Which Ram player should be most excited about the incoming coaching staff?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
This might be a tougher question than you think after about 5 minutes of reflection.

Jared Goff. Stakes are highest here, no doubt.

Todd Gurley. Maybe now he can expect some running lanes. More passing targets, too? Return to the Pro Bowl?

Tavon Austin. THIS staff should give him a shot at finally reaching his potential.

GRob. Don't laugh. Kromer might be able to salvage his career. Literally.

Higbee/Kendricks. Finally a staff that understands and knows how to use the TE position as a major weapon.

Aaron Donald. He might be even more dominating with better scheming in Wade Phillips' D. I'm serious.

Alec Ogletree. Wouldn't surprise me if he took another step up to 1st team Pro Bowl level under Wade's D scheming.

Tru Johnson. There have been hints that TruJo will have a more substantial role in Wade's D. Hopefully, TruJo sticks around and becomes a Pro Bowler.

Mo Alexander. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Mo becomes a force in Wade's D.

Lots and lots of others must be excited, of course. Probably feels like the clouds have parted and the sunshine is now coming through to all players. But these were my guesses of the players that are most excited.

Would love to hear your comments.

The player probably least excited? I think that would be Tim Barnes. Lol.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I am more excited about the defense than offense. I would be excited to see Mo Alexander starting @ Wades Strong Safety. Trumaine Johnson would excel in the design of a Wade Phillips secondary. LB'er Alec Ogletree is no stranger to playing in a 34 defense as a Strong safety & ILB'er for 3 seasons @ UG. Wade had several supremely athletic linebacker's in Denver, Wade has one here in LA.

There's nothing in Robinson's NFL left Tackle career I would want to salvage. To name a few.... salvaging his Penalty Making Machine Brain to play on Sundays @ OLT. Another I would not want to salvage GRob's one consistent ability .....his Inconsistent OL performance.

Now If I found out McVay & Aaron Kromer have made the OFFICIAL decision to flush any thoughts of ever having GRob start, or back up the LT post again, then I would be excited on that thought alone. That would leave them with several options of planning......#1-moving GRob to compete with Jerome Brown at starting LG or the fall back role of swing reserve OG position. #2 -moving GRob to compete as the reserve to ORT Rob Havenstein.

These types of GRob plans, lower the risks & major problems that is associated with GRob as one of your 10 roster OL'ers. If GRob throws his sucker in the dirt on being removed from the starting LT post as I suspect he will ...I would be happy to just take the salary cap hit get rid of the stink & enjoy the extra OL roster spot opportunity for something good & finally move on:yess:.

Last edited:

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Lamarcus Joyner. He's a FS. I'm thinking Wade moves him there. Dude is a missile and needs to have the whole field in front of him. Maybe he could play a similar role as Stewart did in Denver's defense.

You guys remember Darian Stewart right? Smh

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
1. Higbee. McVay personally coached TEs even after he was elevated to OC in Washington. He has the ability to give Higs next-level knowledge and awareness in the scheme. That plus Higs' size and natural talent are a real nice mix that will have him dominating at this level IF he does the work.

2. Goff. For obvious reasons. I list him behind Higs, though, simply because his rise is going to need some more pieces around him starting at OL and WR.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This might be a tougher question than you think after about 5 minutes of reflection.

Jared Goff. Stakes are highest here, no doubt.

Todd Gurley. Maybe now he can expect some running lanes. More passing targets, too? Return to the Pro Bowl?

Tavon Austin. THIS staff should give him a shot at finally reaching his potential.

GRob. Don't laugh. Kromer might be able to salvage his career. Literally.

Higbee/Kendricks. Finally a staff that understands and knows how to use the TE position as a major weapon.

Aaron Donald. He might be even more dominating with better scheming in Wade Phillips' D. I'm serious.

Alec Ogletree. Wouldn't surprise me if he took another step up to 1st team Pro Bowl level under Wade's D scheming.

Tru Johnson. There have been hints that TruJo will have a more substantial role in Wade's D. Hopefully, TruJo sticks around and becomes a Pro Bowler.

Mo Alexander. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Mo becomes a force in Wade's D.

Lots and lots of others must be excited, of course. Probably feels like the clouds have parted and the sunshine is now coming through to all players. But these were my guesses of the players that are most excited.

Would love to hear your comments.

The player probably least excited? I think that would be Tim Barnes. Lol.
I think it's pretty obvious the Goff and Gurrrley should be really excited! But that being said. the Defensive secondary should be real excited to see how Phillips and company are going to use them, considering Wade's record in improving defensive production!!(y):snicker::banana::popcorn:

A55VA6

Legend
1. Jared Goff - An offensive scheme that fits Goff's ability. A plan is in place to make him successful. I'm hopeful.

2. Tavon Austin - We know the guy can get into the endzone. He has 23 TD's in 4 seasons, and probably should have around 30 if it weren't for penalties. I think McVay can do great things with him.

3. Greg Robinson - The hiring of Kromer, and McVay's emphasis on fundamentals and teaching should be great for him... it's up to him to learn and bring it onto the field.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
1. Jared Goff - An offensive scheme that fits Goff's ability. A plan is in place to make him successful. I'm hopeful.

2. Tavon Austin - We know the guy can get into the endzone. He has 23 TD's in 4 seasons, and probably should have around 30 if it weren't for penalties. I think McVay can do great things with him.

3. Greg Robinson - The hiring of Kromer, and McVay's emphasis on fundamentals and teaching should be great for him... it's up to him to learn and bring it onto the field.
Dumb-feckless Jeff Fisher trying to force that (Jared Goff/air raid offense) square peg into a round hole

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Johnny Hekker, ... because he'll get plenty of rest & relaxation as 1'st downs and TD's become the new norm. Just watch, he'll probably get fat on sunflower seeds and spiked gatorade.

Last edited:

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Johnny Hekker, ... because he'll get plenty of rest & relaxation as 1'st downs and TD's become the new norm. Just watch, he'll probably get fat on sunflower seeds and spiked gatorade.

I love your answer most of all, River. Lol.

May it be so.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Not sure....Depends on who's talent was underutilized the most....Could be Gurley...Could be G-Rob...could even be Tim Barnes...LOLOL...In my eyes the most talented player that under performed was Gurley...Followed by several lineman...then the wr's....

and yeah,

I'm talking about Quick.