in the card and pick him faster than he runs the 40.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'd say the value on WRs is great, especially in years were the crop in bountiful in talent like last year and again this year.

I mean for using a high pick on them. Teams let them move on in free agency often enough and the emphasis at the top of round 1 still continues to be OT/DE/DT/QB. Sure a great WR is still valued but it isn't like the last years crop all went 1-10. They were spread through rounds 1-3.

Then add in that New England and Seattle were in the Super Bowl without great receiving options and you see Green Bay getting it done without that all star receiver. I really don't think everyone sees a great No.1 receiver being as necessary as they did a few years ago. Guys like Mike Wallace get traded.....Dez Bryant, Michael Crabtree, Vince Jackson, Brandon Marshall, Mike Wallace. etc being allowed to walk in free agency or trades. Teams don't see that position as a must have. There are other positions that affect the game more than a superstar WR. Teams are getting by with good receivers. That is probably because of spreading the game out and passing to more than one target. Years ago a stud receiver was a main cog on the offense. It was QB Rb FB TE and 2 receivers. Now the 4 WR sets are much more common.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm thinking the two best WR's are gone by 10, and we Trade down and take either La'el Collins, Cameron Erving, or Erek Flowers!

Athos

Legend
I mean for using a high pick on them. Teams let them move on in free agency often enough and the emphasis at the top of round 1 still continues to be OT/DE/DT/QB. Sure a great WR is still valued but it isn't like the last years crop all went 1-10. They were spread through rounds 1-3.

Maybe not, but 8 WRs in the first 45 picks is quite a few.

Then add in that New England and Seattle were in the Super Bowl without great receiving options and you see Green Bay getting it done without that all star receiver.

It's nice having a franchise QB and a top D to get you over the hump, right? And a mean RB (GB and Hags) too. And I don't know why people continue to underrate Jordy Nelson. Yea, Rodgers is all-world, but Nelson is just below that upper echelon of WRs.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I see what you did there. And I approve of this message. He is my choice at this point (hopefully after a slight trade down that gets us an extra day 2 pick).

Flowers would make a lot of sense. Plug him right in at RT and then draft Tomlinson or equivalent for OG.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@lockdnram21 ....I'm a BPA kinda guy...we should trade back and take the best RT available...And I love White...But I love Gurley too...best RT...In my opinion that's Ereck Flowers...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Maybe not, but 8 WRs in the first 45 picks is quite a few.

It's nice having a franchise QB and a top D to get you over the hump, right? And a mean RB (GB and Hags) too. And I don't know why people continue to underrate Jordy Nelson. Yea, Rodgers is all-world, but Nelson is just below that upper echelon of WRs.

The last draft was loaded with good receivers. If a draft is loaded with DTs or OL then I expect a lot of them chosen early and often too.

Jordy Nelson is a good receiver. I don't discount him. It is just that top teams get it done without a dominant WR and when they are due big money they often let them walk. I think it tells us how teams feel about the position. Like I said when there were only two recievers on the field years ago it was more important to have some great ones but when teams have 4 and 5 on the field at a time it is not as important to have the dominant guy. Just having a bunch of pretty good ones is sufficient more cap friendly.

thehammer

Rookie
IMO only one olineman with a 1st rd grade and that is Scherff..his short shuttle time along with his elite tape/character make him an easy top 10 selection. Bad news his almost zero chance he will be there.

Collins had a brutal sparq score(25% range vs nfl olinemen) and is only 6'4 1/2 300 lbs with short arms...think Clemmings will be their pick if they are only looking at olinemen. Too much ego to draft another wr. Flowers was mocked to the rams by Casserly and also makes sense in a bad draft with only 10-12 players with 1st rd grades

if it was up to me I'd trade down maybe10 picks and choose between Peat, Clemmings, Fisher or Flowers..all about equal in value

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I don't know when or where they pick, but I think the Rams will come away with Scherff or La'el Collins in the first.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
IMO only one olineman with a 1st rd grade and that is Scherff..his short shuttle time along with his elite tape/character make him an easy top 10 selection. Bad news his almost zero chance he will be there.

Collins had a brutal sparq score(25% range vs nfl olinemen) and is only 6'4 1/2 300 lbs with short arms...think Clemmings will be their pick if they are only looking at olinemen. Too much ego to draft another wr. Flowers was mocked to the rams by Casserly and also makes sense in a bad draft with only 10-12 players with 1st rd grades

if it was up to me I'd trade down maybe10 picks and choose between Peat, Clemmings, Fisher or Flowers..all about equal in value
I'd be interested to hear your opinion on OG Mark Glowinski out of West Virginia, I've been Looking at him today!