Where are all you folks from?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

UnknownREknown

Well-unKnown Member
Selassie I said:
UnknownREknown said:
Originally from Odessa, Tx., moved to San Antonio in 2010, been here since...

Hope to run in to some of you guys who are close!

I love me some San Antonio. I lived there for three years (Fort Sam Houston) in the early 80s. Went to Robert G. Cole HS,,, same school Shaq went to.

Saw snow for the first time there,,, but it only snowed one time. The summer heat was more to my liking. Not enough water for me though,,, the only "water" close by was Canyon lake, and that wasn't exactly close.

I scored many TDs running all over Randolph and Lackland back in those days. The Air Force Bases were obviously our rivals.

Great Tex/Mex food, man I miss that. They probably aren't still around, but I remember two of my favorite restaurants being The Time Machine and The Bean Pot.

Also went to watch George "The Iceman" Gervin score 40+ on everyone all of the time. He WAS the SA Spurs back then.

I could go on and on about SA,,, but I'll stop now. :lmao:

That's awesome..!! I was actually on a resort at Canyon Lake earlier today. Pretty cool to have somebody speak on the 'going on's' here in SA!!

Magic Time Machine is still operating and very popular but i've never heard of The Bean Pot..(looked it up, says it closed down).

The temperature still isn't as warm as it should be for this time of year but it's getting there, you should stop by and soak in some familiar South Texas heat!!

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I absolutely love how spread out these fans are!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
UnknownREknown said:
Selassie I said:
UnknownREknown said:
Originally from Odessa, Tx., moved to San Antonio in 2010, been here since...

Hope to run in to some of you guys who are close!

I love me some San Antonio. I lived there for three years (Fort Sam Houston) in the early 80s. Went to Robert G. Cole HS,,, same school Shaq went to.

Saw snow for the first time there,,, but it only snowed one time. The summer heat was more to my liking. Not enough water for me though,,, the only "water" close by was Canyon lake, and that wasn't exactly close.

I scored many TDs running all over Randolph and Lackland back in those days. The Air Force Bases were obviously our rivals.

Great Tex/Mex food, man I miss that. They probably aren't still around, but I remember two of my favorite restaurants being The Time Machine and The Bean Pot.

Also went to watch George "The Iceman" Gervin score 40+ on everyone all of the time. He WAS the SA Spurs back then.

I could go on and on about SA,,, but I'll stop now. :lmao:

That's awesome..!! I was actually on a resort at Canyon Lake earlier today. Pretty cool to have somebody speak on the 'going on's' here in SA!!

Magic Time Machine is still operating and very popular but i've never heard of The Bean Pot..(looked it up, says it closed down).

The temperature still isn't as warm as it should be for this time of year but it's getting there, you should stop by and soak in some familiar South Texas heat!!

Hey that's crazy that you were just at Canyon lake. I have some great memories from weekends at that lake. Good times.

Too bad about the Bean Pot,,, they had a gigantic variety of home cooked beans that were all-you-could-eat. Many of them were spicy and some were hotter than hell. Other Tex/Mex food too, but the shear variety of the bean selection was what everyone went for. Small little place, but killer food and concept.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
from good old Yucaipa CA. 1 hour to the beach and 1 hour to the snow :cheese:

Slappy967

Starter
Springfield Illinois now but grew up on the IL side of the river in Edwardsville IL. Planning my yearly trip to see a few games this year and I think this will be the first year the Wife & I make the trip down for training camp.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
North Hollywood & Van Nuys then San Fransisco Bay area CA, Space Coast & Central of FL, Lompoc CA then back to Northwest Florida Panhandle of the Deep South.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
BonifayRam said:
North Hollywood & Van Nuys then San Fransisco Bay area CA, Space Coast & Central of FL, Lompoc CA then back to Northwest Florida Panhandle of the Deep South.

Huh. My dad was a fireman stationed at the Van Nuys airport fire department. We moved from the SF Valley to Atascadero - just north of Lompoc. In fact my wife and I bought our first truck and financed it through Vandenburg Federal Credit Union in Lompoc.

All the members of this site seem to be about 3 degrees of separation from each other.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
RamFan503 said:
BonifayRam said:

Huh. My dad was a fireman stationed at the Van Nuys airport fire department. We moved from the SF Valley to Atascadero - just north of Lompoc. In fact my wife and I bought our first truck and financed it through Vandenburg Federal Credit Union in Lompoc.

All the members of this site seem to be about 3 degrees of separation from each other.

My dad was locked up in Lompoc...does that count?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
HitStick said:
RamFan503 said:
BonifayRam said:

My dad was locked up in Lompoc...does that count?

I suppose there's a degree there somewhere. :sly:

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
BonifayRam said:

Navy guy?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
ReddingRam said:
BonifayRam said:

Navy guy?

Dad worked for Lockheed with defense missiles. There @ Van Nuys area then Sunnyvale area in SF then to the Cape back to Lompoc then back to the Cape then when cuts took its toll in 1970 he was laid off after 15 plus yrs.

Lompoc was a strange area best dunes on the base I have ever Dune buggy'd on. The Pacific Ocean there @ Lompoc is an unbelievable deep blue I have never seen the ocean like it was there.

I presently live about 45 minutes from the warm smooth salty emerald coast waters of the gulf but still dream of that Pacific. I watched the Rams on LA CBS TV stations from 1966 thru 1968 there @ Lompoc Ca. got hooked bad on the Rams never lost that Ram passion.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
BonifayRam said:
ReddingRam said:
BonifayRam said:

Navy guy?

Dad worked for Lockheed with defense missiles. There @ Van Nuys area then Sunnyvale area in SF then to the Cape back to Lompoc then back to the Cape then when cuts took its toll in 1970 he was laid off after 15 plus yrs.

Lompoc was a strange area best dunes on the base I have ever Dune buggy'd on. The Pacific Ocean there @ Lompoc is an unbelievable deep blue I have never seen the ocean like it was there.

I presently live about 45 minutes from the warm smooth salty emerald coast waters of the gulf but still dream of that Pacific. I watched the Rams on LA CBS TV stations from 1966 thru 1968 there @ Lompoc Ca. got hooked bad on the Rams never lost that Ram passion.

aaahhh ... Ok. Just was thinking there were a lot of Naval air stations in and around your stops :cool:

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RamFan503 said:
BonifayRam said:

"WAR" ANDERSONS SPLIT PEA SOUP in Buellton! Still there and going strong.