Who are the FAs we need in your opinion?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Pierre Garçon, JC Tretter are my top two FAs.

Outside obvious needs, I'd really consider paying up for Jamie Collins. I know it's not a massive need, but I think he'd do well in that SAM OLB role opposite Quinn, rushing the passer from time to time but also going with the TE in man when he runs a route. And he could even move inside to MLB in certain packages. Worth considering. We'd have to do a lot of research though because his effort is questioned a lot.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
OFFENSE

My top target for the offense is OG Zeitler with OG Lang as a backup option. My rationale is then draft a Center since you can get those guys midrounds. OL isn't perfect at that point, but Saffold at LT with competition behind him would be my approach for this year vice overpaying for lesser options like Whitworth so he can ride into the sunset with that big signing bonus. Then look at LT next year.

Wideout has to be addressed so I'd go get Garcon. He's a bit long in the tooth but is the vet we need to give us some production while serving as a role model for our young wideouts.

DEFENSE

Tag Trumaine and hope he has a huge season under Wade. I'm expecting CB to be a high probability in the draft in round 2, since the class looks nice and we need insurance for if Gaines isn't fully back to what he was.

My big FA target would be Melvin Ingram. I really like his game and don't think he was maximized in San Diego the way Phillips will. Another option is Zach Brown, but the question with him is whether he conveniently turned it on in his FA season or whether that was due to playing for Ryan. Regardless, LB is going to need to be addressed, and the direction is dependent on where Ogletree and Barron play. I know McVay said inside for both, but that's tbd in my opinion because I'm not sure Barron is best served there.

That's it for the bigger contract types. Of course they are going to need to sign some budget types particularly on defense to shake things up under the new DC and give him a look at some other options. But the truth here is that they can't address everything, so improvement from many of the young guys on the roster will be key for next year too, in order to allow for better play across all the positions.
Since we have a new HC from the Redskins I started there to look at some possible low to moderate priced UFA's the Rams could use. Veteran center John Sullivan could be brought in to back up Tim Barnes he should be very cheap. I would look hard @ Veteran WR Pierre Garcon who could also come in at a lower price than the Jeff Fisher player WR Kenny Britt.

On the OL I 'm going to focus on the LT position first. I would highly suggest that they find the cap $$ to entice long time veteran LT Andrew Whitworth to sign here instead of returning to the Bengal's or retiring. A real nice one yr contract for the 36 yr old should give our HC to find a long term cure to this open wound cuz GRob is not the answer enough is enough. OLT Riley Reiff is also getting some kind offers too he could be a long term answer for Goff.

If we fail on those two I going for young OLG prospect available. JC Tretter who started 7 games at center would make an excellent young left OG to fight it out with Jamon Brown who's in need of some grooming up before they can depend on him to be effective @ LG note; @jrry32 . If Jamon Brown catches on in 2017 then JC Tretter is a perfect long term answer to center Tim Barnes if he fails to improve. Rodger Saffold should not return to OLG again NEVER at his cost. If Snead fails on landing the 2 UFA LT then Saffold should be kept for the emergency starting LT. But he would be thrown into the mixer batter of LT prospect's involving ( Pace Murphy, Darrell Williams, Andrew Donnal & a rookie 2017 draft pick)

I not with the rest of our members here on drooling over the thought of Rob Quinn fitting in here in this new defense besides IMO he is a poor fit & trending downward fast in abilities due to wear & tear & long term health issues. I would be looking to trade him off FAST for a mid round pick & save the over 36 mil in cap funds the Rams will pay him the next 3 seasons. I would put a stop to that immediately & use it for a healthy perfect fit edge rusher for our new DC...34 OSLB Nick Perry from the Packers.

Last edited:

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
I'm thinking of backing people out of the box with Wr DeSean Jackson, who knows the system already and could help with the install as well as instant deep threat for Goff. And then if TJ walks I'm thinking.... either cb
Malcolm Butler or cb A.J. Bouye...

Go Rams....... ;)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pierre Garçon, JC Tretter are my top two FAs.

