Where would Watkins rank in the Julio/Green draft?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
JP
Was just thinking about this the other day. Wanted to hear what some of you guys think.

Would you have taken Watkins ahead of either one of them? Just ahead of Julio? Or neither?

Not a knock on him either way, because obviously Julio and AJ are 2 of the top WRs in the NFL right now.

Any thoughts?

V3

Hall of Fame
This draft is very weak at the top in terms of elite talent. JJ and AJ were graded much higher than Watkins. I'm not sure where Watkins would fall in their draft but he'd definitely be drafted after them.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Was just thinking about this the other day. Wanted to hear what some of you guys think.

Would you have taken Watkins ahead of either one of them? Just ahead of Julio? Or neither?

Not a knock on him either way, because obviously Julio and AJ are 2 of the top WRs in the NFL right now.

Any thoughts?

I think Watkins is a great player but I am guessing most draft experts would had rated him a little below both Green & Jones.

Name
JP
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This draft is very weak at the top in terms of elite talent. JJ and AJ were graded much higher than Watkins. I'm not sure where Watkins would fall in their draft but he'd definitely be drafted after them.

What about Blackmon, would you put him ahead or behind. Strictly talent related, not including off the field issues.

Name
JP
I think Watkins is a great player but I am guessing most draft experts would had rated him a little below both Green & Jones.

That is what I was expecting to here. No shame in that, considering how good those 2 guys are.

RFIP

Due to being shorter you are probably correct but I will tell you right now his hands are better than both Jones and Green and he has better body control than Green for sure (who I love too).

duckhunter

Starter
Based on production, he's relatively right with them.
Based on skill set, a little behind Julio's speed/athleticism and AJ's athleticism/size.
Based on projection to the next level, probably behind a little.
Top ten-close depending the QB carnival which I have no idea who is even coming out. After last night's cracked egg by Evans, he has a little edge. He needs a BIG game against SC to consolidate his position at the top. If he puts up a 10 reception for 140 yds, not much doubt.

Still early.

Name
JP
I expect Watkins to have a big game, especially because OSU defense is not very good.

I'd take Jones, Green, Blackmon and Allen all above him if he was coming out with all 4 (assuming I don't know how much of an ass Blackmon is).

V3

Hall of Fame
What about Blackmon, would you put him ahead or behind. Strictly talent related, not including off the field issues.

I'll have to watch more videos on him. Just off of what I've seen, though, I'm guessing he'd be just a little ahead of Blackmon.

Name
JP
I'll have to watch more videos on him. Just off of what I've seen, though, I'm guessing he'd be just a little ahead of Blackmon.

I tend to agree here, and I was a huge Blackmon fan.

SC-Ram78

Rookie
Watkins will be a number 1 wr but I would guess if he came out in that draft then he would have be the 3rd wr taken in that draft behind Julio and aj

OhioRam

Rookie
Lol am sure a lot thought the same of Josh Gordon being behind Jones and AJ Green as well but that doe's not make them a better pro.
Right now I wound take Gordon Over Jones maybe not AJ Green..
Watkins is close to Josh gordon

RFIP

Lol am sure a lot thought the same of Josh Gordon being behind Jones and AJ Green as well but that doe's not make them a better pro.
Right now I wound take Gordon Over Jones maybe not AJ Green..
Watkins is close to Josh gordon

EXACTLY!