Where Do We Go From Here?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
Really scary situation on the O-line right now. I'm starting to get worried. Except that I know they must have a plan to get out of this. Is it a good plan though? Even if it is, will things work out like they want. Scary.

fearsomefour

Legend
I think our leverage really comes down to who the Texans select. With the QBs being a bit muddled having Clowney available at 2 may be the most beneficial for a trade down.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Fuck it take Robinson at 2 and Evans or BPA at 13. Who says we need to trade at all? If we're not blown away take a guy who's going to help our team right now. Rest of the NFL can eat a dick for all I care, they don't dictate what we do.

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I really think this draft makes or breaks Fisher/Snead. If we try and get too cute and trade down (assuming we get no OL in FA) and pick a bunch of project OL and they dont pan out, bye Fish.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I could see both Robinson and Evans going either way boom or bust. The two just may be too much risk for any reasonable GM and Coach duo to take a chance on.
I really think Mathews is probably the safest pick in the draft.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Don't forget Saffold was a 2nd rounder. The talent can be found other than a high 1st round pick. While I do really like Robinson, You MUST draft smart. If there's a lot of OL the Rams like, but not a lot they like at other positions, I would rather them go with the other positions early to get the better talent.

Saffold was a 2nd rounder however Saffold was the First pick of the on the second day of the entire draft.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
The Rams obviously have no real leverage at number 2 now with teams knowing they NEED OL.

What do you think happens? Rams potentially find a suitor to drop down a few spots and hope Matthews or Robinson falls, or do you pick at number two the guy you are guarenteed to get?
F It! Let's re draft Jason Smith at #2! What say you?

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I think we are still in great shape. As long as we come out of free agency with a decent S, CB, or OL, we have needs which can be adequately addressed in the draft. Other teams are more focused on their own needs than ours, I assure you

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I think Dahl has came back in to the conversation to a degree. He is still under the Rams control.
After the draft there will be some decent guards and backup tackles looking for any place to land.
But still the draft is the best place to rebuild the line.

laramsoriginal

Starter
Dear Snisher,

Don't take Clowney nor Watkins. If you do, consider redshirting Bradford. Would hate for him to get killed on the field

iced

Lol Saffold leaving doesn't cement anything we do at #2 overall, especially for drafting a guard in the Top 5 (calling that extremely rare would be an under statement)

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Dahl and Wells are still on the team, you know! Expecting an o lineman or 2 in the first as they are needed and the quality is there. Not the dream scenario we hoped for though! Just saw a post on Dahl being released! Guess that's a wrap on him!

Last edited:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Dahl and Wells are still on the team, you know! Expecting an o lineman or 2 in the first as they are needed and the quality is there. Not the dream scenario we hoped for though!

Are we even gonna cut Dahl? I keep expecting it and then it doesn't happen...

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
They'll probably keep him into the preseason and see what happens! Don't believe it cost them his contract money to do that. Not gonna happen now per the post I just read!

Last edited:

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I really think this draft makes or breaks Fisher/Snead. If we try and get too cute and trade down (assuming we get no OL in FA) and pick a bunch of project OL and they dont pan out, bye Fish.

Doubtful. When Kroenke bought the team he said he wanted to follow the philosophy of the Patriots. Part of that is letting your football people see thru their process.

Nothing Kroenke has done since being owner would make me feel like he is giving the three year plan to a coach he believes has already proven himself.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
My feeling was always that the Rams would draft one guard and sign one guard in FA (possibly Saffold). Now that we know it WON'T be Saffold, the only thing that's changed is one option.