Who Do You Think Are The Rams First-Time Pro Bowl Candidates?(Poll)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which player do you think is most likely to make the Pro Bowl this season?

• Greg Zuerlein

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kenny Britt

• Rodger Saffold

• Michael Brockers

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • James Laurinaitis

• Tavon Austin

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Alec Ogletree

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Janoris Jenkins

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • T.J. McDonald

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Chris Long

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2015/8/19/9174977/2015-st-louis-rams-young-roster-pro-bowl-candidates

2015 St. Louis Rams: First-Time Pro Bowl Candidates
By Papa_Lurch@Papa_Lurch

usa-today-8394582.0.jpg

Kyle Terada-USA TODAY Sports

With a glut of high draft choices in the last four years, the Rams have had more opportunities to add premium talent via the draft than most - if not all - NFL teams. They have used that draft capital somewhat inefficiently at times, but it has netted them one of the youngest, most promising rosters in the NFL.

That investment is reflected in this countdown of the top 10 Rams players who could make their first Pro Bowl in the 2015 season. 60% of this list was drafted by Snisher and another (Britt) was brought in via free agency. It's a testament to the work that has been done to this once pitiful roster.

10. K Greg Zuerlein
The man of many nicknames in the clubhouse has always had the boot of a Pro Bowler, but his accuracy occasionally goes amiss. Every kicker has his hiccups, if he can rid himself of 'em he could easily make the Pro Bowl and earn a contract extension.

9. WR Kenny Britt
Britt has always had the talent, but injuries and poor QB play have gotten in his way. His ticket to the Pro Bowl lies in his ability form a bond with Nick Foles.

8. G Rodger Saffold
We all know the issue here. Fisher has backed Saffold as a Pro Bowl caliber guard in the past. But you can't earn the accolades - or help the team - while nursing injuries with the trainers.

7. DT Michael Brockers
I feel for Michael Brockers. He's the forgotten man amongst a horde of talented DL on the Rams. Fisher and Snead's first draft pick finds himself in a situation where he's not likely to earn accolades. You could go as far as saying he'd be 5th in the pecking order for Rams DL. But if he can sneak a few sacks in this season and continue to stuff the run, he's got a shot at a Pro Bowl.

6. LB James Laurinaitis
The Animal Jr. is a tackling machine. He's an iron man at a brutally demanding position and will be the QB of one of the best defenses in the NFL. If he can lead Gregg Williams' defense to success, he'll garner some Pro Bowl consideration.

5. WR Tavon Austin
At first I thought that I may have put Tavon too high on this list. But then I considered his return skills in addition to his role on offense. For all of his struggles as a WR, Tavon has proven to be a dynamic punt returner. While he may garner some love as an offensive playmaker, he has a better shot of making it as a returner.

4. LB Alec Ogletree
Alec Ogletree is going to shine under Gregg Williams. He is a do-it-all, sideline-to-sideline playmaker that is still far from reaching his potential. All he needs to do to get some serious Pro Bowl love is to continue his current progression.

3. CB Janoris Jenkins
JJ has always been somewhat of an enigma. He has the ability to be one of the best playmaking cornerbacks in the NFL. But he's also known to be a bit jumpy on double moves. He is in a contract year...and a motivated Jenkins could mean great things for the Rams - and his bank account.

2. S T.J. McDonald
I was skeptical of TJ Mac as soon as the Rams picked him. But a buddy of mine convinced me to open my eyes a bit and TJ hasn't disappointed since. For the 2nd half of the 2014 season, he was the highest rated safety according to PFF. Gregg Williams makes a habit out of molding safeties. TJ Mac is the latest beneficiary.

1. DE Chris Long
How has this man not made a Pro Bowl yet? He's been an alternate many times, but always been snubbed because of playing on a sub-par squad. Even if the Rams have success, he still may not get the love he deserves because the Rams D is now so talented. If he even sniffs 12 sacks, he should be a shoo-in on leadership ability alone.

~~~~~~~

Bottom line for a lot of these guys is team success. Fair or not, winning teams get more Pro Bowl love. With a winning record, I have no doubt that 4-5 of these fine gentleman will be in Honolulu when January rolls around.

PFaulk

Rookie
Name
Dan
I think Ogletree.

He's about twenty or so combined tackles in his first two seasons away from the echelon where guys make it just based on that. Plus he forces turnovers with fumbles and picks.

Alan

Legend
I picked Tavon because he might make it as a returner. I don't see much chance for any of the others to make it.

So with that prediction they'll all probably make it except Tavon.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ogletree. He was just a bit of consistency away from deserving it last year - and the reports indicate he's looked very good in camp. And somebody will have to take some of the credit when the Rams' defense is dominating this year. Although I suspect multiple players will make the Pro Bowl. And have to miss it, because they're playing in the Super Bowl.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I'm picking Jenkins. It's his contract year, and I think he may be more likely to win the popularity contest with people hopeful that he could play for their team.

Just like Sam Bradford suddenly becoming good once traded to an east coast team with a winning record.

Alan

Legend
"10. K Greg Zuerlein
The man of many nicknames in the clubhouse has always had the boot of a Pro Bowler, but his accuracy occasionally goes amiss. Every kicker has his hiccups, if he can rid himself of 'em he could easily make the Pro Bowl and earn a contract extension."

Let me just add that whether GZ makes the PB or not, he'll definitely be extended.