Who are you keying on in this last preseason game?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
I want to see this game over with everyone getting out healthy. I'm good with the starters playing 1 or 2 series or not at all. Chiefs have already said they're not playing their starters. 4th game is a waste of time and money. Only ones it benefits are the 22 getting cut Friday so they have game film.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
The coaching staff I want to see if they adjusted to our offence not being able to score and move the ball much.And the oline is the only position that concerns me right now they need all the snaps they can get.

Alan

Legend
JUMAVA68 looking to see if we can make effective adjustments:
The coaching staff I want to see if they adjusted to our offence not being able to score and move the ball much.
I'd like to know we'll be capable of doing that too. I doubt you'll see that in a preseason game though because our coaches aren't interested in running plays that will be effective against the other team's D, they're interested in seeing how our players perform in the scripted plays they've decided on. Other than passing on 3rd and long I doubt we run any plays designed to just take advantage of what the other team's D gives us. They have a script and they'll stick to it. We'll have to wait until the real games start before we can answer your question. Probably.

Psycho_X

Legend
Like most people here I will be watching the o-line and hoping for no edge rushers to blow by our tackles without any resistance. And for the o-line as a whole to work together better. The young guys should be in there for a while at least. Luckily for us KC will probably not have the likes of Houston and Hali in for long if at all. Those two would be the ultimate test for the tackles up against an unfamiliar 3/4.

Also, seeing more of Mannion will be nice.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
I don't see any advantage to playing the starting OL against KC backup DL. If they'd play well would it be because it is against BUs? If they play poorly the OL confidence will drop even more.

V3

Hall of Fame
I don't see any advantage to playing the starting OL against KC backup DL. If they'd play well would it be because it is against BUs? If they play poorly the OL confidence will drop even more.
It's not about playing well against backups(though, they should). It's about getting them more snaps together so they develop chemistry. Our starters have among the lowest snaps in preseason compared to other starting O lineman. Fisher hasn't been playing them much compared to all the other teams. On top of that, he decided to switch a bunch of players around just last week.

Our starting OL needs the reps, whether it's against backups or starters.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The OL.
#1-ORG Cody Wichmann:bow:
#2-OLT Isaiah Battle:unsure:
#3-OLT Gerald Robinson-:notsure:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I will be focusing on some ribs! Tonight starts Reno's best in the west rib cookoff and working for a sponsor I will be sitting in the VIP area getting some sauce all up in my face!

Then I'll watch a replay and focus on the OL, the receivers if the run routes to get separation or if they're just excercising and lastly on Alec Ogletree. Tree is big play capable and he also can find himself out of position a lot and missing tackles.

Limey

Rookie
I want to see the OL and DL candidates (particularly Wichmann, Longacre and LTP) force the team to cut someone else rather than them. Other than that, would like to see Bryant make them keep him at S and Cam Lynch force his way onto the team in ST/backup LB.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'd like to know we'll be capable of doing that too. I doubt you'll see that in a preseason game though because our coaches aren't interested in running plays that will be effective against the other team's D, they're interested in seeing how our players perform in the scripted plays they've decided on. Other than passing on 3rd and long I doubt we run any plays designed to just take advantage of what the other team's D gives us. They have a script and they'll stick to it. We'll have to wait until the real games start before we can answer your question. Probably.
They may have a "Script" but do you think they will "scheme" the Chief's!?!

Big Willie

Starter
The starting OL in the spots they will play against Seattle. This includes whoever has won the center job and Saffold for a couple of plays. Quick playing, blocking, and catching passes. Givens on intermediate routes. Joyner in the slot. Backup CBs in press man coverage. Nick Fairly....is he still on the team? (Because he has been invisible.) Health, Health and more Health.

ram007

Starter
I will be chanting eastern tantra while starters play to help them get out of the game uninjured

manmaderam

The one and only
I wanna see the scrubs bring home the Govenor's Cup. But in all seriousness.

I'm going to watch the Oline and the Defensive Secondary.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gonna put a lot of focus on Battle, it would be nice to see him play well but we'll see. I'm actually hoping GRob gets a full half as unlikely as that is.

Alan

Legend
DaveFan'51 with a tough question:
They may have a "Script" but do you think they will "scheme" the Chief's!?!
I have a couple of thoughts about this, none of which are backed up by any actual knowledge. So in other words, business as usual. :LOL:
What's the best way to evaluate 2nd and 3rd string players? I think you want to keep it basic so that their performances are the result of their talent and not screwing up an assignment that they've only practiced a few days. Plus, the less thought involved the better. For vets and 1st stringers it might be different.

BTW, by "script" I mean they have certain plays they want to run in order to evaluate players. Both offensively and defensively. They will call those plays when it's down and distance appropriate regardless of what the other team might be doing defensively. But again, this is not my area of expertise (no math involved :LOL:) so I'm merely trying to use logic here.

So I'd say no, unless it fits into what they want to do anyway.

Last edited: