Who are the 6 to 8 players that Fisher is talking about?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Fisher said there are 6 to 8 players that they could take at #2. So if they trade down they will be targeting one of them.

Anyone think the list is different than this?
In no particular order...
Clowney
Robinson
Mack
Watkins
Matthews
Lewan
Donald
Evans

SierraRam

Recreational User
I think it means we're willing to trade back 8 spots for the RIGHT deal...

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I think you're right. Sounds like they are very willing to trade with Minny but not Detroit.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I think you're right. Sounds like they are very willing to trade with Minny but not Detroit.

I think at least one of those 8 will be there if we were to move down to 10. I still think 2 QBs go in the top 10 pushing one of those players to 10.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
While I personally like Donald, I would think Martin fills a better need w/ his versatillity. But I know Donald gets a hard look @ 13.......

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I dont think Martin will get past the giants at 12 from everything ive heard.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I'd revise that to 6 spots so they had a choice between two, but if Qb's start coming off the board it could be as many as 4 are there and a second trade down with a load to trade the 13 up to where we COULD have two picks in a row.
If we ended up with a top three tackle,Donald and some extras in the second round that would be nice but I STILL would think a first in next years draft would keep us able to make the value picks that culminate in dynasty.

fearsomefour

Legend
If we trade back to 8 what is the worst we could do?
Clowney, Mack, Robinson, Matthews, Watkins, Evans, Martin gone....what then?
Reach for Donald? Take a DB? Take Lewan?

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I dont think Martin will get past the giants at 12 from everything ive heard.

That's what I mean. Martin probably goes quicker than Donald and is "one of the 8" Fisher was eluding to. Of course Donald has been tied to the G-Men as well but I think they're a bit better set @ DT than DE. But he's a 3 technique and they're a team that uses that within their scheme.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
If we trade back to 8 what is the worst we could do?
Clowney, Mack, Robinson, Matthews, Watkins, Evans, Martin gone....what then?
Reach for Donald? Take a DB? Take Lewan?

IMO, it would be a mistake to exclude Marqise Lee from this list.

SierraRam

Recreational User
IMO, it would be a mistake to exclude Marqise Lee from this list.

Maybe not that high, but I don't think he makes it out of the first round. Without the injury, we'd be talking about the "Big 3 Receivers" (Watkins, Lee, Evans) and you can slot them in any order. Lee dominated before the injury! And as we're all aware, we passed on Keenan Allen due to injury concerns and got Quick instead... that worked out :(

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Maybe not that high, but I don't think he makes it out of the first round. Without the injury, we'd be talking about the "Big 3 Receivers" (Watkins, Lee, Evans) and you can slot them in any order. Lee dominated before the injury! And as we're all aware, we passed on Keenan Allen due to injury concerns and got Quick instead... that worked out :(
We got Quick the year before Allen came out.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Fisher said there are 6 to 8 players that they could take at #2. So if they trade down they will be targeting one of them.

Anyone think the list is different than this?
In no particular order...
Clowney
Robinson
Mack
Watkins
Matthews
Lewan
Donald
Evans

I believe those are most likely the 8 players the Rams would be targeting first. They are not going for a QB that high and I don't think all 8 of those would be considered at #2, just a subset of those and the others come in play based on where they might trade down to.

While I personally like Donald, I would think Martin fills a better need w/ his versatillity. But I know Donald gets a hard look @ 13.......
I really hope we land donald. At this point I want him more than anyone in the draft. I'm not saying I would take him with the number 2 pick tho.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Whoops - it still was a crappy pick. :confused:
Not yet he has only played 1.5 years with a starting caliber QB he still has good upside and the chance for good production in the next couple of years in his rookie contract. The jury is still out just like the other young WRs the Rams have.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think i'd rather draft Manziel than Lewan. Lewan looks like a top 10 bust IMO.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Not yet he has only played 1.5 years with a starting caliber QB he still has good upside and the chance for good production in the next couple of years in his rookie contract. The jury is still out just like the other young WRs the Rams have.

It's definitely still out on Quick: Slow to learn and rarely open - good QB or not. And yes, I hope he gets better, too.

Back to the original topic now...