Which position group still concerns you the most?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
It's the LB group for me, I think. I'm not convinced about Ogletree at MLB just yet. Barron just missed the Chief game for reasons unknown. And none of the reserves has exactly flashed. At least not yet.

CB has Gaines looking better. And a pretty deep bench in Roberson, Hill, Jordan, and Washington, among others.

Deep S has one of Alexander, Bryant, or Davis. Plus a Whitner is always a FA option, if deemed necessary.

As to WR? I'm comfortable with Britt, Austin, Cooper, Spruce, and any 2 of the remaining 8 candidates. Besides, they may choose to go with only 5. And I look for the TE's to get a ton of the targets this year, anyway. I mean, a ton. Quite a few for Gurley, as well.

So yeah, I think LB gives me the most uncertainty. Maybe somebody there steps up in these last 2 games? Sure hope so. We've gotta be able to consistently stop the run. And that Chief 13 minute top advantage has gotta come to a screeching halt.

Did I miss your most troubling area of concern? If so, let's hear about it.

…..

Legend
LBers for me too....our depth has had me concerned since last year. It doesn't appear to be getting any better. I'm also thinking that Ayers should be the depth, not the starter.

This is how bad it is.....at one point during the game we had that new kid Corey Littleton lined up with Jordon Lomax at LBer.. Jordon....freakin....LOMAX. really??? (I'm sure he was playing some sort of hybrid in Barrons role, but still..)

yes folks....for me its the LBers by a large margin.

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
I think you hit the nail on the head, with the DBs being a close second.

I'm not impressed with Ayers. I like Barron and Ogletree, but both have some serious question marks (Tree, moreso than Barron). They remain a bit unproven. I'm confident, in Barron repeating his performance, and confident too that Ogletree will at least be an overall upgrade at MLB, but it just seems to be the least solid position group.

As for the secondary, starting to feel confirmed that we should've kept Jenkins, even for that money, and let Tru walk. Tru just isn't a #1 corner from what I've seen. Good #2, so maybe if Gaines shows he can be the player he was, and they trust him enough to put him on the #1s, this could be solved. Tru could still prove me wrong, but I fear he won't. I think safety will be fine. As far as nickel and depth, Joyner and Troy Hill are probably are next best DBs, followed by Roberson, and then Coty. Coty's water-skiing defense of following his man rather than beating him to the spot is not going to cut it.

So maybe it is the secondary for me... don't know. It's close though.

Offense, it's kind of up in the air, but I like our o-line and depth there, our RBs are studs, QBs is a better room than it's been in a long long time, and same for TEs. WR is the other obviously weak position, but I like the potential we have there now, and I think when the right guys get in the rotation and get chemistry with whoever starts at QB, they'll surprise a lot of people. Maybe not the typical "breakout" years, but productive ones that will lead to bigger breakouts in the following season. Quick yardage ballparks: Britt 900, Tavon 500, Cooper 500, Spruce 400, Higbee 650, with other yardage from other receivers, TEs, and Running Backs.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
LB because Tree looks a bit lost and there is not much depth if any IMO.

We have options at DB and if the pass rush is good enough it can cover for the DBs to some degree.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
It's the LB group for me, I think. I'm not convinced about Ogletree at MLB just yet. Barron just missed the Chief game for reasons unknown. And none of the reserves has exactly flashed. At least not yet.

CB has Gaines looking better. And a pretty deep bench in Roberson, Hill, Jordan, and Washington, among others.

Deep S has one of Alexander, Bryant, or Davis. Plus a Whitner is always a FA option, if deemed necessary.

As to WR? I'm comfortable with Britt, Austin, Cooper, Spruce, and any 2 of the remaining 8 candidates. Besides, they may choose to go with only 5. And I look for the TE's to get a ton of the targets this year, anyway. I mean, a ton. Quite a few for Gurley, as well.

So yeah, I think LB gives me the most uncertainty. Maybe somebody there steps up in these last 2 games? Sure hope so. We've gotta be able to consistently stop the run. And that Chief 13 minute top advantage has gotta come to a screeching halt.

giphy.gif

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
The LB group hasn't been great but Barron hasn't even played I don't think and he makes a big difference I think.
Our safety group outside of TJ scares me. Not sure on Mo and I think Cody is a #3 at best.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I agree with it being the LBs, They haven't shown much so far in preseason.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It's QB for me.

That position will have more to do with our win / loss record than all of the others.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Definitely for me as well.

Just to clarify in my own mind, 123.

Let's assume we have a starting secondary on opening day of the following:

TruJo
Gaines
Joyner (slot)
TJM
Alexander

That unit gives you more concern than Tree at MLB and Barron ( who hasn't really played due to unknown reasons)?

Especially considering that there is obvious quality depth at CB, but none have yet stood out at LB, depth wise?

Do I have that right?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
CB. Sensenbaugh and Joyner have me concerned.
If Tru and/or Gaines goes down we are in trouble back there. Both these guys missed time last year.

Thank goodness for our front 7. They certainly take some of the pressure off our secondary, but we still need cb depth that can cover.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

TruJo
Gaines
Joyner (slot)
TJM
Alexander

That unit gives you more concern than Tree at MLB and Barron ( who hasn't really played due to unknown reasons)?

Especially considering that there is obvious quality depth at CB, but none have yet stood out at LB, depth wise?

Do I have that right?

Haha that's probs because I don't know football as well as you do. I honestly don't know the linebacker positions that well. And I guess we haven't seen too much of Gaines and TruJo in real action yet this season. But I feel like this secondary is "bend but don't break" type of thing right now. All in all, I just feel like the secondaries get exposed more often and offenses will easily exploit the weaknesses .

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Very thin at LB and WR. Injuries could be devastating at those positions.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member

TruJo
Gaines
Joyner (slot)
TJM
Alexander

Do I have that right?

Hopefully EJ picks up where he left off rookie season....and by mid-season we're asking: "Jenkins who"?

We KNOW the D Line will kill it.
If I had a choice between the DB's or LBs joining them as elite in the league I might prefer it being the secondary. (hell, it would be great if it were both).

The secondary has to prevent the big play, or the bend but don't break doesn't work.With a great secondary, and a great D-Line, I believe the margin for error and the maturation period for gelling is most forgiving with the LBs.

HellRam

Starter
My top 3 in order.

1. WR's - Outside of Britt and Tavon, we don't know what we have.

2. Secondary - Mostly due to the changes in 2 positions. Mcleod will be missed more then many expect.

3. O-Line - Their still young. They have looked good in preseason but haven't really been tested. Robinson must improve significantly.

LB's were close but even if Ogletree isn't good at MLB, not too much changes from last year. Neither was Laurinaitis for the most part.