Whether you like it or not; Case Keenum sets Franchise record.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Keenum played a great game until the last two possessions congrats to him. We are not a top 5 D and I'm not sure why everyone thinks we are especially with the injuries we have right now. Sometimes you have to win a shoot out and we didn't.

The Rams are an average defense right now without a couple of starters out..........and it showed this week with 31 points and last week with 23 points. That's too many points to call the defense anything but average. Maybe not even that. They need to get their guys healthy.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Keenum played like a franchise QB. No matter how bad the defenses were, Keenum was carrying this team on his back. I appreciate what he brings to this team and the effort he is giving. Glad he finished with a record at the end of the day at least.

Yup. It sucks that they lost but he should be proud of how he played and proud of getting a record. I won't take that memory and achievment away from him. This isn't a HOF QB we're talking about so this is a meaningful thing to him I bet.

fearsomefour

Legend
The Lions Defense is pretty sorry. Keenum did a great job throwing to wide open WR's with solid protection most of the day and then had a brain fart when it mattered the most. Color me unimpressed.

If he has a 3 TD 300+ yard game consistently then I will concede he is playing well.
Well, in fairness to Keenum it is rather amazing that much more talented QBs with much more talent around them (Warner and Bulger) playing for a pass O guru did not do this. Those Ram teams played some bad Ds too.
It's one game.
Good job Case.

fearsomefour

Legend
I'd take Case's production today all year and be happy.

This D not so much. It's not elite, not top 5 - has it even been top 10 any season under Fisher? When healthy we have a good to great D line, mediocre linebackers overall, and this year a weak secondary.

We need secondary help and a better O line, followed by defensive depth. Going to be tough with next year's draft.

Mostly, I think we need better coaching (wish it were possible to trade owners/management).
Well, 84% completion percentage 5,100 yards, 48TD and 16 Int.....his stats today over a season would make him the best QB in the NFL, so I think we'd all be happy.
He had a great game. Doesn't mean he and the O can do it week after week or that Case can carry the O consistently. But, the guy can play in the NFL and be effective.
I do expect another good passing day vs the Giants by the way.
The. We will see after that.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can't deny he played well until crunch time . I'm waiting for X to show us a couple different angles of the interception. I could've swore there was a man running free that would've gained 20 yards . That throw into triple coverage wiped out a lot of his stellar play yesterday. 28 points still should've been enough for the win , but we are the Rams .mind-numbing

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Why wouldn't we like that record? Congrats, Case Keenum!!!
Put in Goff!
I want to here what Everett says about Case beating his record!?!(y);)Especially considering he had a good passing day doing it!!:D

Ram65

Legend
Yes, 19 completions against any NFL defense is very impressive. Very good job by Case. Close to the all time record in one game. Googling it I came up with Brunell with 22 in a row in one game.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2601255
Brunell sets NFL record with 22 straight completions
Sep 24, 2006

HOUSTON -- Washington quarterback Mark Brunell broke the NFL record for consecutive passes completed in one game when he connected on his first 22 passes Sunday against the Houston Texans.

The old record was held by Oakland's Rich Gannon, who completed 21 straight against Denver on Nov. 11, 2002.

Brunell, 36, found Santana Moss on 6-yard pass late in the third quarter for his 22nd completion of the game.

He finished 24-of-27 for 261 yards and a touchdown in the Redskins' 31-15 win.

Two plays later, Houston's Travis Johnson batted down a pass intended forBrandon Lloyd, Brunell's first incompletion.

Donovan McNabb holds the NFL record for most consecutive passes competed over a two-game span with 24. That was 10 straight Nov. 28, 2004, against the Giants and 14 in a row Dec. 5, 2004, against Green Bay.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Lions Defense is pretty sorry. Keenum did a great job throwing to wide open WR's with solid protection most of the day and then had a brain fart when it mattered the most. Color me unimpressed.

