Wheww.....missed Christchurch earthquakes by one hour

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Anonymous

Went back through town to review closed city center zone in morning. Flight was delayed but left before rumble. Spent an hour at Westfield Mall, Riccarton last night and now ceiling panels down and plate glass smashed. Liquefaction on east side has road flooding from water mains now. Sad since they've been working nights too to get water services back....now further setback. Redcliffs area hit hard with at least one house down....though cargo barricades kept roads clear. Pop down 100K with even more people to leave now.

bluecoconuts

Legend
You're in New Zealand? Are you working there or something?

Good thing there was nobody killed.

Anonymous

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Vacation. Now in Sydney. So much work to do in Christchurch. More small tremors today too.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
squeaky wheel said:
Vacation. Now in Sydney. So much work to do in Christchurch. More small tremors today too.
That's a terrible tragedy. I'm glad to hear your safe. My thoughts go out to the people down there.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
squeaky wheel said:
I hope u plan on going north, as Byron Bay is a must stop. And the best pie shop in the world is half way between Byron and Gold Coast, on the main highway... definitely a highlight.

Let me know how you go in Kings Cross :)

Anonymous

interference said:
squeaky wheel said:
I hope u plan on going north, as Byron Bay is a must stop. And the best pie shop in the world is half way between Byron and Gold Coast, on the main highway... definitely a highlight.

Let me know how you go in Kings Cross :)

Thanks but no KC for me. Generally hate crowds and downtown Sydney is crowds and I've had my fill here and in Auckland. BB sounds interesting but I've already been in places like that of late. Trying to get a last minute charter but that last minute and weather are conspiring against me. That pie shop does sounds interesting.....coconut creme perhaps..... :bign:

Anonymous

brokeu91 said:
squeaky wheel said:
That's a terrible tragedy. I'm glad to hear your safe. My thoughts go out to the people down there.

Thanks, it is bad and getting worse. More aftershocks each day which isn't unusual.....but what is distressing is that the aftershocks though small are still contributing to the damage of the infrastructure. Now the areas to be considered for abandonment is increasing as a result. It's a real mess with the odd seismicity to boot. Quite odd for this type of activity at these intervals which gives pause for professional and layman alike.