When Will We Be Good?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
But really the true competition in the NFC West is who can win the most games.
In the Division the Rams do, outside the Division is where we have had problems!

Edit, Note: Watch the Rams in their Season Home Opener against the 'Hag's in front of another 90K+ crowd!! We will sow the World, "WE HAVE ARRIVED!!"

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What worries me after last nights performance was that were seeing "vanilla" offensive and defensive schemes from both teams, and the Dallas 1sts were on a path to blowing us out. What happened to our vaunted defense? It tells me that we need tricky playcalling to win, because we can't outplay the other guys, straight up.

Hence the opening sentence of this thread.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It takes a lot of good to great players to be really good in the NFL. Just think of the GSOT roster and how loaded it was. The Rams are getting there but are still a few players away IMO.

Maybe not even a few players away,just more time to develop this very young core of players

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What worries me after last nights performance was that were seeing "vanilla" offensive and defensive schemes from both teams, and the Dallas 1sts were on a path to blowing us out. What happened to our vaunted defense? It tells me that we need tricky playcalling to win, because we can't outplay the other guys, straight up.

Hence the opening sentence of this thread.

It's called working on your technique. Yeah - why do you think coaches call plays ?? I guess just take off the headphones & go mono e mono !!
The coaches are looking for talent.Then again if a player is better than another player & is dumb v's play calling ??

Robinson & Quick might be real good examples of talent that does not translate to game time ??

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Until you get a solid offensive line and good group of receivers, I'm afraid it's going to be more of the same. It all starts up front on the line. I hope Hav, Brown and Robinson grow up quickly and solidify the line.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Will it happen before I die? :help:
Well, for starters, when's that going to be?*
Would be a bummer if God posted, "Well Loyal Ram, I've got good news and bad news, the good news is the answer to your first question is, this season! But the bad news is the answer to your 2nd question is NO"
Lol
*Not a religious or political correct post

tbux

Rookie
I've asked myself that same question numerous times recently...the closest I can come is 1 or 2 seasons following Fishers departure.....assuming it isn't too long from now (and) his replacement has "the goods". IMO, this team just isn't tough enough....it's great to have a players coach, the players always love playing for one, :blah: :blah::blah:...but when it comes to building a winning team these days, I'll take a hard ass'd obsessive, perfectionist that produces results rather than cool shades, smiles, sun tans and promises. Every year it's the same song....will this season be any different?

I guess we're going to find out...:baghead:

Disclaimer: Now if Snisher somehow pulls a rabbit out of his hat this season, I'll be there cheering along with all the other homies...I certainly won't bet against it mind you....... but if you want to stay around long enough to see them "be good", I wouldn't let your gym membership expire quite yet. ;)

Name all the coaches winning with the likes of Clemens,Davis,Hill,Foles,and Keenum. Bottom line is if you don't have a good QB, odds of you winning more than 8 are not great at all. Countless examples of teams dropping off bigtime without their starter. Dallas last year, Indy etc winning 7 games with those QBs is actually not bad at all. IF we hit on Goff, watch what happens with our record.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Think about this for a moment....

I was at Rams camp last week, Snead come over to sign autographs before practice started. As he is signing and about five feet from me I tell him "Thanks Les!" He looks up at me and I say "thanks for putting this team together". His reply, "We're close". I of course said "No, we are there now! This is our year."

Why would the GM say we are close? Kind of struck me. Now was it an honest assessment and he feels we need a couple more pieces? Or was it a comment that this GM makes because he is being cautious in what he says?

Makes me wonder where Snead/Fisher feel they are.

"Close" might be just be as far as the GM can get them......after that, it's up to the coaches and players to execute and TAKE greatness.

30e9a0c99fe70cd79f744bf3fb0b99f8.jpg

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Will it happen before I die? :help:

I would guess that it depends on how long you live??? I know that I probably can't wait too terribly long... Medicare sucks, it will probably kill me ( and I've only been on it for a month and a half..Come on Rams, help me out here...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Higbee's addition on top of Gurley being in year 2 and Tavon being just a little better than last year might be enough to give us a "solid" offense, i.e. one that finishes somewhere from 20th to 15th in scoring. This offense has lacked the possession option at TE so badly it's ridiculous.

Then not to be greedy but just have ONE of these WRs demonstrate an ability to play in the slot. Yeah, that would put this offense back on the map man. I'm very confident of that.

And of course from there remember that we need the defense to not take a step back in points allowed (they were 13th last year). Ideally they'll get better at getting off the field, which was something they struggled with in a more "bend but don't break" type final product. That will in turn give the offense more looks early to settle in and help us win more games.