Which QB has the highest floor?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
Before Monday night, many would argue that Keenum had the highest floor of all three QBs going into week one.

But after witnessing what occurred during week one against the 49ers, who would you say has the highest floor of our QBs?

Who would you say has the most potential or highest ceiling?

Lastly, who would you start week 2 against Seattle at home?

I personally would start Goff week 2 against Seattle so he can grow with the team and get those much needed reps in. In addition, I feel that he has the best chance at making the defense pay with his strong arm when opposing defenses have 8 people in the box ganging up on Gurley.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think Keenum has the higher floor, by a little bit..

Goff, by a very wide margin, has the higher ceiling.

I would start Keenum in Seattle... Dress Goff and if Keenum struggles, put Goff in.

Goff starts game 3 against Tampa.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

I would start Keenum in Seattle... Dress Goff and if Keenum struggles, put Goff in.

Start Goff on the road?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think IF! Keenum looks as bad in the 1st half of Sundays game, as he did Monday Night, Mannion is the "Next man up"! Fisher has already said He 's not putting Goff in, in a position to Fail!

BKBISTRO

UDFA
Highest floor: mannion
Highest ceiling: Goff
Start Mannion against Seattle.

However, fisher somehow has job security, so he will start keenum

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I think Keenum had the highest floor but he played at that floor...

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I've just painstakingly watched most of the game again, and I'm not sure I've seen much worse play from the Rams at all, on both sides of the ball tbh. From this game, unfortunately, I think Keenum cemented all of my fears from last season when Fisher said he was running as our #1 guy this season - IMO, his floor was low to start with, but I think on MNF he stepped into the basement to check on some things...

To me the player with the highest floor is currently Mannion, purely as he's had a year with the team, should know more of the offense than Goff etc. Fisher rode with Foles in the driving seat for too long last season, and we all knew the writing was on the wall for him, BEFORE Fisher admitted it. I know you can't judge a player from one game - but he (Keenum) has never been a lights out player, nothing more than serviceable in a Rams uniform.

Either let Goff play, and get him to 'own' the offence and learn as he goes, or hand the reigns to Mannion for 4 or so games and see what happens to the offense - I'm really fed up of all this poor offensive play and poor execution by the players. The Rams are masters at poor, boring, conservative offensive play calling and I'm fed up with it.

Floors (currently)
1. Mannion
2. Goff
3. Keenum

Ceilings
1. Goff
2. Mannion
3. Keenum

What irks me is that the eagles make Wentz look the real deal Game 1 - the Rams have yet shown us what Goff can do.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Keenum's floor is looking like it is at the basement level. Time to start playing the kids and see what they've got to offer.
Mannion is ready and Goff will be later this year so play them!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Game #2 is in LA no?
Why not start Goff then?

Athos

Legend
Keenum's floor is 6 feet under.

As in dead to me, not that he wasn't already, as a starting QB, which he isn't and never should have been cast as one, even as a spot starter.

Hill is better. Hell, Austin Davis is better.

Goff only has a somewhat lower floor THIS year as he's a rookie that will and should be allowed to make mistakes and grow. Easily the highest ceiling.

Basically, one should never start Keenum again if they don't have to.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Game #2 is in LA no?
Why not start Goff then?

Several reasons... I'm willing to give Keenum another chance... Not just to win, but to play very well.

I also think that had it been a normal year, then yeah I'd start him, but with relocation and it being the very first game back in LA, I don't want to put extra unnecessary pressure on Goff. Had he started in SF then it would be fine, but for his first game it's a little much... Plus against a Seattle team that is likely very hungry after last year... I think his two best chances to start was week 1, against a weak SF team (that made us look like chumps), and week 3 against Tampa Bay.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Several reasons... I'm willing to give Keenum another chance... Not just to win, but to play very well.

I also think that had it been a normal year, then yeah I'd start him, but with relocation and it being the very first game back in LA, I don't want to put extra unnecessary pressure on Goff. Had he started in SF then it would be fine, but for his first game it's a little much... Plus against a Seattle team that is likely very hungry after last year... I think his two best chances to start was week 1, against a weak SF team (that made us look like chumps), and week 3 against Tampa Bay.
Ok, I read that you wanted Keenum to start in Seattle, which isn't until December so I was confused

nighttrain

Legend
I think IF! Keenum looks as bad in the 1st half of Sundays game, as he did Monday Night, Mannion is the "Next man up"! Fisher has already said He 's not putting Goff in, in a position to Fail!

this will last one game, Mannion a backup
train

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
! Fisher has already said He 's not putting Goff in, in a position to Fail!

But that's B.S.
This false notion of not putting Goff in a position to fail but the rest of the 52 guys are afforded that luxury is insane strategy

cause what I saw out there Monday was a failure machine in prime time form

This idea of not playing, or allowing your 1st round pick to dress is an example of why Flusher must go.....he did the same exact thing of excluding franchise players and trying to protect them from failing or get hit with Gurley - and it's not good football. It's stupid fear-based coaching

Coach Flusher has got to go

Every move he's made has been an example of gross mismanagement -- there was nothing from Goff in the preseason to say he shouldn't be dressed let alone starting next game

Keenum, well the floor is so low he's turned Chinese

Goff is the #1 pick in the entire NFL for a reason - it's cause he has the highest ceiling.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I think this thread shows exactly what's wrong with the Rams QB position under the Fisher regime.

Why the heck does anyone care about the highest floor?

Somehow Rams fans have been brainwashed into thinking that "if only we can have a QB avoid losing the game, then our defense and RB is so good we can go better than 7-9!"

I'm sorry, but that's a loser philosophy from the get go. Floor does not matter. In every roster spot the philosophy should be highest ceiling, every player should be employed to help the team win -- not just "not lose".

This is especially true of the QB position, no other person on the field is so able to directly win a game. And somehow we've turned that unique opportunity for winning on its head and squandered it on being giddy over a QB that will "just suck the least"?

The better philosophy is you aim for the highest ceiling, and if the QB is having a bad floor day, THEN you count on your superior defense and elite RB to pick up the slack and win the game.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I think this thread shows exactly what's wrong with the Rams QB position under the Fisher regime.

Why the heck does anyone care about the highest floor?

Somehow Rams fans have been brainwashed into thinking that "if only we can have a QB avoid losing the game, then our defense and RB is so good we can go better than 7-9!"

I'm sorry, but that's a loser philosophy from the get go. Floor does not matter. In every roster spot the philosophy should be highest ceiling, every player should be employed to help the team win -- not just "not lose".

This is especially true of the QB position, no other person on the field is so able to directly win a game. And somehow we've turned that unique opportunity for winning on its head and squandered it on being giddy over a QB that will "just suck the least"?

The better philosophy is you aim for the highest ceiling, and if the QB is having a bad floor day, THEN you count on your superior defense and elite RB to pick up the slack and win the game.

Threadwinner. Great post.