Where is the attitude?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
When I think of Jeff Fisher teams - I think of attitude.

Right now... this team is not showing any attitude. No bravado. No moxie. No identity. No confidence.

So my question is; where did the attitude go? We had mojo last year... this year - none!

What's up with that?

tumblr_lkxmyfqSS11qa3nkxo1_500.gif

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's a stark contrast to the attitude we apparently exhibited week one though. I seem to remember people saying we had resolve, fight, a never say die attitude, etc. In a loss, we now have none of that? What if we win Thursday, will we get it back? Nothing against you, Danielson, but I think a loss comes with far too many permanent condemnations from the fan base. Line up Chris Long, Laurinaitis, Finnegan, Quinn, McDonald, Trumaine, Jenkins, and tell me you'd be able to say to them, with a straight face, "You guys have no bravado."

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
It's still early in the season. This is a very young team. Keep in mind the rookies from last year that played great are 2nd year players. We're the youngest team in the NFL DON'T overlook that. I still think we bounce back but to say we're a true contender to go deep into the playoffs with a young team that we have is a stretch

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
That's a stark contrast to the attitude we apparently exhibited week one though. I seem to remember people saying we had resolve, fight, a never say die attitude, etc. In a loss, we now have none of that? What if we win Thursday, will we get it back? Nothing against you, Danielson, but I think a loss comes with far too many permanent condemnations from the fan base. Line up Chris Long, Laurinaitis, Finnegan, Quinn, McDonald, Trumaine, Jenkins, and tell me you'd be able to say to them, with a straight face, "You guys have no bravado."

Okay, week one. Week 3 is in the books. :cool:

I am suggesting this team has clearly has lost it's identity from the week one win. We aren't as fierce or as defined as I'd expect, particularly on D.

What is the identity of this team?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
CGI_Ram said:
X said:

I am suggesting this team has clearly has lost it's identity from the week one win. We aren't as fierce or as defined as I'd expect, particularly on D.

I dunno. Young?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
X said:
CGI_Ram said:
X said:

I dunno. Young?

Okay, good answer.

I would hope the HC sets the tone and the attitude.

I'm not saying the season is over. Just saying; it's time to establish the attitude.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Young Ram said:
The attitude left with Jo-lonn Dunbar.

You're not the first to suggest that. But I think it's WRONG when we've got three $10M plus guys on this defense.

:grr:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
CGI_Ram said:
X said:
CGI_Ram said:
X said:

I dunno. Young?

Okay, good answer.

I'm not saying the season is over. Just saying; it's time to establish the attitude.
He did set the attitude last year. Didn't he? Wasn't that what we were all saying? "Look at what a change in head coaches can do! This team has attitude!" Now they don't? They got their asses kicked. It happens. If they string a few of those together in a row, then there's cause for concern. Right now I'm just resolved to the idea that they got rolled. And like Bradford said ... maybe that's what they needed. Sometimes you do need to get punched in the mouth to realize that you're not the badass of the block anymore. What you do AFTER that is what defines you as a person (and/or team).

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
X said:
CGI_Ram said:
X said:
CGI_Ram said:
X said:

I dunno. Young?

Okay, good answer.

He did set the attitude last year. Didn't he? Wasn't that what we were all saying? "Look at what a change in head coaches can do! This team has attitude!" Now they don't? They got their asses kicked. It happens. If they string a few of those together in a row, then there's cause for concern. Right now I'm just resolved to the idea that they got rolled. And like Bradford said ... maybe that's what they needed. Sometimes you do need to get punched in the mouth to realize that you're not the badass of the block anymore. What you do AFTER that is what defines you as a person (and/or team).

Fair enough.

He did set the attitude last year.

It's time to reset that attitude this year. But... shouldn't require reset, IMO. It should be a foundation now.

But I'll agree with this; What you do AFTER that is what defines you as a person (and/or team).

duckhunter

Starter
I don't know. I saw so much that was wrong, hard to say where to start.

McDonald looked better in run defense and firey but one play defines what so many have been saying. He was playing 15 yds off the line and before the ball is snapped starts back pedaling while the TE doesn't get a chuck from the LB and runs into his zone for a 15 yd completion and then McDonald comes up to make the stop.

We're not competing for the ball. It should be just as much ours while it is in the air. Heck, CBs are giving MORE than 10 yd cushions.

A55VA6

Legend
Our defense would be just fine if we didn't give 10 yard cushions, imo. Play more man.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:

Line them up and I'd have more words than that for them.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jrry32 said:
X said:

Line them up and I'd have more words than that for them.
Get your affairs in order first.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
X said:
CGI_Ram said:
X said:
CGI_Ram said:
X said:

I dunno. Young?

Okay, good answer.

I'm sorry X but we were never bad asses to begin with. I was hoping this year would be the year. :|

But the season isn't over yet. There's still time, but it's not looking good so far.

duckhunter

Starter
A55VA6 said:
Our defense would be just fine if we didn't give 10 yard cushions, imo. Play more man.

Agree, what they are predominantly doing isn't working so why not mix in some more man. I think they got the talent, why not.

Crossing routes are killing us in front of the safeties because the safeties are so deep. LBs are always in tow by as much as 5 yds.

This pass d looks as bad as Spags immobile bowling pins zone days.

Hard to watch and understand why after last year.

Vita

UDFA
The reality is that all 3 teams that they faced punched them in the mouth and they were lucky to pull 1win out. A win over San Fran puts them at 2-0 in our division and a huge boost to the confidence. The coaches have to show a little flexibility and confidence in theses players. They are playing not to lose right from the start.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
X said:
CGI_Ram said:
X said:
CGI_Ram said:
X said:

I dunno. Young?

Okay, good answer.

Waaaait a minute. Lets not pretend that the Rams didn't get their stool pushed in last week against Atlanta. One decent quarter of football does not a game make. They were asleep at the wheel for most of the opener too. So, by my math, the Rams have played a total of maybe 3 good quarters of football in 3 weeks. That's being generous. You can put as much lipstick on them as you want, but they are still a pig right now. Lets hope they can start to bring home the bacon instead of BEING the meal.

Ebonemalone

Rookie
X said:

I think with how young our players are, that playing with the crowd behind them is big