Which NFL teams will seek a franchise QB in 2014?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
So I'm just curious. If Sam Bradord has the exact same career (thus far) but has been playing for the Jags, Browns, or whoever, is he someone you'd look at and say man, I wish he was the Rams QB?

Now to be a more topical. I think the Rams do need to look at QBs in this years draft mainly because you really don't know how Bradford is going to come back from this injury.
Even if he's physically fine (though he won't ever be 100% again) you don't know how he'll be mentally. Protecting the knee may always be on his mind when he gets pressured, and it makes sense that it would. How could that not affect his play?

I'm not saying take a QB with the specific purpose of replacing Bradford, but it seems like a dumb move not to have a quality plan B in place if things don't work out.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

3 words to counter your last point RE level: Rams redzone offense.

nighttrain

Legend
So I'm just curious. If Sam Bradord has the exact same career (thus far) but has been playing for the Jags, Browns, or whoever, is he someone you'd look at and say man, I wish he was the Rams QB?

Now to be a more topical. I think the Rams do need to look at QBs in this years draft mainly because you really don't know how Bradford is going to come back from this injury.
Even if he's physically fine (though he won't ever be 100% again) you don't know how he'll be mentally. Protecting the knee may always be on his mind when he gets pressured, and it makes sense that it would. How could that not affect his play?

I'm not saying take a QB with the specific purpose of replacing Bradford, but it seems like a dumb move not to have a quality plan B in place if things don't work out.
like maybe draft a 3rd round QB with some decent stats and projectible? They are out there. 7th rounders and UDFA's wont get the job done
train

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Personally, I'd take Manion over Mariota. Mariota's main thing is he's safe. He doesn't throw picks. I just don't see him as an NFL QB. Manion on the other hand has NFL skills IMO.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Of course....and you can see what the team is like w/o Sam in there down inside the 5. It's almost like they freak out. It shouldn't take 4 downs to get a TD down so close to the goalline.

I don't like passing in the RZ...if it were me I'd just try running it in every time, but Sam made it work. More times than not and the team really misses that.