If he has a 3 TD 300+ yard game consistently then I will concede he is playing well.
I think, and it may be JMO, Keenum has showed the last two weeks he's getting their! He went 21 of 31 for 271 yards against the Bills, and 27 of 32 for 321 against the Lions, that's a total of 48 of 63 for 592 yards in that time Not too Shabby!!(y)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
And don't even try to say that Keenum sucked because of that int in desperation time, as it would have been a miracle if they could have made anything out of that last drive with little time and no timeouts left.:mrburns:
Not sucked....but definitely had time for at least a FG try...Plenty of time...timeouts too...and he throws a 2nd or 1st down pass into triple coverage??? Just a bummer...Seems like he would have easily moved the ball...instead he throws a wtf was that pass....Case - Casing....number one edict....do not lose the game QB.....all game great....last play....Case-Casing

I'm now thinking that DE has moved to the top of my '17 wish list. Hope a good one is there at our pick in the 2nd round.
Still corner for me...but DL should be high as well....BPA between CB & DL....in the first 2 rounds we have (2nd...and hopefully a 3rd for JJ or McLeod) No need to grab any offensive talent...unless it's a center...

Loved you post bruh...Agree with everything...

Are we as bad as we looked in coverage? Or is Williams and his scheme outdated? Only for the NFC West? Off coverage is killing us...

As far as Case....as a Case hater...gotta give respect...Dude was ballin...yeah still had some crucial 3 & outs (that one right after halftime)....and not sure why some have said we didn't have time to convert on that last drive....but we did....but I doubt we prepare for that type of game...hurry up offense is too complicated I guess...but a pick there...after such a great day...was a total bummer...and really, all the good was pretty much erased by a play that this guy was noted to NOT do....Turn the ball over...Like some have said, when the D is off, who's gonna pick them up??? Nobody? ....okay, def. not a complete team then...Cause defense has won probably 2 games this year...

Who knew we would draft and grab like 4 outside receivers in offseason and now Britt and Quick decide to play to their potential. Wish we could have drafted more defense knowing this...guess they needed a spark.
Britt & Quick only needed Groh...and targets...especially Britt....Quick played with confidence yesterday...He was not only catching, but trying to score...Playmaker transformation in front of our eyes...It looked like Britt & Quick were competing in trying to make plays...I had tears of joy watching them yesterday...Should be fun in England...

I keep thinking back to reports Gurley lost weight this offseason.
Usually, any type of significant weight loss is mostly water....which happens to be what muscle is primarily made of as well...You lose that much weight (20lbs?), you're going to lose muscle as well....Seems like he doesn't break as many tackles....but maybe I'm just reaching for straws...He looked pretty good in the first half yesterday...

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Keenum played one helluva game.

I'll leave it at that.

Congrats Case on a new Rams record!

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Well, okay. And this is at the effort to downplay Keenum's effort in order to further the newer, younger, better, higher drafted quarterback agenda.

Golden boy Carson Wentz didn't put up 28 points against that same defense just a week prior.

They weren't the only quarterback who couldn't match the might that is Case Keenum's arm, the Titans and Bears also put up fewer points ;)

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

You guys know who holds the completion percentage record for a regular season game don't you?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know Tannehill had himself a day last year.

ah yes. but i was thinking of the 20 pass minimum threshold.

regular season - kurt warner - 24 of 26

post season - tom brady - 26 of 28

both against the jags.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Not sucked....but definitely had time for at least a FG try...Plenty of time...timeouts too...and he throws a 2nd or 1st down pass into triple coverage??? Just a bummer...Seems like he would have easily moved the ball...instead he throws a wtf was that pass....Case - Casing....number one edict....do not lose the game QB.....all game great....last play....Case-Casing
It was a bummer and they used all of their timeouts trying to save the clock before the two minute warning so it was desperation time for sure. If Keenum had brought them back and won the game we then should just trade Goff as he would never see the field.:shocking:
But as it were, close but no cigar!