Which players take the next step to elite status this year?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I know its hard to pick I hope theres so many that you can't count them on both hands but if your were putting money on it pick your top 3 players you think will explode onto the scene next year and become household names. here is my three most likely to.

1. TJ Mcdonald, Dude was straight up balling last year and at one point he was PFF's #1 rated SS I think he takes another step this year and gets noticed by everyone and makes the probowl.

2. Janoris Jenkins, I know a lot of people are down on him for giving up too many big plays but the reports from camp are that he is looking like a stud, this being his contract year and our nasty Dline is gonna put this guy in the conversation for the top 5 corners in the league this year. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he has more TDs than most of our WRs. He will be making the Hawaii trip with TJ.

3. Tavon Austin, Most of the experts are already labeling him as a bust and Austin has taken notice. He like Jenkins has been one of the stars so far this offseason I think its all starting to click for this guy and hes gonna be able to just go out there and ball like he did in college. He was thinking instead of playing the last two years and Schotty had no idea how to use him. With better QB play and a very tall Foles that can see over the line to get him the ball and a offensive cordinator that knows how to use him people will be comparing Austin to Antonio Brown by seasons end. Like the other two Tavon will be getting the probowl nod as a WR and punt returner. The only shitty thing is none of them will be able to make the trip to Hawaii because they will all be playing in the superbowl!:rockon::banana::cheers:

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
ut the reports from camp are that he is looking like a stud

Hasn't it been that way every year? As a rookie he was crowned "BPOF" (best player on the field). Every year he's given up 3-5 50+ yard TDs. I hope you're right, because he would put us over the top, but I refuse to get excited on him again.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hasn't it been that way every year? As a rookie he was crowned "BPOF" (best player on the field). Every year he's given up 3-5 50+ yard TDs. I hope you're right, because he would put us over the top, but I refuse to get excited on him again.

You would fuck up a wet dream wouldn't you?? here have a glass

368098-kool_aid_man_glass.jpg

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
This is such a misconception. Please tell me when he got beat deep last year. Because McLeod gave up the long TD to Sanders and Lloyd(as much as people wanna blame Jenkins on that, McLeod was supposed to provide deep help).

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm sliding my chips toward Tavon Austin.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
This is such a misconception. Please tell me when he got beat deep last year. Because McLeod gave up the long TD to Sanders and Lloyd(as much as people wanna blame Jenkins on that, McLeod was supposed to provide deep help).

So what exactly was Jenkins meant to be doing on the Lloyd TD? Because Lloyd was the only player on his half of the field. Just watch the guy go deep and cover no one?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We could REALLY use Quick taking a big leap forward this year. Hard to believe this is his 4th season.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
So what exactly was Jenkins meant to be doing on the Lloyd TD? Because Lloyd was the only player on his half of the field. Just watch the guy go deep and cover no one?

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zy5awRMfgDQ

He jumped the route, which he wasn't supposed to do. But McLeod screwed up where he was supposed to be on the field. But I'd like to know where the other four 50 yard touchdowns he gave up are.

DVontel

Rookie
I can see Gaines taking that step this season for you guys, even though he just completed his rookie season.
Big fan of him except when he plays against us.

fastcat

Pro Bowler

He jumped the route, which he wasn't supposed to do. But McLeod screwed up where he was supposed to be on the field. But I'd like to know where the other four 50 yard touchdowns he gave up are.

I can't recall exactly who beat jenkins but golden Taint beat him for 2 40+ yd tds but maybe that was 2 yrs ago. Anyway he does get beat deep and it seems like it's always right before half time

RamzFanz

Damnit
I know its hard to pick I hope theres so many that you can't count them on both hands but if your were putting money on it pick your top 3 players you think will explode onto the scene next year and become household names. here is my three most likely to.

1. TJ Mcdonald, Dude was straight up balling last year and at one point he was PFF's #1 rated SS I think he takes another step this year and gets noticed by everyone and makes the probowl.

2. Janoris Jenkins, I know a lot of people are down on him for giving up too many big plays but the reports from camp are that he is looking like a stud, this being his contract year and our nasty Dline is gonna put this guy in the conversation for the top 5 corners in the league this year. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he has more TDs than most of our WRs. He will be making the Hawaii trip with TJ.

3. Tavon Austin, Most of the experts are already labeling him as a bust and Austin has taken notice. He like Jenkins has been one of the stars so far this offseason I think its all starting to click for this guy and hes gonna be able to just go out there and ball like he did in college. He was thinking instead of playing the last two years and Schotty had no idea how to use him. With better QB play and a very tall Foles that can see over the line to get him the ball and a offensive cordinator that knows how to use him people will be comparing Austin to Antonio Brown by seasons end. Like the other two Tavon will be getting the probowl nod as a WR and punt returner. The only crappy thing is none of them will be able to make the trip to Hawaii because they will all be playing in the superbowl!:rockon::banana::cheers:

Elite is a title I give to the likes of Faulk and Bruce.

I could see some current Rams making that with respect to their position:

Quinn and Donald. That could be two HOF's right there, but it won't be this season because it takes a career to be considered elite.

Household names? Rams could be a household name. Rams D could be a household name. Players?

Maybe these with a lot of luck:

Foles - If he is as good as 2013, and lasts all season, that's damn good.

Gurley - Rookies that produce get rave reviews, and the dude IS a stud.

Quick - He's the long shot, but he could be a star under cover.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Man I love those uniforms. The high blue socks against that yellow. Luscious.

I give Jenkins credit on one thing; he hussled all the way to the end though.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'll go with:
On Offence- Tavon Austin
On Defense- TJ McDonald
They're My Best bets!!:D

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Britt - Great
Bailey - Great, the guy is going to be one if not Fole's favorite WR, he's just going to make plays over and over and over
Quinn - Elite
Donald - Elite
Brockers - Great - Elite, wont have the stats but people that know the game will know
McDonald - Great - Elite, another year
Olgeltree - Great
Mason - Great to Elite, I think getting Gurley playing time is going to be a really hard decision after Mason gets even better
Austin - Average, I just think he is too small and not good enough hands to make a huge impact other then PR
Pead - Very Very Good only because he will emerge as the third RB, People and defenses are going to be very surprised when he gets the ball, The defenses will be like WTF how many top RB's do these guys have after getting pounded all game. I know no one agrees with me but I've seen Pead run and the guy has the potential to be a really good RB. The Rams did not draft him in the second round for nothing. Don't write him off.
The Rams if played right by Cigs and health have the potential to have one of the most devastating running games ever. They have four RB's that can punish defenses hard all game long....IMHO