Which QB package would you prefer in 2015?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which package do you want?

• A

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • B

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • C

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • D

Votes: 14 20.6%

• Total voters

Memphis Ram

Legend
Why do so many love running QB's when running QB's never sustain success and rarely win championships?

IMO, they never sustain success and rarely win championships because of the lack of creativity of NFL coaching staffs who don't play to their strengths and try to fit these square pegs into their round holes.

BTW, since it is a team sport, I can't recall too many running QBs that have had the luxury of playing on teams with strong defenses to help them sustain success and win championships.

moklerman

Warner-phile
IMO, they never sustain success and rarely win championships because of the lack of creativity of NFL coaching staffs who don't play to their strengths and try to fit these square pegs into their round holes.

BTW, since it is a team sport, I can't recall too many running QBs that have had the luxury of playing on teams with strong defenses to help them sustain success and win championships.
I suppose that's possible but I think it more of a case of running QB's relying on the run too much and hindering the passing game. Not to mention getting injured and losing whatever threat of the run they possessed pre-injury.

Exciting when healthy and at full speed but too often<cough>Kaepernick, RGIII, their limitations as a passer are quickly taken advantage of by NFL defenses. Keep 'em in the pocket, force 'em to throw, end of production.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I suppose that's possible but I think it more of a case of running QB's relying on the run too much and hindering the passing game. Not to mention getting injured and losing whatever threat of the run they possessed pre-injury.

Exciting when healthy and at full speed but too often<cough>Kaepernick, RGIII, their limitations as a passer are quickly taken advantage of by NFL defenses. Keep 'em in the pocket, force 'em to throw, end of production.

Kaepernick and RGIII are perfect examples. These guys get forced to stay in the pocket by their own teams. Both teams have taken guys who can make plays with their feet and have tried to make pocket passers out of them which is something they never were and rarely did were when they were having success. And many of the injuries come from sitting in the pocket too long trying to figure out what to do.

iced

Getting rid of Bradford would be stupid, imo. Most talented QB on the roster + knows the system.. I wouldn't bank on any of our back up qb's or a rookie next year to play at a higher level than him. That's not to say I'm opposed to drafting a QB - right now the only one I am interested in is Mariota and definitely want to steer away from Winston.

And to be honest I don't see Fisher getting rid of Bradford as long as he's coaching here - doesn't have time to reset with a new qb

Memphis Ram

Legend
Getting rid of Bradford would be stupid, imo. Most talented QB on the roster + knows the system.. I wouldn't bank on any of our back up qb's or a rookie next year to play at a higher level than him. That's not to say I'm opposed to drafting a QB - right now the only one I am interested in is Mariota and definitely want to steer away from Winston.

And to be honest I don't see Fisher getting rid of Bradford as long as he's coaching here - doesn't have time to reset with a new qb

But what if he doesn't want to redo his contract?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I disagree. He got by in college on God given talent and a simplified system. He can't read defenses, runs too soon, and isn't a hard worker.

Having the physical ability is one part, but to be a successful NFL QB brains and heart are also needed. That is why talented guys like Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell failed and why so few men are capable of playing QB in the NFL.

Brsides

The last one is the issue...gotta be a hard worker. If he's not willing to put the work in, he's no good to us. But you might be able to coach him up on the other two things. You never know. Steve Young looked like a bust in that mess in Tampa Bay.

The thing is that he has to put his ego aside and be willing to work his ass off to have any chance of turning his career around. I'm not sure he is willing.

iced

Don't know. But, what is the answer to my question?

If he refuses to take a pay cut? I wouldn't make a move until I have someone to replace him with... So that would be after the draft or Free Agency.

A bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
How is this better than Hill and Davis?
I don't see any benefit to this except maybe Glennon is younger.

Well it's just an opinion but I think Moore and Glennon are both upgrades over Hill and Davis. If there's someone better out there I'm all for it.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Bradford
Mariota, Winston, or Hundley
Hill, Davis, or another veteran QB

This^ Let Hundley learn from Bradford and if Sam's knee give way again the Rams will have a better Plan B(rett) in place.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
But what if he doesn't want to redo his contract?
I'd let him go(Bradford), but i'm not a HC who will be trying desperately to win in my fourth season. My guess would be that Fisher plans to keep Sam here in 2015 no matter what it costs...unless Snead comes up with a brilliant plan.

Memphis Ram

Legend
This^ Let Hundley learn from Bradford and if Sam's knee give way again the Rams will have a better Plan B(rett) in place.

Better plan B for the future, perhaps. Might even give those that disregard the bust rate at the position some restful nights for a while. But, 2015 might still be a bit sketchy.

BTW, while I would hope against hope that it wouldn't happen, methinks a Schottenhimer/Hundley combination would add to the bust rate.

iced

I'd let him go(Bradford), but i'm not a HC who will be trying desperately to win in my fourth season. My guess would be that Fisher plans to keep Sam here in 2015 no matter what it costs...unless Snead comes up with a brilliant plan.

agreed.. thats difference between my opinion @Memphis Ram and what I think will happen.

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
I think Bradford will be back under his current contract, he's not going to take a pay cut and I doubt the Rams will want to extend his contract until he shows he can stay healthy for a full year and they won't cut him because a healthy Bradford is going to be their best option. I think it's fine, they can free up plenty of cap space for free agency be making other moves.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
BTW, while I would hope against hope that it wouldn't happen, methinks a Schottenhimer/Hundley combination would add to the bust rate.

I was hoping for a new offensive coordinator...Rod Chudzinski would be my first choice, however, I could see Fisher going with current Browns QB Coach Dowell Loggains (Coached for him in Tennessee) if they make any change at all, but I concur if they stick with Schottenheimer a pure pocket passer would be a better match.

Memphis Ram

Legend
agreed.. thats difference between my opinion @Memphis Ram and what I think will happen.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I believe that Fisher and crew want Bradford back but won't be able to justify giving $16+ more million to someone that has missed 25 of the last 32 games without some incentives being met. Being the best option on paper means little.