Which players step up big tonight for us?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
OFFENSE

Gonna go with an obvious one in Gurley first. 9ers will key on him and it won't matter because our OL is going to give him creases all over the joint.

Second choice is Higbee. It's a dumb bet to think a rookie TE can make an impact but I'm riding a Kool-Aid high that just won't be denied. They're gonna scheme him open and he's going to terrorize the whiners' LBs.

DEFENSE

Quinn is my top choice on defense. 9ers preps have been all about Donald, and Quinn is going to remind everyone who he is.

Second choice is Barron. Dude was a terror last year when he didn't know wtf he was doing. I expect him to be absolutely lights out in this game.

Psycho_X

Legend
I am looking forward to seeing how Tavon Austin will be used. After hearing Mike Groh talk about how Austin is a special player if used correctly I have high hopes we'll finally see a real NFL offense this season. The preseason has me worried but I am hoping they were just keeping it very, very bland because they are going to feature Austin and play him off of Gurley's attention the way we should have been last year.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
I'm probably going to have the closest eye on Boras' play calling.

On offense I definitely want to see the Mr. 42 Million unleashed. I also want to see G-Rob carry his preseason form into the regular season.

Defense all eyes are on the secondary. Lot of talent there, but we have to see how all the parts gel and if they play up to their capabilities.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Ya know what? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Case is gonna have a great game. I think it will be important for Fisher to show the league that we WILL have a passing game from here on out. Gurley, will do great, I expect more receptions by him ;)

On Defense... Quinn and Tree. Quinn will reassert himself and sack Gabbert twice, and Tree will keep Hyde corraled

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I was just talking about this. A buddy of mine and I always talk about a "what to look for" before every game.

Offense: Keenum and the coaching staff.....Are they going to throw the ball downfield and challenge the secondary? Or is it dink and dunk 7-9 bullcrap? Keenum needs to challenge the defense to loosen things up and give Gurley a chance to run.

Defense: Ogletree. Since the talk with Singletary, Tree has been scary. If that carries over watch out for this defense. This is Tree's first chance to take over and lead this defense. The players seem to feed off him. I want to see him step up and bring it early and often. If he does this defense could be scary good tonight.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Offense - Case Keenum. Please show us why Fisher thinks you are the guy and end a good portion of the conversation. Take care of the ball and let the opportunities happen while they are trying to deal with Gurley and the running game.

Defense - Alec Olgletree. Let the defense feed off of your energy and dedication to the new position. Make sure those guys are where they should be and what their assigments are tonight. I get the feeling we are going to see a different defense than what we saw last year.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Offense:
Keenum
Britt
Austin
Gurley

Defense:
Donald
Tru Johnson
Quinn
Hayes aka Mr Mermaid

A55VA6

Legend
Hopefully everyone comes out playing great. We need to start off 1-0 in the division.

Obviously, I expect Gurley and Donald to do what they do. If the 49ers go all out to stop Gurley, I sure hope Keenum and the WR's shred them.

I EXPECT Tavon to reach the end zone AT LEAST once tonight. Tavon is making some serious money now, and he's an explosive player. Give him the touches and he'll produce.

I'm also looking in the secondary. It appears that Sensabaugh will get the start opposite Tru. He looked awful in preseason, so it worries me a little bit. I want to see him step up and make sure no one gets into the end zone at his fault.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff. He is going to be really good at handing out water bottles to keep the players hydrated.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'll be watching our DB's as they may be the weakest link on D, ... I trust the front 6(7) to be just fine.

On O, i'll be taking a careful look at our TE's, both blocking and receptions. We need our OL to come out of this unscathed, while cutting way down on penalties, and if our receivers hold on to all the catchable balls thrown in their direction, we'll be OK.

jmo.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think the Oline is going to dominate and send a message to the rest of the league. 8 in the box isn't going to be enough to stop the Gurley express. Once they have pound the ball down the 9ers throats they can take their heart away with a couple of turn overs. 6 sacks, a defensive TD, and a TA punt return for a TD.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Goff. He is going to be really good at handing out water bottles to keep the players hydrated.

What position does this Goff guy play?__________"Did you guys see Dak and Wentz play yesterday"?

addon.php

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Brian Quick will shock us all and make a huge play tonight.

On defense, I look for Alexander to make a couple plays to show he belongs.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Offense
Greg Robinson...Everything starts behind the big LT.

Defense
Coty Sensabaugh allows yours truly to have one less scotch and proves Williams & Fisher were right all along.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
step up as in just generally have a good game, or someone under the radar play good?

in general:
offense - Tavon, excited to see what they have in store for him this year after all the talk this offseason

defense: Donald, an obvious choice but their interior line sucks so he should feast

under the radar:
offense - Grob, not a sexy position to talk about impacting the game but I think he'll hold his on on pass plays and dominate in the run game

defense - Tree, I know hes not really under the radar but hes still not a big name for most fans (before hard knocks anyway) but hes in a great position to look great today against this offense. The speed off their offense will really test him in getting the D set fast and correctly, and Chip's desire to run the ball will help showcase Tree's skills