Which QB package would you prefer in 2015?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which package do you want?

• A

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • B

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • C

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • D

Votes: 14 20.6%

• Total voters

StevenG-BR

Rookie
Four bundle packages. You can pick one...

Package A
-A first-round QB (Trade up for Winston/Mariota, stay put & take Hundley or whoever).
-FA veteran to either start the first few games, or serve as No.2 (Hill, Sanchez, Vick, McCoy, whoever. Hoyer in a best case scenario).
-A low-level player like Davis to be #3

Package B
-A high-pick QB we don't trade up for (Hundley, Cook, Mannion, Prescott)
-Bradford
-A lottery ticket--someone with great potential who shouldn't be too pricy (RG3, Locker, Manziel)

Package C
Same as B, except replace lottery ticket with more stable vet (Hill, Hoyer, Sanchez, Moore, Campbell)

Package D
-Bradford
-Veteran FA (Hill, Hoyer, Sanchez, etc.)
-late rd pick, or Davis

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I couldn't tell you at this point.

Obviously we would all prefer Sam be 100% first

The best QB in the draft second

Staying with a crippled Sam along with a vet backup and developmental guy in the wings third

But how can anyone really know at this point? We don't even know where the Rams draft. Maybe a few top Olinemen would be enough along with a small school Flacco type could be enough for a Super bowl run in 3-4 years.

Too much needs to unfold at this point for me.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I couldn't tell you at this point.

Obviously we would all prefer Sam be 100% first

The best QB in the draft second

Staying with a crippled Sam along with a vet backup and developmental guy in the wings third

But how can anyone really know at this point? We don't even know where the Rams draft. Maybe a few top Olinemen would be enough along with a small school Flacco type could be enough for a Super bowl run in 3-4 years.

Too much needs to unfold at this point for me.

If Sam is back, I think we need not one, but TWO fallback plans.

Combine Sam with a rookie like Cook, then bring in a veteran as the icing (Moore, Hill, Sanchez, whoever). I wouldn't mind RG3 being that third guy. Unpopular, I know, but they guy has so much freaking talent...let him sit and heal for two years, and give him a shot if the rookie fails.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
D

Trade for Glennon and keep Sam.

or

A

If we don't have to trade up for Winston or Mariota.(if they fall)

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I chose D even though I'm OK with any choice but A.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Unknown. I'd like to see Bradford back, but the fiscal part of me says not without something done with that contract.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Inexpensive Bradford, a high draft pick(first 3 rds) and an inexpensive vet.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Are you sure you're in the right thread?
Edit: He edited my quote of him! He's a witch! Burn him!
200.gif

OJM

UDFA
A. I'm tired of not having a great quarterback. Trade up and take a chance on Winston. The best thing for this team and Bradford is to go to another team. It's too much bad luck here. If Snead and Fisher go into 2015 with Sam as the starter, they should both be fired. I know you guys are sick of losing because we never have the most important part of our team. If we don't get that quarterback soon, all of these great young players will be gone anyway or out of their prime for some of the other guys.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm good with the Rams keeping Bradford around for his last year. Given the lack of quality in the FA market, it may be necessary.

The FA options are garbage. Glennon, Sanchez, Moore, all of them are mediocre and ensure the Rams will remain a .500 team if they are behind center.

Rams need to identify which QB they want in the draft, and then do what they have to do to ensure they get him. Our future QB is going to be drafted, it's the only hope we have. If it's Mariota, fine, move up and I can care less about giving up picks. QB trumps all other concerns and this roster is very good aside from that key position. If it's a guy who will end up going rounds 2-4 or whatever, maneuver your picks accordingly to ensure you get him, and remember other teams will have the Rams as a team to move ahead of to get a QB.

This year is going to be huge for Snead. He really needs to be on point to solve the Rams' QB concerns from the starter to depth. Oh and btw if I were Snead I would pay Martz as a consultant to help the Rams make the right choice of QB in this draft. Martz really knows QBs, and I would value his input highly.

Same goes for Fish too, btw. He needs to make the hard call and hire a proper OC so this team can start scoring some effin points. Doing that along with the restacking of the QB position makes a lot of sense.