Who are you keying on in this last preseason game?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Anyone in particular you want to see shine so they make the final roster? I'd like to see Pead get the lion's share of the carries, because Watts can't play for the first month anyway. Would also like to see Mannion play the whole game, because we all know Davis has one foot out the door anyway. And finally, show me much more Matt Longacre & Trinca-Pasat.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Mannion. Alternatively, everyone who plays center.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What parts of Mannion's game are you going to be looking at? I mean, other than hoping he plays well, what exactly would you like to see? I'd like to see him sell the fake a few times, and I'd like to see him work the intermediate zones. See what kind of arm he has in terms of accuracy and placement.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The bubble guys & the main backups..LPT, Infedi, Brown, #50, Hagar, Cody Davis, Chase Reynolds, #51, Roberson, Marquez, Mo Alexander, Wichmann, Donnall,
And the starting O-Line with Foles for 2 full quarters

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Anyone in particular you want to see shine so they make the final roster? I'd like to see Pead get the lion's share of the carries, because Watts can't play for the first month anyway. Would also like to see Mannion play the whole game, because we all know Davis has one foot out the door anyway. And finally, show me much more Matt Longacre & Trinca-Pasat.
I think you've covered it pretty well -X-!
The only thing I would add is, I'd like to see a lot better Play in-the-Trenches, on both sides of the Ball!(y)

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Mannion. Alternatively, everyone who plays center.
Nailed it.

What parts of Mannion's game are you going to be looking at? I mean, other than hoping he plays well, what exactly would you like to see? I'd like to see him sell the fake a few times, and I'd like to see him work the intermediate zones. See what kind of arm he has in terms of accuracy and placement.
Just about everything you say, and I just wanna see him get a nice little groove going. The guy's made some nice passes but want to see if he can do that consistently, which he can't when he's running for his life or guys are otherwise just dropping everything that comes their way.

I wanna see him get into a nice groove, build a repertoire, go through his progressions, all that jolly good stuff. Really get to SEE him.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
The bubble guys & the main backups..LPT, Infedi, Brown, #50, Hagar, Cody Davis, Chase Reynolds, #51, Roberson, Marquez, Mo Alexander, Wichmann, Donnall,
And the starting O-Line with Foles for 2 full quarters

I think you nailed it, Champ.

The part about the starting OL with Foles for 2 full quarters, I mean.

Heaven knows they all will benefit from the snaps.

After that, I'm most interested in the play of the backup OL candidates.

In no particular order...

Jones
Rhaney (at OG)
Wichmann
Battle
Reynolds
Donnal

I'm really gonna focus on Wichmann when he's in there. I blew it when I skimmed my 2nd half recording, but multiple posters whom I respect on two different boards went out of their way to say nice things about this kid

I hope to see improved play from starters and backups alike on our "new" OL.

Most every other position group is looking kinda cut and dried. Except backup DL, that is.

Alan

Legend
-X- volunteering to make a specialized highlight video:
Pretty much everything. I'd like to see how he handles pressure and if he does sense it does he throw it away, does he try to run or does he throw into coverage. Is he accurate? But really everything. He's going to be working with the twos probably and going up against twos. It should be a good test for him. I'd like to see inklings of him being a good fallback option.

Snisher saw something in him to draft him when they did. I want to see if I can see why.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pretty much everything. I'd like to see how he handles pressure and if he does sense it does he throw it away, does he try to run or does he throw into coverage. Is he accurate? But really everything. He's going to be working with the twos probably and going up against twos. It should be a good test for him. I'd like to see inklings of him being a good fallback option.

Snisher saw something in him to draft him when they did. I want to see if I can see why.
Yeah. It'd be nice to know that we have a potential future starter worth grooming for once.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
OLine, I want to see Mo Alexander show he has game. And I wanna see y Trinca-Pasat was given the highest signing bonus

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
I really want to see what we have in Mannion. Not so much the results of the plays, but his command of the huddle, how he reads the defense, arm strength, footwork, etc. I think we found a diamond in the rough, and I'm excited to see what he does with the 1's. Also focusing on the O line, my main concern going into the regular season.

GO RAMS!!!!

iced

-Running backs
-OL play...both starters at depth, particularly Robinson at LT, the center, and guards for depth...would like to see Rhaney again at guard
-Mannion
-Battle between dunbar/ayers
-DT's and CB depth

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I want Malcolm Brown to prove that he can replace Chase Reynolds on special teams. Remember, we really only have Cunningham and Pead as runners in the Seattle game so far, and if one of them is injured...well, if Cunningham is injured...we're pretty screwed if we have only Reynolds to back us up.