Where is Britt?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kenny Britt has been such presence throughout PreSeason, and was well regarded,fiery as he caught Bradford passes, shredding our CB's...He was teaching Quick to do, as he did.

He succeeded. Brian Quick is coming into his own, and I believe the example of how to be a big physical WR, playing with attitude, has been imparted. Having said all of that, where the heck is he? I can only remember a pass and a run today, and nothing the previous game..while Quick has been doing his thing. Is it just that our Offense is so limited, that he can't be used that much?

bskrilla

Starter
Kenny Britt has been such presence throughout PreSeason, and was well regarded,fiery as he caught Bradford passes, shredding our CB's...He was teaching Quick to do, as he did.

He succeeded. Brian Quick is coming into his own, and I believe the example of how to be a big physical WR, playing with attitude, has been imparted. Having said all of that, where the heck is he? I can only remember a pass and a run today, and nothing the previous game..while Quick has been doing his thing. Is it just that our Offense is so limited, that he can't be used that much?

When you're not throwing a ton only so many guys can get a bunch of yards. Quick had 77 yards today and 8 different receivers had receptions. He'll have his big games, but there are only so many balls to go around.

BadCompany

Rookie
I don't get the games too often up here, so this is an honest question; how is Britt being covered? Is he getting the top CB? Are safeties providing support on his routes? Maybe he's just drawing more coverage, which is opening up some room for Quick.

I know that if I was a defensive coordinator trying to figure out what to do with my secondary when facing the Rams Britt would occupy more of my headspace than Quick, who until the last two games was viewed as a complete bust around the league. Even the rest of our motley collection of whoever else we throw out there doesn't inspire a lot of fear I would think. Givens, Pettis, even Austin... nothing overly proven there, right? So I would be focusing on the one proven guy, even if said guy appeared to be already on the downside of his brief career.

Could it be that as Quick starts to get more noticed and draw more coverage some room might open up for Britt to get more balls thrown his way?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Each Team we play will be attached differently, He'll Have his days. He was only Targeted once in the game ( per. ESPN) and he got 17yds. and he had 1 Rush ( which surprised me, Thanks Schotty!) for 12 yds! He's having his impact!