Who are the FAs we need in your opinion?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hell, I'd consider giving up a late round pick for him if we could work out a new deal for him. He might not be a true #1 anymore, but in a McVay offense he could be just fine if we get another good receiver next to him like a Garcon. Redskins liked to spread it around.

Marshall's a big mouth me me me type guy. I honestly don't think he's a fit on a team with a young QB who they want to grow into a leadership role. They're gonna bring in passing game weapons, at least one. But I don't think it's gonna be a diva who can't consistently deliver on the field. Garcon is the fit, but of the two he's probably the one the Skins keep so it's still way too early to hone in on any of these guys.

That said, I would take a hard look at Alshon if Garcon's not available. I assume Pryor won't be leaving the Browns, they have a coach who is too smart for that. Alshon's off field issue might be a right place and time deal for the Rams to swoop in and get their new offensive mind a big playmaker.

Oh and Re: Trumaine for those assuming the Rams will let him walk, I would really like to hear what your plan is. Do you think Bouye gets to FA? Doubtful and if he does that dude is going to be paid some real big money. So will Tru. But that is what happens when you need a player, so hopefully the Rams sign him. Either way he's not getting out of town IMO, and he might well have his best season under Phillips so that's probably a good thing.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
Marshall's a big mouth me me me type guy. I honestly don't think he's a fit on a team with a young QB who they want to grow into a leadership role. They're gonna bring in passing game weapons, at least one. But I don't think it's gonna be a diva who can't consistently deliver on the field. Garcon is the fit, but of the two he's probably the one the Skins keep so it's still way too early to hone in on any of these guys.

That said, I would take a hard look at Alshon if Garcon's not available. I assume Pryor won't be leaving the Browns, they have a coach who is too smart for that. Alshon's off field issue might be a right place and time deal for the Rams to swoop in and get their new offensive mind a big playmaker.

Marshall isn't a me guy, but even if he was who cares. Dude is a baller. Not like this team doesn't have room for him on the WR depth chart. Every receiver is a Diva to a certain degree, don't understand why it's look at as a bad thing.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay

Oh and Re: Trumaine for those assuming the Rams will let him walk, I would really like to hear what your plan is. Do you think Bouye gets to FA? Doubtful and if he does that dude is going to be paid some real big money. So will Tru. But that is what happens when you need a player, so hopefully the Rams sign him. Either way he's not getting out of town IMO, and he might well have his best season under Phillips so that's probably a good thing.

Marshall has been a lot better in recent years as far as attitude goes, and I think he'd do well here. That's a fair assessment though. I do think you'll have a hard time finding a good WR who isn't a diva, especially through FA, so I'm not worried about that. I trust the staff to handle it.

Apparently this guy interviewed Ben Albright for TST article will be up there eventually.

View: https://twitter.com/FightOnTwist/status/820408679367262208

Later, Kendricks. Are the TEs in free agency even worth it though?

Also, that means we HAVE to find a starting LT. We don't have the option of draft and develop if we won't entertain him at tackle anymore.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Later, Kendricks. Are the TEs in free agency even worth it though?

Also, that means we HAVE to find a starting LT. We don't have the option of draft and develop if we won't entertain him at tackle anymore.

Gotta have someone to replace Greg. Wonder who it will be. Just don't throw money at a bad player.

Allbright might be blowing smoke. Hard to believe we'd make that decision before hiring an OL Coach.

Completely agree with both of you. I have a feeling when the article comes out he'll imply that he thinks we should do this but that it hasn't been decided fully yet. TST isn't known for their quality reporting.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I think a receiver set of Britt Garcon and Austin will look pretty nice, just need to add a stud receiving tight end.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Re-sign :

Tru Johnson
Greg Zuerlein
Dominique Easley

Add :

OLB - Nick Perry
DT - Abry Jones
C - J.C. Tretter
TE - Jack Doyle
WR - Alshon Jeffery

Sorry to quote my own post, but if Tru Johnson is indeed out of the picture, i'll put Morris Clairborne on the 'add' list. Should be far less money at that.

lockdnram21

Legend

He's not a #1 cb.... It would be foolish to pay him anything over 6-7.... I would rather draft a cb in the 2nd or take a chance on Claiborne... He has a injury history.... But when healthy he's far superior to Tru

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's not a #1 cb.... It would be foolish to pay him anything over 6-7.... I would rather draft a cb in the 2nd or take a chance on Claiborne... He has a injury history.... But when healthy he's far superior to Tru

Your argument illuminates the stupidity of choosing Tru over Jenks. For health alone they should have chosen Jackrabbit. But Tru was the guy they kept, he's long and very well designed for press, and I don't think playing so many off looks did him any favors. Wade will line him up on that wideout, in his face, with safeties over the top for the most part. The days of "give them the uncontested underneath stuff" are gone with him as DC, barring situations where we have a big lead.

Bouye is a better CB than Tru, and is a FA. But he is not going to get to market. Rams cannot afford to be the desperate team out there throwing crazy long term deals around to guys who aren't much better than Tru, and they have plenty of cap space. A one year lockup is not a perfect option, but it is an option. Far better than risking a long term contract for a guy who has that history of being dinged up.

IMO you keep Tru around, get a strong CB prospect early round 2, and you have enough for Wade to put things together. Joyner is also much maligned here but is far better than fans realize. They'd have two plus corners returning, and Gaines/Rook competing for that other outside spot. Just the way I see it man.

lockdnram21

Legend
Your argument illuminates the stupidity of choosing Tru over Jenks. For health alone they should have chosen Jackrabbit. But Tru was the guy they kept, he's long and very well designed for press, and I don't think playing so many off looks did him any favors. Wade will line him up on that wideout, in his face, with safeties over the top for the most part. .
I would give Claiborne a 1 year deal before I signed Tru to a ridiculous deal. I would be in favor of a 1 year deal with Tru long as its not over 10 mill