Where is the attitude?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Faceplant said:
X said:
CGI_Ram said:
X said:
CGI_Ram said:
X said:
That's a stark contrast to the attitude we apparently exhibited week one though. I seem to remember people saying we had resolve, fight, a never say die attitude, etc. In a loss, we now have none of that? What if we win Thursday, will we get it back? Nothing against you, Danielson, but I think a loss comes with far too many permanent condemnations from the fan base. Line up Chris Long, Laurinaitis, Finnegan, Quinn, McDonald, Trumaine, Jenkins, and tell me you'd be able to say to them, with a straight face, "You guys have no bravado."

Okay, week one. Week 3 is in the books. :cool:

I am suggesting this team has clearly has lost it's identity from the week one win. We aren't as fierce or as defined as I'd expect, particularly on D.

What is the identity of this team?
I dunno. Young?

Okay, good answer.

I would hope the HC sets the tone and the attitude.

I'm not saying the season is over. Just saying; it's time to establish the attitude.
He did set the attitude last year. Didn't he? Wasn't that what we were all saying? "Look at what a change in head coaches can do! This team has attitude!" Now they don't? They got their asses kicked. It happens. If they string a few of those together in a row, then there's cause for concern. Right now I'm just resolved to the idea that they got rolled. And like Bradford said ... maybe that's what they needed. Sometimes you do need to get punched in the mouth to realize that you're not the badass of the block anymore. What you do AFTER that is what defines you as a person (and/or team).

Waaaait a minute. Lets not pretend that the Rams didn't get their stool pushed in last week against Atlanta. One decent quarter of football does not a game make. They were asleep at the wheel for most of the opener too. So, by my math, the Rams have played a total of maybe 3 good quarters of football in 3 weeks. That's being generous. You can put as much lipstick on them as you want, but they are still a pig right now. Lets hope they can start to bring home the bacon instead of BEING the meal.
That's got nothing to do with what I just said, and I disagree with your assessment of the Falcons game anyway. Yeah, they lost. Yeah, they started off slow, but they were within 7 with over 8 minutes to play and weren't able to pull it out because of Julio freaking Jones and his ability to beat MAN coverage. I don't care about the math. I care about their ability to bounce back during games (happened twice), and I care about their ability to put bad games behind them and focus on the next (resolve). Will they do it? I dunno. Probably. They didn't fold up shop after the patriots or vikings game last year. Why would I expect them to pack it in this year?

They're a young team right now. Shit's gonna happen. Other teams have *established* programs, and we're probably going to lose more of those games than we'll win until we become an established program ourselves. I mean, let's face it ... this team has been in flux for about 7 years now. I know patience isn't one of our strong suits, but we don't have very many other options at this point.