Who are you rooting for at RB?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Lesson said:
max said:
From what I saw last year DR is a liability as a pass receiver. Actually, DR is the most limited RB we have. Not big enough to pound it, poor pass blocking, and poor pass catching. That has got to make it a lot easier on defenses when he's in there. Really, a guy that small has got to be a better pass catcher, otherwise he nothing more than a change of pace guy.

I disagree about the pass catching aspect. Pass blocking I agree with, and from what I understand, Stacy is a stud in that regard.

I don't think Richardson's style is built for an every down type of role but more of a 3rd down RB type of guy if he improves his pass blocking.

Why do you disagree with the pass catching aspect? Have you seen or read something that shows he is a good pass receiver? Just asking.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I don't have a dog in this fight, I just want whats gonna be best for the team. I thought Richardson was ineffective last year when exposed to much. It appears that Pead is going to be the most versatile. Hope his pass blocking picks up. As mentioned by op I hate to see it become too predictable as to who is in in certain situations. They all need to pick it up in some area. Lots of camp left to sort it all out. Don't dismiss the possibility of bringing in a veteran who gets cut.

Lesson

Oh, really?
max said:
Why do you disagree with the pass catching aspect? Have you seen or read something that shows he is a good pass receiver? Just asking.

Just from what I remember seeing of him in terms of catching passes from the back field last season, he seemed to be alright catching passes.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Lesson said:
max said:

Just from what I remember seeing of him in terms of catching passes from the back field last season, he seemed to be alright catching passes.

Fair enough.

It will be interesting to see him in comparison to the others in the preseason.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
I am rooting for Stacy, DRich and Benny Cunningham.

I respect the potential Pead could bring and he may very well have the best upside of all our backs. But I still am iffy about his attitude. Of course I am rooting for his success too though. I love DRich's attitude, explosion, and one gear of "GO!". Cunningham has all the tools, and he is so willing to be the best he can be. If he can put the injury behind him he could have success in this league.

If I had to choose one, I am rooting for Stacy. I predict by the end of the season he will be taking the majority of carries. When we are up 20-17 with 4 mins left with the ball on our own 30, I want Stacy to be in pounding that rock and running the clock down. He is a short back who can hide behind olineman like Gore and Westbrook, and he is very compact with his strength and weight like MJD and Ray Rice. While he may not be as elusive as a guy like Rice, Stacy has good speed and is capable of mocking scat back at times (to go along with his power). And while he has dropped 1 or 2 in camp, his college tape shows he has best ball carrying skills on the team, I do not fear a fumble with Stacy as I do with Pead (atleast until we see them all in REAL games). Possibly being the best pass protector will certainly help his case for staying on the field in crucial situations as well.

lockdnram21

Legend
Im going benny cunningham or stacy as potential work horse and d rich or pead complementing them.

jap

Legend
nighttrain said:
Pead can run with the ball, and with out it. Termed an very good route runner with excellent hands. Sounds a bit like Faulk
train

He has been compared favorably to Marshall before he was drafted.

Lesson

Oh, really?
max said:
Lesson said:
max said:

Fair enough.

Indeed. As for your previous comment about pass blocking, I agree 100%. He showed that he needs to work on improving that aspect of his game. And from what it sounds like, Stacy might be the best RB on the team at pass blocking.

But yeah, it's definitely going to be interesting to see how all of the RBs perform in the preseason.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lesson said:
max said:
Lesson said:
max said:

Fair enough.

Indeed. As for your previous comment about pass blocking, I agree 100%. He showed that he needs to work on improving that aspect of his game.[hilite]And from what it sounds like, Stacy might be the best RB on the team at pass blocking.[/hilite]

But yeah, it's definitely going to be interesting to see how all of the RBs perform in the preseason.

This is the biggest factor in my mind...keep Sam safe and then set the run up with the pass!

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
SaneRamsFan said:
I don't have a dog in this fight, I just want whats gonna be best for the team. I thought Richardson was ineffective last year when exposed to much. It appears that Pead is going to be the most versatile. Hope his pass blocking picks up. As mentioned by op I hate to see it become too predictable as to who is in in certain situations. They all need to pick it up in some area. Lots of camp left to sort it all out. Don't dismiss the possibility of bringing in a veteran who gets cut.

Thank you! Some one else who is on board my predictability scare lol

bluecoconuts

Legend
I want to change up, but I would like to see Pead get the majority of the work between the 20 yard lines with Richardson being a change of pace guy. Stacy gets the majority of the work inside the 20's.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Dr.RamsFanCK said:
CoachO said:
I actually think you are going to see a true RB by committee approach. I realize that sounds like "coach speak" a lot of times. But from what I have seen at camp thus far, they all bring a different style and skillset to the offense, and no one has really set themselves apart yet.

