1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which NFL teams will seek a franchise QB in 2014?

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by -X-, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

Exactly what I said/was implying :bigup:

2. flv 

I looked at the last 2 years and not this year. Apologies for not making that clearer. In 2013 you could make a good case for him against the Cardinals. The win against the Jaguars was more about the Jaguars being poor than Bradford being the difference. The Texans and Colts games were blowouts where everything went our way.
    I liked Bradford's play 3 years ago in 2010 but i'm not sure how relevant his rookie season is to any decision about him for 2014. I'm only going back to 2011 because his 2013 season is prematurely over.
    Again, it's not my argument. I would be content with a healthy Bradford at $12M+ performing at his 2013 level but i'd certainly consider the alternatives.

3. BigRamFan Living the life Jimmy Buffett only sang about.

I knew you were. I did not intend the :cray: for you. That was directed at the author of the article. Sorry if it came across wrong.

4. nighttrain Well-Known Member

lame article, just my nickel
    train

5. MerlinJones Well-Known Member

So I'm just curious. If Sam Bradord has the exact same career (thus far) but has been playing for the Jags, Browns, or whoever, is he someone you'd look at and say man, I wish he was the Rams QB?

Now to be a more topical. I think the Rams do need to look at QBs in this years draft mainly because you really don't know how Bradford is going to come back from this injury.
    Even if he's physically fine (though he won't ever be 100% again) you don't know how he'll be mentally. Protecting the knee may always be on his mind when he gets pressured, and it makes sense that it would. How could that not affect his play?

I'm not saying take a QB with the specific purpose of replacing Bradford, but it seems like a dumb move not to have a quality plan B in place if things don't work out.

3 people like this.
  6. Angry Ram aka Captain RAmerica aka the OG Rammer

3 words to counter your last point RE level: Rams redzone offense.

7. nighttrain Well-Known Member

like maybe draft a 3rd round QB with some decent stats and projectible? They are out there. 7th rounders and UDFA's wont get the job done
    train

8. flv 

There were 5 components to the Rams redzone offense with Bradford this year. 1) Richardson as the RB; 2) Receivers catching the ball; 3) OL blocking; 4) The playcalling; 5) Bradford's performance. I think Bradford was the least of our problems.

9. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

It's cool it's my fault for misinterpreting your post.

10. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

Personally, I'd take Manion over Mariota. Mariota's main thing is he's safe. He doesn't throw picks. I just don't see him as an NFL QB. Manion on the other hand has NFL skills IMO.

11. Angry Ram aka Captain RAmerica aka the OG Rammer

Of course....and you can see what the team is like w/o Sam in there down inside the 5. It's almost like they freak out. It shouldn't take 4 downs to get a TD down so close to the goalline.

I don't like passing in the RZ...if it were me I'd just try running it in every time, but Sam made it work. More times than not and the team really misses that.

2 people like this.