Which Rams running back will start this year?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_of_Old

Will it be Richardson? I see the Rams using Austin in the backfield on occasion.

A55VA6

Legend
My bet is on Richardson starting games, but I think it'll be a mixture of RB's throughout the game.

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
A55VA6 said:
My bet is on Richardson starting games, but I think it'll be a mixture of RB's throughout the game.

Agreed I think they Rams will become faster, more aerial, and will stretch the field. Does that sound a bit like the GSOT?

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Ram_of_Old said:
A55VA6 said:

Agreed I think they Rams will become faster, more aerial, and will stretch the field. Does that sound a bit like the GSOT?

No it sounds like a new era of Rams football!

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
Wow. I don't see DRich as the most talented back on the team at all. I think he greatly benefitted from the circumstances last year. Don't get me wrong, he did a nice job for the most part until he faded. He's an exciting player but without a doubt, Pead and Stacy have more talent.

Guys, I'm being honest in saying, Richardson will be lucky to make the team, at least lucky to get significant carries. The backs this year are Pead and Stacy. With a blend of either Cunningham, rich or gannaway. IMO the third back spot is between those guys and any one if them would be lucky to get more opportunity than pead did this year. That my prediction

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - I don't see DR as being the feature back. I have to think the two top candidates are Pead and Stacy with maybe Cunningham and DR getting their noses in the mix somehow. Tavon is just a wild card period as far as I can see. I think he'll be lined up all over the field but maybe not on as many snaps as we are all fantasizing about right now being a rookie and the fact that it would mean he would likely need to learn a shitload more than is expected of most rookies. Gannaway is going to need to show something besides sandwich making ability in order to crack the line-up. I could be very wrong AS USUAL.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
That's what I'm thinking too Stu. I have also been wrong many times before but that's what the depth chart looks like to me as well. That's also factoring in that Austin will get a few looks in the backfield. If Cunningham or Gannaway show anything, with their size, that may spell trouble for Richardson imo. I'm sure Pead will show more this camp and preseason though than he did being behind the curve. The guy has 4.3 speed and hands out of the backfield. Just needs to get some confidence this year.

tagfeet

UDFA
it's going to be a open competition which is nice! My guess is Stacey because he is a complete RB. (Run, pass block, and catch out of the backfield)

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I don't think there will be a starter, so to speak. I'd imagine with the variety of RBs on the roster (Fisher kept 4 last year) that the feature back will change week-to-week depending on opponent and situation.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I imagine it will be Pead and Stacy and I think they will be used much like Fisher used Chris Johnson and Lendale White were used.

Smash and Dash...except the Rams can Pass...

Smash, Dash, and Pass?

A55VA6

Legend
HitStick said:
I imagine it will be Pead and Stacy and I think they will be used much like Fisher used Chris Johnson and Lendale White were used.

Smash, Dash, and Pass?
My body is ready.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
The starter is going to depend on the opposition... I don't think there will be a #1 RB in this regime.

My reasoning? Well if they wanted to drop SJ39 back from being the 'feature' back to create a RB Committee approach, I can't see them promoting any of the guys on the roster as a feature back.

I'm a big supporter of the RB by committee, I wouldn't be surprised to see a rotational thing happening in the Rams back line... they're (the coaches) are going to see who works best together as duo's you may see on 2RB sets for instance Pead & Ganaway or Richardson & Stacy or on 3rd and inches - Ganaway and Stacy...

I know there's a lot of support for Stacy, but as I've said before, the coaching team must have liked Ganaway enough to keep him on the roster - especially when we've been fighting for cap space he's on a $2m+ contract with less than $100k guaranteed, I think he would have been cut before now if he was going to be....

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
HitStick said:

Smash, Dash, and Pass?

Great comparison. We have to look into Fischer's history in order to understand the dynamics at play. But good point; he now has a lot of toys in the passing game to play with that he has never had before.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The starter/feature back will be whoever can pick up the blitz.

I agree with the general theme; there will be more of a committee approach. But, I expect a feature back to emerge... likely Pead.

nighttrain

Legend
Isaiah Pead = Chris Johnson
Johnson is the last time Fisher used a top pick on a RB
CJ 5'11" 197 lbs
IP 5'11 200 lbs
Pead starts I think..
train

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think the idea of running back by committee is interesting. We will see.

ARE YOUR READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL? :bangin: :dancin: :nana:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Ram_of_Old said:
ARE YOUR READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL? :bangin: :dancin: :nana:

Its early May you big tease... :grr:

:razzed:

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I'm thinking Pead is going to get more time than the others but i may be wrong, I think hes going to go hard this year aswell because he has a chip on his shoulder from what i read about his situation last year.

After reading about that stuff he went thought I'm also a little worried because if it dosent go as he plans will he just give up? i really hope not but maybe thats why we grabbed another RB?

GAAAAAHHHH TO MUCH THINKING !!!! I WANT THIS DAMN SEASON TO START GAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! LOL :p

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Pead should step up and be the man this year. I think with Stacy as the backup runner. Richardson I think is too small to be a everyday back.