Where's Waldo (Bradford)?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Let's play a game. I thought this would be a quick way for those of us who think that Bradford is a poor deep ball passer [hil](over 20 yards)[/hil] to point him out in a blind study. I mean, if he's so bad, it should be easy to tell which one is him, right? I have 5 quarterback's stats below taken from ESPN Splits and they show all 5 of their deep throw accuracy percentages.

(in random order) Bradford, Brady, Manning (2010), Rodgers, Roethlisberger.
So ... which one is Bradford? (spoiler below, and don't cheat)

cfdee839a0bd43c6845ecc5.png

c98ae82648be4926897842b.png

e76b4b297e784ac0bcb94a9.png

e86516ff0a5f487c85000ee.png

ebdcd9ef61364a36896e3d7.png

1. Bradford
2. Brady
3. Rodgers
4. Manning (2010)
5. Roethlisberger
How did you do?

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I think I cheated since I follow you on Twitter. Looks like Bradford's 11-20 range is what really is hurting him. Every other QB is > 50%.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
iBruce said:
I think I cheated since I follow you on Twitter.
Yeah, I didn't think this one through. I should have started here first.

But ... were you surprised?

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Interesting stuff.

Bradford, from these stats, seems to really struggle from 11-20 and is not gerat from 20-30. Where Brady and Rodgers are pretty darn good. I'm actually surprised by that. I thought Bradford was really good in those areas. I also think, IMO those are the yardages he really needs to excel at.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
X said:
iBruce said:
I think I cheated since I follow you on Twitter.
Yeah, I didn't think this one through. I should have started here first.

But ... were you surprised?

Nope. I've known Bradford hasn't been the problem. Although I do think he needs to get it out quicker sometimes, that's just me being a fan who doesn't see what he sees on the field. Drops hurt his stock bad last year. Hope those are a thing of the past.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Is this for 2011 or 2010?

1. Bradford
2. Rodgers
3. Roethlisberger
4. Manning
5. Brady

Edit..I was kinda close. Dead wrong on Roethlisberger.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Angry Ram said:
Is this for 2011 or 2010?

1. Bradford
2. Rodgers
3. Roethlisberger
4. Manning
5. Brady

Edit..I was kinda close. Dead wrong on Roethlisberger.
It's all last year except for Manning who didn't play. So I put up his 2010 stats.

bluecoconuts

Legend
bwdenverram said:
Interesting stuff.

Bradford, from these stats, seems to really struggle from 11-20 and is not gerat from 20-30. Where Brady and Rodgers are pretty darn good. I'm actually surprised by that. I thought Bradford was really good in those areas. I also think, IMO those are the yardages he really needs to excel at.

That's where the receivers unable to shake coverage and make the catch in traffic really hurts him. Especially last year with Amendola out.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
bluecoconuts said:
bwdenverram said:
Interesting stuff.

That's where the receivers unable to shake coverage and make the catch in traffic really hurts him. Especially last year with Amendola out.

Very true Blue. Probably why Lloyd became his favorite target last year so quickly. Was one of the few that could get seperation. I think Givens has the ability but we'll see if it happens or not. I think we should just line up and have Givens run go routes all three downs :)

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I was able to pick him out, but I really don't give a rats ass about stats. Passing is situational. How many of those passes for any of the QB's were throw aways, dropped, bad routes by the receiver, rushed, being hit, etc? I say, and always will, that you have to watch an entire game to assess a QB in THAT game. That is just my opinion.

I know what you are doing and I get it, and it is fun. Fuck those bastards at the PD, they don't know shit and most of them are ignorant, and hard headed to boot. Bradford's body of work is not big enough yet to say who or what he is, or will be. Time will tell. I'll tell you one thing...he played a hell of a game against the Lions. If he keeps playing like that, he/we will be OK.