Where Oh Where Is Kent Sterling When You Need Him?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I don't get it. He was having what would have been a really good season before he got injured and at a time when our offense was terrible and one dimensional (because Daryl Richardson was running straight up the middle for what felt like no gain every single time he got the ball). If ever there was a time for some optimism around Sam, its now.

Some people obviously expect there to be 32 Peyton Mannings in the league at any given time.

PhxRam

Here at THE lake as the Midwest knows it's a zoo during the summer. As I'm around town I find out where people are from and then talk sports whether it's Cubs baseball or golf or Golpher football or whatever. I'd say the numbers of St Lou folks questioning Sam are increasing somewhat, whether justified or not.

Nate's title is about right.

Only Sam can do something about that on the field.

And there is nothing wrong with criticizing players. I would be lying to you if I said I liked EVERY player on the Rams.

But there are ways of criticizing respectfully. If you can't show our a players a decent level of respect, then posters won't be shown the same and be deleted.

Dont make me call in @-X- to clean the joint.

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Its not just that, some people are just trolls...you would be surprised. He is one of 6 or 7 from the other board who are all cut from the same cloth.

I must say however, that the ignore feature on this board is FANTASTIC as it eliminates post AND poster!

It just saved me from moving on to another board because assholes like this dude ruin a board.

I don't get it. He was having what would have been a really good season before he got injured and at a time when our offense was terrible and one dimensional (because Daryl Richardson was running straight up the middle for what felt like no gain every single time he got the ball). If ever there was a time for some optimism around Sam, its now.

Some people obviously expect there to be 32 Peyton Mannings in the league at any given time.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Back to the Kent Sterling podcast for a minute? I was unable to listen to it. What was the comment about "on the plane"? What was that alleged incident?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

LumberTubs said:

^ This.

Sometimes I can't help but think the haters would also hate Manning. Just something to bitch about.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Some people are like that, hell, my buddies dad is a "rams fan" watches every single game and bitches every single game about how bad we suck. Bitches about the players and the coaches. The damnedest part is that the shit he says makes no sense what so ever. Like I said, trolls gonna troll, haters gonna hate. But REAL fans, they dislike a player while still having his back IMO. Don't think Sam is our guy, but I'll be damned if I take another guy over him right now, we're invested! Lol

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Its not just that, some people are just trolls...you would be surprised. He is one of 6 or 7 from the other board who are all cut from the same cloth.

I must say however, that the ignore feature on this board is FANTASTIC as it eliminates post AND poster!

It just saved me from moving on to another board because assholes like this dude ruin a board.
What the hell did you do? Lol....ever watch the movie "The Island" it was about this terrific island, that no one knew about. It was amazing and just a bunch of friends all lived there (mostly at peace)....this is our island. Don't tell the douches lol

RFIP

He called Sam a "turd"" says he ignores players and staff and thinks hes too good for others. To wit C Long, Clemens and others have TOTALLY refuted.

Back to the Kent Sterling podcast for a minute? I was unable to listen to it. What was the comment about "on the plane"? What was that alleged incident?

duckhunter

Starter
And there is nothing wrong with criticizing players. I would be lying to you if I said I liked EVERY player on the Rams.

But there are ways of criticizing respectfully. If you can't show our a players a decent level of respect, then posters won't be shown the same and be deleted.

Dont make me call in @-X- to clean the joint.

Before the season, there was talk of the Rams extending Sam. Not a whimper now. Fish said Sam is the guy for 2014. Didn't address beyond that. There may be more to the injury thing than we hear in the press. Who knows for sure.

Here's a slightly different way of looking at it. Might the Rams not want to ferment some sort of indecision in other GMs mind come draft day about whether the Rams stay with Bradford or not. Yeah, Snead said he's open for business on the #2 pick but they got to be a little squeamish at Ram's park as they look at some of these QBs they might be passing by this year. It's a crazy chess match and full of cloak and dagger stuff.

Probably the $64K question on the renegotiating issue that keeps the apple cart upset is how do you put the $33M of the current remaining 2 years under the cap. The moving parts on this are too numerous to outline. Sam will be slighted if the Rams don't guarantee it like a few others. It's possible that the Rams are moving the wrong way in their view of renegotiations. I don't know.

So in my mind the Rams could go a lot of ways. I think many Rams fans are now realizing how complicated it is and it's coming out sideways and some have accepted going a different way.

I don't know what NorCal said but he is usually fairly level headed. Known him a while. Same with X. Heck, I wrote a few articles for him on his first site about 8 years ago. I find it best to try to stay open minded on these things. But it's hard to do sometimes, because I like to be a cut up and shock folks.

I'll go take my Thorazene pill.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I listen to StL radio and almost half of them are down on Bradford.

Guys like Neil Rackers, Carey Davis, Michael Young, Frank Cusumano, the entire Ryan Kelly Morning show, they all say Bradford is no better than a JAG.

Then there's the national guys like Bill Simmons, and Bill Barnwell who bash Bradford. Barnwell said if the Rams don't draft a QB in the first round they are clueless.

And so it goes.

Bradford is a polarizing figure for sure, and his contract adds fuel to that fire.

Of the top 20 highest paid QBs in the NFL, of which Sam is the 7th highest paid, he is the only one not to make the playoffs. That raises criticism, justifiable or not.

