Whitworth Once Again Nominated for Walter Payton MOY Award

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/12/la-rams-andrew-whitworth-nfl-walter-payton-award/

usatsi_13756541.jpg

Cameron DaSilva 2 hours ago
For the second year in a row, Andrew Whitworth has been nominated for the NFL Walter Payton Man of the Year Award. He didn’t wind up winning last year as a member of the Rams, but simply being nominated is an honor in itself.

The award is given to the player who displays leadership and strong character both in the community and on the field. Whitworth is an active member of the Los Angeles community, as evidenced by his work last season in wake of the tragic shooting in Thousand Oaks and the wildfires that impacted the area around the Rams’ facility.

“Every day, in cities and towns across America, NFL players give of themselves to make our communities better,” Roger Goodell said in a press release. “The 32 nominees for this year’s award are the best of the best and truly embody the spirit of Walter and his legacy of leaving the world better than he found it.”

Whitworth is in his 14th NFL season and is undoubtedly a leader in the Rams locker room. As the eldest player on the team, he’s taken younger teammates under his wing – especially the rookie offensive linemen.

The winner of the Walter Payton Man of the Year Award will be announced on Feb. 1 at the NFL Honors show, one night before the Super Bowl. He will receive a $250,000 donation to the charity of his choice, while each player nominated will receive a $50,000 donation to charity, as well.

:)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I wonder if he comes back? I think he might, if the team finishes hot. Seems to be healthy. Solid player.

If we win it all, he’s done.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He's really playing well now. Vs Seattle he was flinging dudes not kidding. Have to think if he does come back though that he will need a preseason, we can't afford for him to start slow for the first third or whatever.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Was Janoris Jermain Jenkins nominate too? Oops, that's another thread.
silly (1).gif

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watching that video I think he's back next year. He talks about how cool it would be to come out of the tunnel for the first game.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I wonder if he comes back? I think he might, if the team finishes hot. Seems to be healthy. Solid player.

If we win it all, he’s done.

I would hope he comes back..........this OL needs someone like him. A vet who knows all the tricks and can still play well is a great thing to have with all the young guys on this unit.