The one guy who seems to be the forgotten man by most in here, is Ganaway. He is the only BIG back on the roster. And he shows a more complete skillset than given credit for. Am I saying he will be "the guy"? Not at all. But don't write him off just yet. He brings something to the mix that others don't.

He busted off a 15 yard run in the Redzone yesterday, taking and off tackle play, and getting to the edge, and outrunning the defender to the corner. He's not SLOW.

I see some type of rotation forming, with Richardson getting a series, then Stacy getting a series, with Pead settling in as the 3rd down back. Doubtful that they dress FOUR RBs on gameday, but having the option based on opponent of dressing Stacy or Ganaway will be interesting.

Noted...Ganaway will stay on my radar!! Any other camp observations on him besides that 15 yarder?

As the previous 4 pages have proven, NO ONE is even acknowledging Ganaway is still in the mix. Out of sight out of mind?

IMO, there is a reason they went out and got him last year the day he became available. They said then they liked him, would have drafted him if he was still there. He has been "in the system" as long as Richardson and Pead (excluding last years training camp).

Along with Stacy, he CAN pass block, and he is deceptive for a back his size. He may just be the most polished of the entire group. And he is 240 lbs. He catches the ball well. He is patient enough to let blocks develop in front of him. And he hits the hole when it is there. I think people get caught up in that he isn't as FAST as Richardson or Pead, but they aren't 240 lbs either. Do you really feel comfortable handing the ball off to Pead/Richardson when its 4th and Goal from the 1 and we need that TD to win/ice the game?

Like many of you have stated, I have no horse in this race, but I can tell you from what I have watched in the 4 practices they have had, Terrance Ganaway is getting just as much of a look as any one of the FOUR top backs. That includes Pead and Richardson, who are splitting all of the reps with the "1's", and sharing reps with Stacy with the "2's". So far, Cunningham is only getting reps with the "3's", splitting them with Chase Reynolds.

Before everyone think I am saying that Ganaway is my pick to end up being "the guy", I am not. All I am saying, don't forget about him when it comes to being just as big a piece of this "RB by committee" that they keep talking about.

jap

Legend
CoachO said:
Like many of you have stated, I have no horse in this race, but I can tell you from what I have watched in the 4 practices they have had, Terrance Ganaway is getting just as much of a look as any one of the FOUR top backs. That includes Pead and Richardson, who are splitting all of the reps with the "1's", and sharing reps with Stacy with the "2's". So far, Cunningham is only getting reps with the "3's", splitting them with Chase Reynolds.

That is all about our veteran coaches performing due diligence, an that is how hidden gems are discovered.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
Pead. If there's one cat who can be the complete package, he's it. Everyone else's ceiling to me looks like a lead to a committee. Pead's ceiling is to eliminate the committee all together.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
One thing we do know is that Peads draft position didn't win him any carries last year and if he doesn't win the job on the practice field it won't this year either.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Pead, Richardson, Cunningham, and Stacy. I'll root for all of them, like most of us will.

Slappy967

Starter
I would like to see something out of Ganaway this year and look forward to him getting a preseason rushing TD if for no other reason then the Jimmy Johns references.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
CoachO said:
As the previous 4 pages have proven, NO ONE is even acknowledging Ganaway is still in the mix. Out of sight out of mind?

IMO, there is a reason they went out and got him last year the day he became available.

But; there is also a reason the Rams traded their remaining picks to move up for Stacy. So, I don't think the Rams are sold on Ganaway.

Then again; I don't think until the games begin we know where these guys are at. Ganaway could be the man that emerges, particularly if he can block and protect the football. We just don't know right now.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
CGI_Ram said:
CoachO said:

IMO, there is a reason they went out and got him last year the day he became available.

But; there is also a reason the Rams traded their remaining picks to move up for Stacy. So, I don't think the Rams are sold on Ganaway.

Then again; I don't think until the games begin we know where these guys are at. Ganaway could be the man that emerges, particularly if he can block and protect the football. We just don't know right now.

My only point to Ganaway, is he is the only true BIG back on the roster. I get that Stacy isn't "small", but he is not 240 lbs, either.

Pead and Richardson are "scat" backs at 197 lbs. Even Cunningham is listed at 209. They list Stacy at 216, so if and when they need to "move the pile" and get that 4th and goal yard, who are you gonna decide on?

I am not saying that is the sole reason Ganaway is getting a look. But watching him, along with the other 4 guys, Cunningham included, they all are in the mix.

I just find it interesting that most people in here have already written Ganaway off, because they don't even remember he is here.