Which 49er would you add to the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2014/10/9/6953285/rams-niners-roster-depth-chart

Rams-Niners: Pick a 49er...Any 49er...
By 3k@3k_ on Oct 9 2014

154302662.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Stephen Dunn

If you could add one 49er to the Rams' roster, who would it be?

Last week in looking at the Eagles' roster, I plucked Malcolm Jenkins to come in as safety. It felt a bit uncomfortable leaving so much offensive talent out though, so this week I'm picking one from the offense and one from the defense.

Offense
The Niners developed one of the better defenses in the league in the last couple of years, but the offense hasn't been unspectacular since Jim Harbaugh arrived. That's largely in part due to Colin Kaepernick who really took off last year, topping 3,000 yards passing, 500 yards running and 20 touchdowns. This year though, it's been a much rockier start. San Fran is 26th in passing yards per game, though they're still getting it down on the ground coming in 3rd in rushing yards per game.

Part of the reason they've been able to get to a 3-2 record despite the passing offense woes is the offensive line, so I'm grabbing Mike Iupati. The two-time Pro Bowler is just 27 and would give us, oh, just slightly better play at RG than Davin Joseph...so yeah. Please. (I would note that Iupati's contract is up this year, so if he tests the free market...this one might actually turn real in a year's time.)

Defense
The Niners run a 3-4, so I've got difficulty taking someone out of the front seven. Yes, that includes Patrick Willis who is starting to show signs of decline as he nears the 30-year-old wall. It also includes NaVorro Bowman who's younger, but is coming off of a major knee injury. I was inclined to go with Bowman at first, but like last week, the option to replace Rodney McLeod with a strong talent has me locked up.

Eric Reid is just 22 and notched his first Pro Bowl appearance in his rookie season. Plugging him at the back would free up T.J. McDonald a bit more and release the linebackers a bit. CB Tramaine Brock was an option here too, but the ability to replace Rodney McLeod with Reid was too much to pass up.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are, up to this moment, 170 comments in this TST thread by 3k, click the link and scroll to the bottom to read them.

My choice would be a younger version of Frank Gore but if we could trade today I would take C Daniel Kilgore because that's what we need most for the O-line.

On defense I would take Patrick Willis. If anyone says Craig Dahl they'll be banned a lot. :sneaky:

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Fuck Colon Kaeperdick. I would never watch another Rams game if I had to watch that doushbag skip around in a Rams uniform.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Craig Dahl

Baaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa

This is obviously a trick question... The correct answer is - I would never sign a fucking whiner.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Any 49er!? Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, and Ronnie Lott! ( You didn't specify Current or past!:D )

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
This is as sacrilegious and repugnant to me as if asking a Muslim which prophet would you prefer to replace Muhammad.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
He was already a Ram, but you obviously know that. I wanted him back the second I heard he left!! ( Ronnie Lott, once said Reynolds taught him how to practice, and study Film!! He show the 9ers how to win!)
Heartbreaking to this day
I was like 10 years old
That's when I learned Santa Claus wasn't real