Which loss was worse, Super Bowl 36 or 51?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For us and Super Bowl 36, it was the game we were massively favored to win. We had MAX Q, and a Lovie Cover 2 defense with Aneaes Williams. It was the most dominant team in Rams history, and yet we lost. Many (including me) think that Super Bowl was stolen from us. I can't even watch the tape of that Super Bowl, and I don't think I ever have. It's such a d@mn shame, because that team was SO good.

For the Falcon's fans, they lost a lead in a Super Bowl, like no one else. They got the Super Bowl 36 results, without the Super Bowl 34 consolation...Sucks to be them.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
51 is heartbreaking if looking at an overall comparison. Despite what happened, Martz was severely outcoached, letting his lust for the passing game get the best of him. This team easily would've shredded the Pats had we ran a different game plan

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
51 is heartbreaking if looking at an overall comparison. Despite what happened, Martz was severely outcoached, letting his lust for the passing game get the best of him. This team easily would've shredded the Pats had we ran a different game plan
Not a popular opinion in many circles, but I happen to agree with you.

Outcoached (notwithstanding the holding of Faulk, we still should have won with a little flexibility by Martz).

tempests

Hall of Fame
I would've found 51 worse if I were a Falcon fan. They had to have been so sure that game was in the bag.

36 was a choke too, but by halftime I knew the Rams were going to lose. They had played too many games like that under Martz.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Both pretty bad since I blame poor coaching decisions in both. Quinn, could of ran the ball twice with 4 minutes to go from the 20 and kick at worst a FG. 31-20 game over.

Martz could of ran Faulk more but chose not to. We never should of lost that game.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
For me SB 36, easily.

But... for non-Rams fans; 51 was a staggering collapse. This one will be talked about for a LONG time.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
SB 36 Crushed me, it took me a while to get over it and judging by my distaste for the Patriots, I'm still dealing with it. But even rooting against the Patriots is exhausting I feel like I did as a kid always rooting for Wile E. Coyote only to be foiled again & again by, well, that crazy bird.
giphy.gif

bnw

Pro Bowler

I must respectfully disagree. No game plan can overcome officiating that is determined to see a team lose. The fix was in from the beginning as the league office later proved by destroying the evidence of Spygate/Tapegate since proof of the taping of the Rams SB36 walkthrough would have been too great a scandal calling into question the integrity of the most wagered upon game of every year.

The officials, the league office, and even the sports media were in lockstep. The fix was in and the Rams and their fans were robbed.