Who are you rooting for at RB?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Ok so we've gained some insight from a few days worth of camp....my questions for you is: Who is the RB you are rooting for now? Has that changed since the start of camp?

Me, I'm Rooting for Zac Stacy

Why:

From what I've heard thus far he seems to be one of the better pass blockers we currently have in the backfield....that is huge to me when I considering the type of offense we are developing (regardless of what Fisher says about run first :razzed: ) Add this to his style of running (my favorite btw) down hill and tuff, and you have my front runner. Reports indicate he looks way better in pads, lays the boom and if I'm not mistaken he busted a 30 plus yard run on Monday. That run has literally been the only long running play I can remember hearing about....if there are others someone who has the pleasure of going to Rams Park please let me know!

My old front runner:

Pead....he is physical....just the way I like it. However this could be trumped by his want to bounce outside and his pass blocking skills....not to mention the suspension. :huh:

So who's your favorite and has that changes since the start of camp?

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I actually think you are going to see a true RB by committee approach. I realize that sounds like "coach speak" a lot of times. But from what I have seen at camp thus far, they all bring a different style and skillset to the offense, and no one has really set themselves apart yet.

The one guy who seems to be the forgotten man by most in here, is Ganaway. He is the only BIG back on the roster. And he shows a more complete skillset than given credit for. Am I saying he will be "the guy"? Not at all. But don't write him off just yet. He brings something to the mix that others don't.

He busted off a 15 yard run in the Redzone yesterday, taking and off tackle play, and getting to the edge, and outrunning the defender to the corner. He's not SLOW.

I see some type of rotation forming, with Richardson getting a series, then Stacy getting a series, with Pead settling in as the 3rd down back. Doubtful that they dress FOUR RBs on gameday, but having the option based on opponent of dressing Stacy or Ganaway will be interesting.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Honestly not really impressed wirh anyone overall at this position.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rabid Ram said:

Cop out :yawn: Pick your favorite of the non impressive backs sir :cool:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Pead and Stacy in that order,I think we know DR is a keeper, I'd rather not have to hear the "wasted 2nd round and we shoulda kept that seventh round" carping about their draft cost.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
The thing that worries me is we have a bunch of backs that seem to be skilled in one are, I'll call em situational backs for now. This could be a huge tip to the D...for example...Rich equals quick run or no extra blocker....Stacy equals pass pro...that kinda thing....I'm not sure who the most complete back is yet...but that's who I would like to take the bulk of the load.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
CoachO said:
I actually think you are going to see a true RB by committee approach. I realize that sounds like "coach speak" a lot of times. But from what I have seen at camp thus far, they all bring a different style and skillset to the offense, and no one has really set themselves apart yet.

The one guy who seems to be the forgotten man by most in here, is Ganaway. He is the only BIG back on the roster. And he shows a more complete skillset than given credit for. Am I saying he will be "the guy"? Not at all. But don't write him off just yet. He brings something to the mix that others don't.

He busted off a 15 yard run in the Redzone yesterday, taking and off tackle play, and getting to the edge, and outrunning the defender to the corner. He's not SLOW.

I see some type of rotation forming, with Richardson getting a series, then Stacy getting a series, with Pead settling in as the 3rd down back. Doubtful that they dress FOUR RBs on gameday, but having the option based on opponent of dressing Stacy or Ganaway will be interesting.

Noted...Ganaway will stay on my radar!! Any other camp observations on him besides that 15 yarder?

Slappy967

Starter
I am going DRich and then Stacy as my picks. I feel DRich has the speed and absolutely no fear when running with the ball and Stacy is a damn wrecking ball with two legs.

iced

Pead, all the way. The kid had the talent to justify a 2nd round pick, and I can't wait to see him put it together. He's the only one in my opinion with the size, speed, and quickness to be an every down back while maintaining the threat of taking one to the house

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am rooting for them ALL!

Like others have said; I can't help but root for Pead to justify the selection. Like Thordaddy, I think Richardson is somewhat proven... so...

But, put me in the corner that likes what Stacy potentially brings... our own version of Ray Rice. I can't wait to see him run in Preseason.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Pead. All the way. If he can do for us, what he did @ Cincinnati, then we'll be set for a decade at the position. He's got a boatload of talent, vision, and elusiveness, and he just needs to put it all together in the bigs. I'm really pulling for this kid because I haven't seen anyone run like him since Marshall Faulk.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Benny Cunningham..Bigger than Pead & Richardson, faster than Stacy and everytime he scores a TD we can say... "Ram Bam Cunningham!"

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Rabid Ram said:

Yeah I tend to agree.

I'm rooting for Zac tho to be like a 15-20 carry/game type back. If Isaiah Pead works hard then great. We'll see this pre-season I guess.

Daryl Richardson is fine, and if he's the 3rd guy for a few plays for edge runs or RB screens then we'll be good.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I'd be fine with all succeeding and not leading to a clear #1, but I would like to see Cunningham earn a spot on the roster and be active on game days, Stacy molding into a bruiser type of a RB, Pead into a stud, and Richardson into a 3rd down RB.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm rooting for the competition to create improvement in each RB on our roster. Competition is undervalued in my opinion. Who have we had "pushing" SJ to improve throughout his time with us ?

Anyway.

I believe that the RB by committee approach is the wisest method in today's NFL. There are many reasons I believe this,,, but I will just say that we will no longer be handcuffed on offense when our lone NFL RB goes down for several games.

I really like D Rich... and his dreads are REAL. Unlike the old slow dude who now plays in ATL.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Whoever proves to be the best pass receiver in preseason. I hate having a RB with bad hands and no feel as a pass receiver.

Right now, I think the best guy is Pead, but I need to see more of the new guys, especially Cunningham.

From what I saw last year DR is a liability as a pass receiver. Actually, DR is the most limited RB we have. Not big enough to pound it, poor pass blocking, and poor pass catching. That has got to make it a lot easier on defenses when he's in there. Really, a guy that small has got to be a better pass catcher, otherwise he nothing more than a change of pace guy.

Lesson

Oh, really?
max said:
From what I saw last year DR is a liability as a pass receiver. Actually, DR is the most limited RB we have. Not big enough to pound it, poor pass blocking, and poor pass catching. That has got to make it a lot easier on defenses when he's in there. Really, a guy that small has got to be a better pass catcher, otherwise he nothing more than a change of pace guy.

I disagree about the pass catching aspect. Pass blocking I agree with, and from what I understand, Stacy is a stud in that regard.

I don't think Richardson's style is built for an every down type of role but more of a 3rd down RB type of guy if he improves his pass blocking.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:
I really like D Rich... and his dreads are REAL. Unlike the old slow dude who now plays in ATL.
OH SNAP!

5245109810_a2ac934a2c_z.jpg

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
den-the-coach said:
Benny Cunningham..Bigger than Pead & Richardson, faster than Stacy and everytime he scores a TD we can say... "Ram Bam Cunningham!"

:lmao: Ok you may have persuaded me to the dark side lol.....

nighttrain

Legend
Pead can run with the ball, and with out it. Termed an very good route runner with excellent hands. Sounds a bit like Faulk
train