Which current Ram OL backup is a future starter?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which backup OL has the best shot of starting someday?

• Andrew Donnal

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Darrell Williams

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Isaiah Battle

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Cody Wichmann

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Demetrius Rhaney

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Here are your options (in the poll). Let's hear opinions.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
On a team wanting to seriously compete for a Super Bowl? None of the above will ever cut it in my opinion, unfortunately.

Voted for Battle.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
I don't think i've seen enough of any of them to be able to say with any real certainty how good they will be.

I think the same can be said for most here.

On a team wanting to seriously compete for a Super Bowl? None of the above will ever cut it in my opinion.

Have to ask, what makes you think this? Do you really think you have seen enough of rookies such as Donnal, Wichman and Battle to be able to say this? Just seems like a sweeping statement given the amount of time these guys have been in the league...

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think i've seen enough of any of them to be able to say with any real certainty how good they will be.

I think the same can be said for most here.

A fair point, but based on general collegiate play and whatnot, opinions are at least interesting to converse about.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
A fair point, but based on general collegiate play and whatnot, opinions are at least interesting to converse about.
I agree, and probably should have elaborated further in my last post. I have seen both good and bad things in the short amount of time we have seen each of these guys on field. so i can totally see how any of them really could go either way. It all depends on how they develop, all of them being young guys. If i was to pick one, i'd likely go with Wichmann.

This is why i'm interested to hear OR's reasons behind his opinion. In no way am i trying to rag on anyone, just curious as to what motivates his opinion in this case, given that i disagree with it.

Last edited:

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I thought we released Battle?
We signed him to the practice squad, I know it's hard to believe given how much angst was had over him. You'd have thought he was already picked up and became a perennial Pro Bowler the way people wrung their hands over him.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
FWIW, I put Wichmann as my pick. Think he's just built to be a solid, mauling guard with strength and experience to work out well at this level.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
You have to hope Battle is considering what we gave up to get him. Wichmann has a good chance as he's already getting snaps as a backup so that's good for his development.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
You have to hope Battle is considering what we gave up to get him. Wichmann has a good chance as he's already getting snaps as a backup so that's good for his development.
Gave up? We gave up a 5th round pick in 2016. That's not much... in trade value a 5th in "next year's draft" is worth a 6th in "this year's." In effect, we gave up less for him than anyone on the list other than Rhaney.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
We can only vote for 1?
Yup. Which do you think is most likely to succeed as a starter? Love to hear your case for as many as you think in the discussion part of this whole shebang.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Fisher said yesterday that Darrell Williams is next man up at either Tackle position if Saffold can't go so i went with that guy.