Which QB package would you prefer in 2015?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which package do you want?

• A

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • B

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • C

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • D

Votes: 14 20.6%

• Total voters

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I am convinced Sam will be with the team in 2015. I also believe he will play at his current contract level, despite those who want him to take a pay cut. Why should he take a cut? Because he fears the Rams will cut him? Balderdash! If he gets cut, he will have a new team within two weeks. He may get less money elsewhere, but he gets to select the team he goes to (and I bet he selects one with a good OL.)He will play on a one year deal somewhere next year and get a huge paycheck in 2016.....he will have a record year for someone in 2015... Book it. (Not Peyton, Rodgers or Breese type numbers, but record numbers nonetheless)
As big of a Bradford supporter as I am, he cannot play here for his currently scheduled contract amount. It's way too much cap investment given his recent injury history.

And since he's going to be paid less no matter what, hopefully he'll choose to be paid less here. Not sure how many teams there are out there with good OLs and no QBs.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
As big of a Bradford supporter as I am, he cannot play here for his currently scheduled contract amount. It's way too much cap investment given his recent injury history.

And since he's going to be paid less no matter what, hopefully he'll choose to be paid less here. Not sure how many teams there are out there with good OLs and no QBs.

He'll play for less no doubt about it...One thing that has never been debated is that Sam is a team first guy. I'm really hoping he can catch a break when it comes to health in 2015. He deserves it and we as Ram fans deserve to see Bradford for a whole year.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Don't you think there's a reason that the NFL doesn't use that type of offense though? I've often wondered why the college offenses don't work in the NFL and it seems to me that they work in college is because there are physical mismatches. A QB can produce because he's more athletic than most of the other team's players.

At the NFL level though, that doesn't work.

Now, I'm not saying that something innovative or different can't come along and succeed but I don't think the NFL is averse to it either. So, I have to wonder why there aren't QB's running around all over the place. Every decade there is a QB who runs around and can throw and he's going to break the mold of what we think of QB's. But it never lasts.

I think NFL defenses are just too fast and physical to expose a QB to that kind of pounding and that kind of exertion. It's one thing to outrun guys in college who aren't as fast or as big, but the roles are reversed in the NFL.

One might say that Brian Kelly is running a so-called college offense in the NFL right now and opening the eyes of those who say or said it couldn't work. Then again, I'm not sure there really is a college or NFL offense, as both levels use each other's packages in some form or another. I guess the key difference is the offenses main focus.

Anyway, I still maintain that the traditional mindset of the NFL hierarchy is the root cause for the lack of innovation and success of these players. The league, media, and fans have made imaginary gods of the QBs where they can't be touched and have to have a long shelf life as the face of their franchises for years to come. That's the problem. Meanwhile, I thought the goal was to win the Super Bowl.

BTW, I still say that a lot of the most devastating hits these guys take are in the pocket trying to conform to that traditional drop back model (holding the ball too long). And by much bigger players (Linemen). Also, some of it is simply due to the overaggressiveness of the player not taking advantage of the rules meant to protect them. Russell Wilson can probably count on one hand, the number of times he's taken a flush hit while running/scrambling for his almost 700 yards this year. Why? Because he's smart enough to get rid of the freaking football or slide.

Ramathon

I wonder how on average it would be if the total number of running QBs actually given the opportunity to play in the league (AND to their strengths) matched the total number of traditional pocket passers who have been given said opportunity. Perhaps then, these guys wouldn't be considered exceptions and not the rule.

IMO, the exceptions are the guys who make it period (running or traditional dropback QBs) as there have been a buttload of the latter style who have been given FAR more opportunities yet have bombed, too. In fact, the failure rate may the same. And this with the traditional pocket passer not being asked to change his game like the running QB.

Mostly agree. What you say was particularly true in years gone by. But with the proliferation of so many 'spread' offense QB's in college these days, there are fewer and fewer true 'pocket' QB's coming out every year. And many of them have played that style starting in high school, so the adjustment to the NFL can be just as large for them as for a running QB.

Big Willie

Starter

We shall see.....

Big Willie

Starter
Eli will get cut after the year is over. I am on board with a Bradford and E Manning QB team for 1 year.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Bradford, Hill and draft Hogan or Hundley.
First 2 aren't bad. Though Hill might want $$$$$$$ if he plays well.
Hogan = a less athletic Tebow. Have you seen his windup? That won't work in the NFL. Sure a late round flyer on him, but that's about it.
Sure on Hundley. If they can get him in the second. I've watched almost every snap he's taken this year, at min. he's a year away from playing, maybe more. He does so much wrong.

reggae

First 2 aren't bad. Though Hill might want $$$$$$$ if he plays well.
Hogan = a less athletic Tebow. Have you seen his windup? That won't work in the NFL. Sure a late round flyer on him, but that's about it.
Sure on Hundley. If they can get him in the second. I've watched almost every snap he's taken this year, at min. he's a year away from playing, maybe more. He does so much wrong.
I think Hundley drops to the 2nd. But, Hogan is superior in every way to Tebow. And, I wouldn't draft a SEC QB for any reason ever!