Outside obvious needs, I'd really consider paying up for Jamie Collins. I know it's not a massive need, but I think he'd do well in that SAM OLB role opposite Quinn, rushing the passer from time to time but also going with the TE in man when he runs a route. And he could even move inside to MLB in certain packages. Worth considering. We'd have to do a lot of research though because his effort is questioned a lot.
I don't like that New England basically gave away Collins or how he acted after the trade. Seems like one of those guys that's a cancer if things aren't going their way.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Re-sign :

Tru Johnson
Greg Zuerlein
Dominique Easley

Add :

OLB - Nick Perry
DT - Abry Jones
C - J.C. Tretter
TE - Jack Doyle
WR - Alshon Jeffery

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I don't like that New England basically gave away Collins or how he acted after the trade. Seems like one of those guys that's a cancer if things aren't going their way.

I think they had no interest in re-signing him at the price he'll get,
and basically got their comp pick a year early. Belichick and Patricia can get production out of almost anyone, so they don't need to pay guys like him. But yeah, there's some concern there.

I'd definitely do research into him. He's a very very talented player.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It depends on our scheme. In order, the guys I'm interested in at each position are (going to omit depth players):
WR
Alshon Jeffery
Pierre Garcon
Brandon Marshall (if cut)
Kenny Stills
Torrey Smith (if cut)
Markus Wheaton

OL (PBS)
Andrew Whitworth LT
Kevin Zeitler RG
Larry Warford RG
Ronald Leary LG
J.C. Tretter C
Chance Warmack LG

OL (ZBS)
J.C. Tretter C/OT/OG
Ronald Leary LG
T.J. Lang OG

OLB
DeMarcus Ware

CB
Johnathan Joseph (if cut)
Brandon Carr
Prince Amukamara
Captain Munnerlyn

I'm not sure about the DL because I don't know what Wade Phillips's plans are.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
A big play wr, center, depth at cb unless Gaines can finally develope into a starting corner .

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
FA money on offense... WR & OL is priority, then draft a DE and CB high and maybe a good mid round C prospect. Fill out depth positions like LB, DT, S with late round picks.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
I wouldn't mind Vernon Davis and Pierre Garcon. Both know the offense and VD would be a nice security blanket for Goff next year.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Let Britt walk.. Invest $ Wisely: Pryor_Jackson_Garcon

After McVay does a serious round of film review on the Rams WR's, I can't imagine how he wouldn't push for at least 1 new pass catcher in free agency.

If the Browns are silly enough to let him walk in Free Agency

addon.php

addon.php

Skins won't be resigning both
Garcon & Jackson at 30 years of age
addon.php

lockdnram21

Legend
He is going to make twice that easily on the open market as the best corner out there. No way is he cutting his salary in half. He will come down a little from his current 14.5 mil, but will get around Janoris money.
Who ever does that is stupid.... Will be waste of money

lockdnram21

Legend
It depends on our scheme. In order, the guys I'm interested in at each position are (going to omit depth players):
WR
Alshon Jeffery
Pierre Garcon
Kenny Stills
Torrey Smith (if cut)
Markus Wheaton

OL (PBS)
Andrew Whitworth LT
Kevin Zeitler RG
Larry Warford RG
Ronald Leary LG
J.C. Tretter C
Chance Warmack LG

OL (ZBS)
J.C. Tretter C/OT/OG
Ronald Leary LG
T.J. Lang OG

OLB
DeMarcus Ware

CB
Johnathan Joseph (if cut)
Brandon Carr
Prince Amukamara
Captain Munnerlyn

I'm not sure about the DL because I don't know what Wade Phillips's plans are.
I think Marshall is done

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Marshall is done

Some felt that way after 2014 in Chicago. I think he was a victim of bad QB play this year. I think he still has a couple productive years left in him. Would love to get him on a cheap deal.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Resign Britt had one of the best contested catch rates of all WRs last year him and Goff already have a rhythm going and go after Pryor. Get guard and center in FA draft 2 CB and a pass rusher in the draft. Honestly that's all we need

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Resign Britt had one of the best contested catch rates of all WRs last year him and Goff already have a rhythm going and go after Pryor. Get guard and center in FA draft 2 CB and a pass rusher in the draft. Honestly that's all we need
I would be ok with Britt and Pryor.
I like Pryor. Not sure why more people aren't talking about him.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay

Hell, I'd consider giving up a late round pick for him if we could work out a new deal for him. He might not be a true #1 anymore, but in a McVay offense he could be just fine if we get another good receiver next to him like a Garcon. Redskins liked to spread it around.