When Will We Be Good?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Will it happen before I die? :help:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If we don't win 9 games or more, f*cking fire EVERYBODY!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe by November. Though it could be argued that with two of the best teams in the NFC in our division, the window for contention isn't open yet.
Why not? We beat them regularly

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Will it happen before I die? :help:

I've asked myself that same question numerous times recently...the closest I can come is 1 or 2 seasons following Fishers departure.....assuming it isn't too long from now (and) his replacement has "the goods". IMO, this team just isn't tough enough....it's great to have a players coach, the players always love playing for one, :blah: :blah::blah:...but when it comes to building a winning team these days, I'll take a hard ass'd obsessive, perfectionist that produces results rather than cool shades, smiles, sun tans and promises. Every year it's the same song....will this season be any different?

I guess we're going to find out...:baghead:

Disclaimer: Now if Snisher somehow pulls a rabbit out of his hat this season, I'll be there cheering along with all the other homies...I certainly won't bet against it mind you....... but if you want to stay around long enough to see them "be good", I wouldn't let your gym membership expire quite yet. ;)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It takes a lot of good to great players to be really good in the NFL. Just think of the GSOT roster and how loaded it was. The Rams are getting there but are still a few players away IMO.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
No reason it can't be this year although conventional wisdom probably says such a young team relocating to boot would struggle. I'm cautiously optimistic we have three or four rookies make one hell of an impact this season. Why not shock the world?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
These 3 things could make it happen:

#1-if Rob Quinn would finally recovers from his back surgery & at least gets on the field on passing downs. Eugene Sims is not starting RDE NFL material. Sims is better in relief role & going inside on passing downs. We saw a big difference from the RDE post when Longacre & Seau were operating it.

#2-When Gurley gets on the field & runs the ball around 15 times & catches the ball around 5 times a game.

#3-When Fisher makes the hard call on removing the wide outs who have too many drops & do not show up game time but only in practice. Cut the dead weight!

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Think about this for a moment....

I was at Rams camp last week, Snead come over to sign autographs before practice started. As he is signing and about five feet from me I tell him "Thanks Les!" He looks up at me and I say "thanks for putting this team together". His reply, "We're close". I of course said "No, we are there now! This is our year."

Why would the GM say we are close? Kind of struck me. Now was it an honest assessment and he feels we need a couple more pieces? Or was it a comment that this GM makes because he is being cautious in what he says?

Makes me wonder where Snead/Fisher feel they are.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Think about this for a moment....

I was at Rams camp last week, Snead come over to sign autographs before practice started. As he is signing and about five feet from me I tell him "Thanks Les!" He looks up at me and I say "thanks for putting this team together". His reply, "We're close". I of course said "No, we are there now! This is our year."

Why would the GM say we are close? Kind of struck me. Now was it an honest assessment and he feels we need a couple more pieces? Or was it a comment that this GM makes because he is being cautious in what he says?

Makes me wonder where Snead/Fisher feel they are.

It was probably an honest assessment. They really are close. A quarterback and more reliable receivers and we're seeing a playoff team. And we could have both on the roster right now. They just need time to grow.