Which offensive skill position is most important....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who ya got?

• Lance Kendricks

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Terrance Ganaway

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zac Stacy

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Isaiah Pead

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Daryl Richardson

• Tavon Austin

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Stedman Bailey

• Chris Givens

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Austin Pettis

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Brian Quick

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters

iced

For Success. I'm leaving Jared Cook off this list because of the rapport he has already developed with Bradford and has shown playmaking potential. Plus when you considered Schotty's background in New York when he had Dustin Keller,you know the tight end is a big part of passing game (plus bradford loves the TE).

So, with that said, which player do you think is the most critical piece to having a big jump in our offense...like what our defense did last year.

I'm going with Brian Quick. His size and speed is not common and he had to learn the whole route tree - i'm betting on this guy 'breaking out' this year because he appears to have the mental aspect down. This guy was a big time play maker in college, and with playmakers all around the offense (Austin, Cook, others TBD), I think Quick needs to have the biggest year at the flanker spot. I personally think he will lead the team in Touchdowns if he starts simply because he's so big and schotty loves the fade route.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm going with Kendricks, believe it or not. He's going to be crucial now in this offense. His ability to move in and out of the FB position and block down for these young RBs is going to be very valuable. And now that he has someone like Cook as a pure receiving threat down the seam, it's going to leave Kendricks as the odd-man out. The guy you put your WIL LB or one of your safeties on. I think he's going to get freed up a lot, and this is his 2nd year in the same system so he knows what he's doing now.

A55VA6

Legend
I'll go with Tavon. Matchup nightmare with his speed, incredible quickness and cut ability and of course, huge play ability. If the offense can't get going and he breaks a huge one.. it gains us so much momentum and confidence and can make the whole team better - and put points on the board in a hurry. He can play RB, WR, return kicks. He can change our team in so many ways.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
While I don't necessarily think BQ (my vote) will have the best season out of all of them statistically, if he comes on and becomes that big receiver who garners attention from defenses, he could be the biggest piece to the puzzle. I also like Tavon to vastly improve our return game along with being a threat any time he takes the field on offense.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
This is a hard one. Maybe you should consider changing the title to player instead of position btw. Idk, it kinda threw me off. Good thread though man.

All the choices made and reasoning behind them are very solid. Every player on this offense is going to have to contribute in order for success.

An obvious choice and rightfully so would be Austin. Simply because of his draft position. Also the fact that we moved up to get him says he should pretty much be an impact player right away. Who really knows how far along he is playbook/comfort wise yet. What he is learning right now compared to what he ran in WV is a pretty fucking giant leap. Not to mention he's learning 4 positions basically. I don't know what to expect from him right away. Will we even be able to use him to his full ability right away? How will we be using him btw? Will we be creative enough to reach his full potential? Excellent comment on him helping field position btw, and I agree wholeheartedly. That combined with Young GZ will be deadly.

Then there's Cook. He's been in the league for a while, but he's never been used like we're going to use him. He's also never been targeted or played as much as we're probably going to play him. He may take off soaring, but who knows. My guess is he'll have some growing pains.

My choice was Givens, but if I could choose 2, my other pick would be Pettis. The reason is simply because his experience with Sam already. Even if it's still not that much, it's more than the others (outside of Pettis.) He's shown he has what it takes to be a #1b #2a imo, and he'll need to pick up the slack while the team continues to find its identity. He'll also need to carry more than his share of the load on the outside, being as I still think Quick has a ways to go to become a every down threat.

Pettis is a good option as well, because he's the immediate takeover for Amendola on the inside. Sam needs players that can create quick separation inside at the LOS and get open, and their existing rapport helps tremendously. As Faulk would say it, he needs blankie #2. The reason he's not my pick is because we have Tavon and Bailey. Players he'll be sharing time with inside and outside in the beginning, and deservedly so. If Givens goes down, I don't think there's anyone that fills his role to the extent he does.

Our offense is very young, and while it may be the same "scheme" it's pretty much a different offense. A lot of new faces again for Sam to get comfortable throwing to. Any of the running backs are excellent picks too for obvious reasons. I think we have a solid stable of talent in the backfield though, so I'm not all that worried about tailback.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
RamFan503 said:
While I don't necessarily think BQ (my vote) will have the best season out of all of them statistically, if he comes on and becomes that big receiver who garners attention from defenses, he could be the biggest piece to the puzzle.

This was my logic too for voting BQ.

My 2nd choice would have been Austin, but Quick was drafted on potential... Austin was drafted based on proven talent.

In other words, I don't doubt Austin has an amazing year but the jury is still out on BQ.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
A55VA6 said:
I'll go with Tavon. Matchup nightmare with his speed, incredible quickness and cut ability and of course, huge play ability. If the offense can't get going and he breaks a huge one.. it gains us so much momentum and confidence and can make the whole team better - and put points on the board in a hurry. He can play RB, WR, return kicks. He can change our team in so many ways.

My vote and my feelings pretty much right there.

They made a deal to move up and draft him, he should make plays out of the gate. And I expect he will.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I picked Quick too. Only Quick, Pettis and Givens have any experience and we all know the problems 1st year WRs usually have. We already know that Pettis and Givens will play acceptably well. It's vital that our other wide out plays well too. I expect Austin to do many things at a high level but if the opposing D doesn't respect our #1 and #2 WRs we're going to have trouble.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
I mean, I'd probably go with Cook if he was on the list, I think he'll need to take that jump from good to great in order for the offense to have success. As is, I'll vote Givens.

iced

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Username said:
This is a hard one. Maybe you should consider changing the title to player instead of position btw. Idk, it kinda threw me off. Good thread though man.

I thought about that - but then everyone would be picking Bradford and/or Jake Long

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I went with Pead.

My thinking was a lack of a rushing attack will retard the offense almost as much as the new weapons at receiver will bolster the passing attack. Pead is the guy that needs to step up and become the guy. He needs to be a guy the opposing defenses have to pay attention to. If we cant run the ball Im not sure our offense will be all that improved.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I say Pettis... Austin and Bailey, they're still rookies and although I think they're going to make an impact right away (especially Austin), they're still rookies.. Givens and Quick should take steps forward, but Pettis is now the veteran guy, and early on in the season he's going to be looked upon to shoulder the load while the young guys get up to speed. If Pettis can step up and be the go-to guy early on in the season, then our team will have enough wins that when the offense begins to really click we'll be able to ride the additional boost into the playoffs.

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
To me....You forgot him off your list....

Sam Bradford....This team will go as far as he can take us. It all starts with him after the O-line in my opinion as far as the offense goes.