When Will Quick's Time Come?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Not gonna lie, I'm dying to see quick get 7-8 catches in a game because when he has the ball in his hands, he looks like a load to bring down. He's only caught 2 passes so far, but he's got 15 yards on both. I know Pettis had a good game, but his ceiling is not nearly as high as Quick IMO. Pettis will always be a number 3 WR and Quick has the tools to be a number 1.

I'd love to ask Fisher how far off he is and get an honest answer. What's holding him back? IDK, it just baffles me at this point. We all heard of the noticeable progression he made this offseason, but actions speak louder than words. The Rams simply are not utilizing him. I have no doubt there are passing routes that would be more suitable for Quick to run over Pettis, but they're sticking with Pettis.

At the end of the day, we haven't even played 3 games yet and I hope this team progresses a lot as the season progresses. We have to improve across the board, and I think Quick phazing out Pettis on the outside needs a premium placed on it. I like Pettis fine in the slot, but give Quick his reps on the outside. How do we know what we have in him if we never use him? We need to start rolling with the punches with him if he is really not ready because the sooner we do, the better he'll get. Better now than later, IMO. Who knows? By mid season he could be coming into his own along with everyone else. He's not a rookie anymore, and we need him to show we have faith in him. We drafted him high, let's quit making that pick look bad and let him prove we made the right choice.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I am anxious about this guy, too. I think we all are. He IS making progress , though, and I think his breakout game will come soon.

At the very least we don't have to worry about him ending up like AJ Jenkins. Quick is going to be a big part of this offense at some point.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think I'd rather see him out there making a few mistakes and learning, than standing on the sideline. Getting this guy ready HAS GOT TO BE A PRIORITY for the coaches.

Stealing some stats from Shane Gray's 101-Sports article is looks like there has been progress getting Quick more involved from week 1 to week 2;

According to footballoutsiders.com, Quick only collected 19 snaps in the Arizona opener. For comparison’s sake, Chris Givens and Austin Pettis both amassed 55.

In Week 2, Quick got more playing time. According to rosterwatch.com, Quick was on the field for 33 snaps – or 45 percent of the offense’s 77 total snaps.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101sports.com/2013/09/18/rams-review-bakers-dozen-observations-inquiries-week-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101sports.com/2013/09/18/ram ... es-week-2/</a>

jap

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
I think I'd rather see him out there making a few mistakes and learning, than standing on the sideline. Getting this guy ready HAS GOT TO BE A PRIORITY for the coaches.

Stealing some stats from Shane Gray's 101-Sports article is looks like there has been progress getting Quick more involved from week 1 to week 2;

According to footballoutsiders.com, Quick only collected 19 snaps in the Arizona opener. For comparison’s sake, Chris Givens and Austin Pettis both amassed 55.

In Week 2, Quick got more playing time. According to rosterwatch.com, Quick was on the field for 33 snaps – or 45 percent of the offense’s 77 total snaps.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101sports.com/2013/09/18/rams-review-bakers-dozen-observations-inquiries-week-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101sports.com/2013/09/18/ram ... es-week-2/</a>

So they are essentially easing him in and allowing him to get comfortable with the playing speed and his refined skills---just as it should be.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
jap said:
So they are essentially easing him in and allowing him to get comfortable with the playing speed and his refined skills---just as it should be.

I hope so... but without digging into those stats deeper; it could be a matter of being down big to the Falcons we ran more 4 WR sets, or something.

Let's see how it goes this week!

nighttrain

Legend
jap said:
CGI_Ram said:

yessir jap, excellent
train

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quick could also be a major asset just being on the field in terms of keeping the opposing D honest. They have to account for him and he can totally burn them if they blow an assignment.

jap

Legend
I just want Brian rolling by the Seattle game (October 28). I want Chris and/or Tavon running by Sherwood with the rock, and I want Brian trucking his way over the loudmouth.