The obvious reaction is to say dump Sam and his huge contract, use the $10 mil saved on something else like helping to pay FS Byrd, or Saffold, or Quinn. We can get a much cheaper QB in the draft and the odds may be decent that he's at least as good as Sam. It's an argument that has some merit or at least is worth a discussion.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Put me in the camp happy to have an experienced Sam Bradford under center next season. A rookie filled with growing pains doesn't sound appealing for a playoff push.

duckhunter

Starter
It's almost impossible for the Rams not to give Sam his chance. But it's also gotta be hard to pass on some of these QBs. That's why Snead wants a 1 this year and next for our #2 this year as I see it. He'll then have ammo irregardless. If Sam falters, Snead is hoping for Mariotta and Bortles to be there next year. Makes sense to me. Probably for 5 minutes. Then I'll change my mind or the situation changes.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I listen to StL radio and almost half of them are down on Bradford.

Guys like Neil Rackers, Carey Davis, Michael Young, Frank Cusumano, the entire Ryan Kelly Morning show, they all say Bradford is no better than a JAG.

Then there's the national guys like Bill Simmons, and Bill Barnwell who bash Bradford. Barnwell said if the Rams don't draft a QB in the first round they are clueless.

And so it goes.

Bradford is a polarizing figure for sure, and his contract adds fuel to that fire.

Of the top 20 highest paid QBs in the NFL, of which Sam is the 7th highest paid, he is the only one not to make the playoffs. That raises criticism, justifiable or not.

The obvious reaction is to say dump Sam and his huge contract, use the $10 mil saved on something else like helping to pay FS Byrd, or Saffold, or Quinn. We can get a much cheaper QB in the draft and the odds may be decent that he's at least as good as Sam. It's an argument that has some merit or at least is worth a discussion.

The counter question to those guys should be what is their solution to improve the QB? All they basically say it needs to BETTER MOAR!!!! So you get rid of Sam and then what...unknown rookie?

Bill Simmons and Bill Barnwell (who the hell is this guy) can go suck an egg for all I care. BSPN "analysis" doesn't mean shit to me.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
The counter question to those guys should be what is their solution to improve the QB? All they basically say it needs to BETTER MOAR!!!! So you get rid of Sam and then what...unknown rookie?

Bill Simmons and Bill Barnwell (who the hell is this guy) can go suck an egg for all I care. BSPN "analysis" doesn't mean shyte to me.

What they are saying is that the Rams can't count on Bradford either because of his performance when healthy or because he is an injury risk. They think the Rams can find a rookie who is a better solution than Sam, if not this year than at least long term.

I happen to like duck's viewpoint. Snead wants that 2015 first rounder in a trade down this year. If Bradford doesn't cut it, they we have 2 first rounders to get our QB next year.

I don't believe putting all our eggs in the Bradford basket is a wise plan beyond this year.

Sam gets this year. Some are unwilling to concede that it's a possibility that Sam may not be good enough. I disagree with them. I think we should be prepared if Sam doesn't cut it this year, for whatever reason, including getting hurt again.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
What they are saying is that the Rams can't count on Bradford either because of his performance when healthy or because he is an injury risk. They think the Rams can find a rookie who is a better solution than Sam, if not this year than at least long term.

I happen to like duck's viewpoint. Snead wants that 2015 first rounder in a trade down this year. If Bradford doesn't cut it, they we have 2 first rounders to get our QB next year.

I don't believe putting all our eggs in the Bradford basket is a wise plan beyond this year.

Sam gets this year. Some are unwilling to concede that it's a possibility that Sam may not be good enough. I disagree with them. I think we should be prepared if Sam doesn't cut it this year, for whatever reason, including getting hurt again.
Can't say I disagree with the strategy for 2015. Never know how things will turn out!

RFIP

"National" gurus are down on Sam? Ok but I've heard Gruden GLOW about him like he never has before, and Gil Brandt has also never wavered in support.

Venturi is a bitter, out of work ex Ram coach with a lousy record and Neil Rackers? Really?

To be honest, how many QB's AREN'T being talked about negatively?

I've heard it about Cutler, Stafford, Dalton, Tanneyhill, Schuab, Ryan and his 1 playoff win, Geno Smith, RG3, Eli, even Kapernick was under the gun early on and still their pass game sucks.

As for injuried QB's Brady and Peyton each missed a season (Sam has missed 15 games), Ben's been hurt, Palmer too, RG3 hurt and benched, Smith, Schuab, Locker, Manuel, Gabbert, and on and on.

Everyone gets hurt. So me the QB we can draft that you guarnett won't get hurt? Its rediculous. Sam blew his acl and had a high ankle in which he did play several games with until the season was a wreck. Does he EVER get credit for that?

The $ he makes is due to him falling in the last class without a rookie wage scale, its not his fault, I'm prettu sure Suh, McCoy and Williams who follwed Sam are WAY over paid too but not a word there from these pundits?

At the end of the day you either believe what you've seen these last 2 season will continue, or your sure he sucks because, well someone tells you he sucks.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
RFIP, I get a feeling... You may enjoy that Bradford is our guy . Gonna go out on a limb and say, your a fan?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Apparently some low-ranking errand boy on the plane said, "Hey Sam! Hey! HI!" and Sam didn't run over and give him a big hug.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Apparently some low-ranking errand boy on the plane said, "Hey Sam! Hey! HI!" and Sam didn't run over and give him a big hug.

Thanks! I had missed that.

If this is true we certainly don't want his as our QB.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
To be honest, how many QB's AREN'T being talked about negatively?

I've heard it about Cutler, Stafford, Dalton, Tanneyhill, Schuab, Ryan and his 1 playoff win, Geno Smith, RG3, Eli, even Kapernick was under the gun early on and still their pass game sucks.

Don't forget Romo and Flacco, too. Heck, Rivers was on the way out in SD, before this year.

If it was so easy to find P Manning, Brady, Rogers, or Brees (who was ran off his drafted team BTW) this football thing would be easy!