Who do you think we should hire first? GM or HC?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Your preferred hiring model 1st GM or HC?

• GM: Football Czar

Votes: 22 91.7%
  • HC: Has full control & last say

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I prefer the GM to pick the groceries for the chef. Now the chef as a given has input but he needs to allow/trust the GM to do his thang & vice versa.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Although I believe the Rams will hire the Coach first, they went that way with Fisher so how about hiring the GM first, however, I don't think that will happen.

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
That's a tough question. There are many examples of both approaches succeeding...and many more of them both failing. Seems like to get a high-profile, proven HC, you have to give him a lot, if not total, control. Flip side is, who exactly are the candidates for GM? Rolling the dice on a junior exec from some other team seems riskier than the model we just tried. I dunno man, I just hope the Rams get it right this time. Return to L.A. new digs, and I ain't getting any younger. Would be nice to see a SB or 2 before I shuffle off this mortal coil...

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Although I believe the Rams will hire the Coach first, they went that way with Fisher so how about hiring the GM first, however, I don't think that will happen.

Sadly I think your right. Lets Hope Fn change really mean change this time!

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's a tough question. There are many examples of both approaches succeeding...and many more of them both failing. Seems like to get a high-profile, proven HC, you have to give him a lot, if not total, control. Flip side is, who exactly are the candidates for GM? Rolling the dice on a junior exec from some other team seems riskier than the model we just tried. I dunno man, I just hope the Rams get it right this time. Return to L.A. new digs, and I ain't getting any younger. Would be nice to see a SB or 2 before I shuffle off this mortal coil...

Ya no doubt, I have this weird football version of the movie notebook coming my way. My memory is shot and my wife is explaining to me the Rams finally win another SB LMAO

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
The Rams history show both approaches can work (and fail).

Vermeil was a smashing success as defacto GM. Getting Faulk for a song, drafting Pace then Holt, and signing the donut bros.

In contrast we have Fisher and his complete inability (or more likely an indifference) to address the woefully underperforming situation on the offensive side of the team. The players and strategy are like a thrown together mishmash.

Even more alarming failures were recent Ram GM's Devany and Zygmunt (sp?). They did such a lousy job that few, if any, coaches could have succeeded under them.

I certainly do not think a first time head coach should have GM responsibility.

If nothing else, the odds favor the Rams selecting a good GM and/or head coach since they have so completely blown it the three times since firing Martz.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I don't see Snead going anywhere free the season.Scouting is already in place.

From what U heard on reports that it was Fusher who wanted Jared Goff. Snead layed the ground work .

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Neither. I prefer to hire the HC first and then the GM with the HC's input. However, I do not want to give the HC final say over personnel if I can avoid it.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I have a feeling if Snead didn't get canned with Fisher they're willing to give him another shot to see if he can be a GM without the coach pulling his strings. I'm willing to give him a shot. Bring in a guy like Shanahan and let him work with Snead. Shanahan has input but Snead has the final say. He might be a pretty good judge of player talent without Fisher calling the shots.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Question. Kronke & Demoff find the HC we really need, however he doesn't seem enthused about working with Snead'? What then?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I voted HC, but I don't necessarily agree with giving him full control.

I only believe we need to go HC first, because the top choices will be interviewing and deciding quickly.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
For this^ reason I think it is possible Snead may stay, one more year anyway!

2 year contract. He is in bed a little with Demoff as well. I think he is loyal.

--Fisher had to go.

That said ...it also depends on who The Rams hire as The Head Coach ??? I think it could be Shannahan & Mike would work in front office along with Snead. Les is excellent at working the phones.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I've never liked the "If you want me to cook the food, let me pick the groceries" analogy.
A good cook relies on a good butcher.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Question. Kronke & Demoff find the HC we really need, however he doesn't seem enthused about working with Snead'? What then?

He better be or he can fuck off.

Many teams with fired HCs keep their GM (i.e., Atlanta).

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It can work both ways tbh. The interviews will be the same guys regardless of whether they bring in a GM first or not, too. And another thing to consider is hiring the GM first will eliminate the "rockstar" types immediately, which is why I am guessing they have not done it yet.

But once they move past those big name types to the coordinator group, then yes, we might see them bring in the GM first. At that point it's six one way half dozen the other.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see Snead going anywhere free the season.Scouting is already in place.

From what U heard on reports that it was Fusher who wanted Jared Goff. Snead layed the ground work .

Snead is gone. This is going to be a full house cleaning dudes.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Snead is gone. This is going to be a full house cleaning dudes.

Maybe ?? Why not Demoff ?? He is the real mistake. He has way to much power.
He has been with The Rams for way to long. He was the one who gave Fisher a huge 5 year contract & will eat 2 years of contract that he didn't have the Nades to announce both Snead & Fisher signing. Fisher says he didn't even know that Snead was resigned.