While shopping for a hand gun for my wife

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I bought a Ruger 38 Special LCR for my wife today after a couple of days of shopping around for the right one.( I bought the last one at the store I was in at the time) What amazed me is that every place I went here, the guns and ammo were picked over. It was shocking to see 9 out of 10 gun racks picked bare at Academy Sports. Virtually no ammo left at Wal Mart, Gander Mountain, Academy Sports and other gun shops around town. The recent tragic events and endless "chest beating" about coming gun control has kicked off a massive buying frenzy of guns and ammo. And it isn't limited to traditional retail either. I went online to buy ammo for new gun and half the sites are out of stock on all the popular calibers. I guess this is one way to stimulate the economy. I'd love to see the investment portfolios of these politicians and see how much gun and ammo producer stocks they own! I wish I owned some! WOW!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yep. Seeing that around here as well. I bought a pistol the other day and I was #232 in the NICS cue for Oregon at 10:00 am. Loading supplies are also hard to come by. You can buy most powders one pound at a time but good luck finding 8 pounders.

And I just love the "hazardous materials" fee that has been tacked on to virtually everything firearm related. The gov't rakes it in there too.

Good choice on the weapon bye the way - very sleak and reliable. Should be a great defense piece. No doubt preaching to the choir but get her out to shoot it regularly. It's fun anyway.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
"While shopping for a hand gun for my wife"

:lmao: I dunno why, but that title makes me chuckle. :lmao:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter